Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Generation of Fan Are You?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which Generation of Fan Are You?

kaczuszka
03.20.2012 , 03:17 PM | #21
I'm a star wars fan since i was three
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

valin-krai
03.20.2012 , 04:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Born in 93, so i was 5 when the phantom menace came out in cinemas, got really into star wars in 2002 when attack of the clones came out and just been a fan ever since.
Same here. Got hooked when I got a VHS of The Phantom Menace in the Easter of 2000. If only my parents knew 10 years later their son would be attending a Star Wars convention and waiting over 7 hours to see George Lucas.
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

Aximand
03.20.2012 , 05:02 PM | #23
The first time I saw the movies when I was around eight (1996) I was hooked. By the time the GameCube was out and they were making more Rogue Squadron games my friends and I would trade off levels and when we got to the Death Star II level I just started naming the names of the different ships (both class and "Christened" names) until they finally told me to shut up and just play the game.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

AbelMorvant
03.21.2012 , 12:39 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
I guess I'm the "Inbetweener" generation.
Born the year RoTJ came out, and grew up watching them from being recorded off tv until the Digitally Remastered versions were released in '95.
Same here, those were truely the dark ages of star wars, the most exciting thing that happened in those times were the release of Shadows of the Empire toys. It sucked as being a kid just as the Star Wars fad was dying out and it was a pain in the *** to find the toys (it's not like we had online stores or any of that stuff to order from).

I was honestly a fan the entire time through the dark ages, and not sure about anyone else but it felt kinda depressing in those days.

Although I was disappointed with the prequels I can give thanks to them for helping bring SW back in full force. I don't care how much you hate the prequels, SW would pretty much be dead right now if it wasn't for them - Then again I think that could be debateable, just my opinion of course.

MORTTUUM
03.21.2012 , 02:59 AM | #25
3/4s of the way thru "Star Wars" (it wasn't "Episode 4" or "A New Hope" yet), when the X-wings opened their S-foils. Up until that point, I was a bit disappointed (all the hype..).
I hate violence. I'm just really, really prepared for Peace.

hunterpryde
03.21.2012 , 03:08 AM | #26
Born in 1973.... so ive been a fan since i was a kid and saw episode IV new hope. episodes 1 2 3 are to sparkly in look and dont have the same feel to them. then introducing the force as medicalorians.....what?... personaly im just hoping the make the timothy zaun books (hier to the empire) into movies....that would rock.

soulself
03.21.2012 , 06:21 AM | #27
I would say OT generation tho i first saw them on tv cause i was born in 77 i don't think i saw them till the mid 80's

Quote: Originally Posted by hunterpryde View Post
personaly im just hoping the make the timothy zaun books (hier to the empire) into movies....that would rock.
I agree, those books were the first star wars novels i ever read.
I'm in a war against all things stupid.

jsabotin
03.21.2012 , 06:48 AM | #28
I saw the original in 77 when I was in kindergarten. I guess that made me a true member of the "Star Wars Generation"... my entire formative childhood revolved around all things Star Wars. I was hard core until outgrowing it a couple years after ROTJ.

I played X-Wing on my college computer and loved it, though that didn't really get me back into the whole Star Wars concept too much.

It was actually the "Heir to the Empire" series by Timothy Zahn that rekindled my love for the universe. At that point, as a college grad with a new job, I reacquired all the toys I'd had (and subsequently had garage-saled) as a kid.

So now, for essentially my 40th birthday present, I play The Old Republic. What a long, strange trip it's been.

CadBaneRules
03.21.2012 , 08:42 AM | #29
Not only did I see Phantom when I was 1, my first words as a toddler were "Tar Wars". And even before I could talk, When I'd see a TV, the theme song would just burst out of my mouth. I remember going to the thaetres to see episode II, and lightsaber fighting with all the other kids in line. I still lightsaber fight while watching that, and everyother movie. I live the movies, not jusst watch them.
FOR RAGNOS!

Darth_Solrac
03.21.2012 , 10:46 AM | #30
Born in Feb. '86. Saw the OT when I was a kid on video . The NT/prequels were just the awesome icing on my SW cake.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.