Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Generation of Fan Are You?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which Generation of Fan Are You?

valin-krai
03.20.2012 , 07:07 AM | #1
Which generation of fan are you? Did you become a fan when the OT was coming out in theaters? What about during the dark ages when only a few novels and comics were there to fill the void? Were you like me and found Star Wars as the prequels/special editions were coming out? Or are you part of The Clone Wars generation?
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

Erevan_Kindelar
03.20.2012 , 07:11 AM | #2
Firmly part of the "A New Hope" generation, who saw Ep.IV in the cinema when it first came out

PutinDoesJudo
03.20.2012 , 07:13 AM | #3
For the movies? I was born in 89, so just enjoyed the movies as a kid, didn't get massively into it.

But the real subject on hand, or what should be the subject on hand, is when did you first play, and fall in love with KOTOR, which this game is based off. I played it when it first came out in 2003, and it is and always will be one of the greatest, and beats the movies any day.

What I'm trying to say is... it was KOTOR that made me a true fan, and it's the TOR era that brought me to this game.

PS: I think there is way too much movie talk, and too little KOTOR talk. If you didn't get to experience KOTOR back in the day, you can still pick it up on Steam for $5, and it works on windows 7.

ckoneful
03.20.2012 , 07:20 AM | #4
I got into it in the 90s when I was about 6(So about 99) when I was rummaging through my grand parents attic and found a giant Darth Vader head filled with like every action figure imaginable. Heh... Yea, I'm young :3

upzie
03.20.2012 , 07:30 AM | #5
saw my first movie 1990
Upzie, Assassin | Disciples of Zdupz | Tomb of Freedon Nadd
I'm proberly better than you

valin-krai
03.20.2012 , 07:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PutinDoesJudo View Post
For the movies? I was born in 89, so just enjoyed the movies as a kid, didn't get massively into it.

But the real subject on hand, or what should be the subject on hand, is when did you first play, and fall in love with KOTOR, which this game is based off. I played it when it first came out in 2003, and it is and always will be one of the greatest, and beats the movies any day.

What I'm trying to say is... it was KOTOR that made me a true fan, and it's the TOR era that brought me to this game.

PS: I think there is way too much movie talk, and too little KOTOR talk. If you didn't get to experience KOTOR back in the day, you can still pick it up on Steam for $5, and it works on windows 7.
I was referring to when you became a fan.
IE)
1977 - 1983
1984-1996
1997-2007
2007 - present
KotOR fits in the Prequel generation if thats how you found Star Wars.
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

iCanUseTheForce
03.20.2012 , 07:49 AM | #7
Born in 1981, a fan of Star Wars as soon as I was old enough for dad to put the CED of ANH in. I had all the toys...still do actually. Didn't get into the books until this year though. Addicted.

Lagerfiend
03.20.2012 , 08:02 AM | #8
Born mid 70's, played with action figures as a kid (lost most of them in the garden or broke them DOH!) and saw ep 4,5 and 6 at the cinema.....
still enjoying it
I love Fridays!
Sword in Box FTW.

Fyurii
03.20.2012 , 08:57 AM | #9
I guess I'm the "Inbetweener" generation.
Born the year RoTJ came out, and grew up watching them from being recorded off tv until the Digitally Remastered versions were released in '95.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

dazednconfuzed
03.20.2012 , 09:00 AM | #10
Born 1980, been a fan ever since I was old enough to read the giant words flying through space...
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.