Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Generation of Fan Are You?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which Generation of Fan Are You?

RepublicChicken
03.20.2012 , 09:04 AM | #11
Born in 77, so naturally I wasn't around to see any of the originals in the cinema. My earliest memory was a few years later when I was just a kid and saw the intro for ANH on TV long after bedtime. Mom chased me to bed just as Darth Vader showed up, and I didn't get to see the complete movie until the early 90s. Still, that imagine, that music and that character left an impression on me I have to this day. Even now I remember the feeling of not knowing what to expect, and then being blown away. My neighbors had several of the toys, and I read a few of the comic books and loved all of it.

The only annoying this is a comic book spoiled the Darth Vader-mystery, which was a letdown when I saw the movies. Oh, and don't forget the games. My personal favorite is by far TIE Fighter, but many of them were awesome. It's a shame we haven't had a great SW-game in a long time, though. I thought KotOR was merely ok, and even Old Republic was a letdown. It's grown on me, but not so much I'm addicted yet. I'm working on that, though.

CadBaneRules
03.20.2012 , 09:16 AM | #12
Born in 98. Parents told me they took me to see Episode I in theatres when I was 1. My first words were Star Wars. I saw all the OT by the time I was 5. Saw Episode II twice in theatres, and Episode III three times. I have all the special editions, plus all of the original theatrical realeases of the Original Triology.
FOR RAGNOS!

Captain_Zone
03.20.2012 , 09:59 AM | #13
OT OG here. Saw it as a kid, and have been a Star Wars fan ever since. My dad explained Han shooting Greedo as "proactive self-defense" after the movie was over. lol
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

rigormortua
03.20.2012 , 10:21 AM | #14
First gen StarWars. I was 16 when the first movie came out. It completely change the face of movies forever.

elliotcat
03.20.2012 , 11:08 AM | #15
I was born in 1987, and my mom saw it when it came out. My mom has been a sci-fi fan for a long time and raised me on Star Trek. As a girl growing up in the 90s, I didn't get to see very many strong women in movies for kids, so my mom felt it was really important for me to see Star Wars because Princess Leia was a wise and strong woman. She also felt like it was one of the greatest stories of cinema and wanted me to see it. So when I was 11 and it came back to theatres she took me to see it. I didn't really get heavily into it but I loved the movie and Leia did stick with me as an example of a female character I wanted to be like.

SpiderDave
03.20.2012 , 11:59 AM | #16
As a kid in the 90s, I became a fan a few years before the special editions came out. It was freaking awesome to see Star Wars on the big screen.
{█≣███╫╫╫╫╫◙˚█⌠\▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Guildrum
03.20.2012 , 12:40 PM | #17
I am a prequels generation fan. I remember watching Episode II, I would stand up on the couches to imitate the Clone Troopers swooping in to beat the CIS.

Bluerodian
03.20.2012 , 02:48 PM | #18
Born in '78. Didn't get to see the first one in the theaters, of course, but saw the rest. Had the old-school star wars toys. I miss those days.
Long time player of SWG from cradle to grave. First Kettemoor, then Starsider.

Referral Link! You know you want to click on it.

BenjaminminU
03.20.2012 , 02:49 PM | #19
Born in 93, so i was 5 when the phantom menace came out in cinemas, got really into star wars in 2002 when attack of the clones came out and just been a fan ever since.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Asturias
03.20.2012 , 03:04 PM | #20
My dad took me to the theatre for Empire Strike Back as a little kid and been hooked ever since. My hole family loves the saga and now i am glad to share it with my kids. I still got the VHS of the OT and couple of the toys that my kids play with now.
The greatest Star Wars story, that was ever told.
A hunter, a seeker, and a killer for hire
Asturias (Lonestar Legacy)
Jung Ma RP PvP