Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't change Screen Resolution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can't change Screen Resolution

YonFellow
12.16.2011 , 02:23 PM | #1
I can't change my screen resolution. Every time I try, it takes so long to apply the changes that the "Keep changes" timer expires and it reverts to the old settings.

Is there any way to either disable this timer or set the resolution from outside of the game?

YonFellow
12.16.2011 , 02:26 PM | #2
I just posted this three minutes ago and it's already off the front page.

YonFellow
12.16.2011 , 02:29 PM | #3
Seriously, this forum moves way too fast. Does nobody have /anything?/

hulduet
12.16.2011 , 02:29 PM | #4
You need to change the graphic in the .ini files... if you have problems to do it in game due to black screen taking over 15 seconds /sigh.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Edit client_settings.ini / graphics_mirror.ini(not sure if you need to change this one) and edit in the resolution you want.

For example...

Height = 1024
NativeHeight = 1024
NativeWidth = 1280
Width = 1280

That works for me at least. I couldn't change in the game so had to do it in the .ini.

YonFellow
12.16.2011 , 04:20 PM | #5
Worked like a dream. Thanks!

moonsparks
12.18.2011 , 02:08 PM | #6
I played around with the client files and tried reinstalling the client downloader from swtor.com. After that the game failed to load "last ditch effort before total reinstall". I then did a repair of the game from the launcher that did repair some files. When the game loaded and I went to the main character page i clicked settings and my resolution was already set at what I was trying to get. Before this i had the same issue not being able to change settings.

bryancor
12.21.2011 , 10:24 AM | #7
I feel the same.