Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassins untouched in 1.2

Powerr
03.19.2012 , 11:30 PM | #21
thats a stat padding spec, it's not competitive.

Nothing can stop Power!
<Matchless>

Follow my LiveStream

cuteypie
03.19.2012 , 11:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dankbawls View Post
Show me pictures of DPS classes in DPS specs and gear of equal skill and gear being out damaged by a tank assassin in tank gear.
Until that happens, the class is not broken and again it comes down to assassins running a TANK spec wearing DPS gear.
Did you see the first post and the 3 pictures posted in it? Why would someone use tank gear in pvp, the stats only work against snipers/gunslinger anyway

Grimspire
03.19.2012 , 11:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dankbawls View Post
Show me pictures of DPS classes in DPS specs and gear of equal skill and gear being out damaged by a tank assassin in tank gear.
Until that happens, the class is not broken and again it comes down to assassins running a TANK spec wearing DPS gear.

Nobody cares what gear he's wearing. In Tank spec and DPS gear the class is still a Tank. It is still very hard to kill. It is in no way as squishy as other dps classes.

Your reasoning behind what makes the class overpowered is beyond ridiculous. You're telling me that to fix this problem you want to prevent Tank specs from wearing DPS gear?

Sounds freaking great! Hey all you Juggernaut/Assassin/Powertech players out there, I hope you didn't just purchase all your shiny new War Hero gear as DPS gear. Now you'll never be able to respec as a Tank without having to grind up a totally new set.

Yes...that makes total sense.

ForeverYoung
03.19.2012 , 11:35 PM | #24
Wanted to see darkness nerf and deception buff in 1.2 so much. Nothing.
Darkness+dps gear so OP now.
Like bioware forcing me to play darkness that i dont like >:

Grimspire
03.19.2012 , 11:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerr View Post
thats a stat padding spec, it's not competitive.
Oh look, a Jedi Shadow.

Celesian
03.19.2012 , 11:39 PM | #26
Grim you really can't read can you. I said that if he's getting number's like that he is using a spec that doesn't contribute to the team as much as say a normal tank spec'd assassin would. He is padding his number's plain and simple trying to imply a class is OP because he run's around padding meter's while ignoring the objective's is the sign of a troll. I tried to reason thing's out with you and come up with a logical reason for why he can do those number's. As for the speed hack's and stuff yes they are used blatantly on my server and packet hackin seems to be pretty big as well so stranger thing's can happen.

The video you posted is rigged to hell anyways. The guy always has expertise buff and adrenal + stim's up in every shot. He can do that damage once every 3-5 minute's not every single time he goes after someone.

dankbawls
03.19.2012 , 11:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cuteypie View Post
Did you see the first post and the 3 pictures posted in it? Why would someone use tank gear in pvp, the stats only work against snipers/gunslinger anyway
Again, that comes to the gear being the issue not the class being OP. Bioware made a tank set for assassins that is specifically for PVP, just because the gear is awful itemization wise for pvp if you're going for DAMAGE. A tankasin wearing tank gear can last longer thus providing more protection and support for his team, which is what the purpose of a tank spec in pvp is designed to do.

The fact that people are obsessed with going for highest damage in warzones (like what else would you gear for? ) leads to people using gear that was designed for other specs thus changing the way the class interacts in pvp (i.e. being viewed as overpowered and needing a nerf when the class itself is working as it should.)

You don't hear people in pve complaining that tanksins in tank gear are putting out more dps then their dps in DPS GEAR, when THAT happens, yes tankasins would be overpowered.

Grimspire
03.19.2012 , 11:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Celesian View Post
Grim you really can't read can you. I said that if he's getting number's like that he is using a spec that doesn't contribute to the team as much as say a normal tank spec'd assassin would. He is padding his number's plain and simple trying to imply a class is OP because he run's around padding meter's while ignoring the objective's is the sign of a troll. I tried to reason thing's out with you and come up with a logical reason for why he can do those number's. As for the speed hack's and stuff yes they are used blatantly on my server and packet hackin seems to be pretty big as well so stranger thing's can happen.

The video you posted is rigged to hell anyways. The guy always has expertise buff and adrenal + stim's up in every shot. He can do that damage once every 3-5 minute's not every single time he goes after someone.
And I'm telling you as someone who plays against him he most certainly does not ignore objectives or not help his team. He's not padding anything. You don't think putting up numbers like that can help his team win?

Are you really going to look at 3-4 screenshots of stats and then jump to the conclusion that he's done nothing to help his team? You're missing the countless other warzones where he sits and defends a turret in Alderaan for his team. You're missing the warzones where he sits in front of a door in Voidstar to prevent a plant by himself as long as possible (which is pretty long considering how resilient the class is). Assassins are also one of the top Ball runners in Huttball (second only to Juggernauts in my opinion) especially as tank spec.

The fact remains that while helping its team, when it's time to throw down some damage the class is top notch at doing it. When it's time to defend a healer and throw down taunts and CC, the class is top notch at doing it. And when it's time to survive and delay the opponent, the class is top notch at doing it.

They just do everything a little too well with one spec.

bloatality
03.19.2012 , 11:51 PM | #29
How people can justify a player in a tank stance doing 500k to 600k damage in a warzone is beyond me. A tank stance should allow for the player to live longer to support his team with taunt and guard. I do not feel there is another tank class in the game currently that can run tank stance with dps mods and enhancements and duplicate the damage output of an assassin currently.

PhilBrentJr
03.19.2012 , 11:57 PM | #30
Stunned to be honest..
1- if you are tank spec'd Sin, and you put on DPS pvp gear and do that. interesting is all I can say.
2- WHat they need to do, is not nerf, but FIX the other 2 trees in a Sin's over all abilities. 1 out of 3 trees works... great. the other 2 are simply a waist of time.
Deception is utterly obvious burst, (and very much able to be countered) by anyone with half a brain.
Madness is no where NEAR what a Sorc can do because a lack of Dot's inherited my the Sorc's base skills vice a sin's melee inheritance.
PVP sure there can be a gripe about a few things, but I am over all displeased that they didnt even try to touch the DPS trees for a Sin, considering they are skipped by just about every raiding group because of a lack of sustained DPS.
They NEED to fix the DPS tree's and then you will see not so many Tank spec'd (but DPS gear wearing) Sin's in WZ's.

Subnote to the Developers:
FIX THE SIN's DPS TREES, problem solved.
Equality is a perversion. It binds the strong to the weak. The weak become anchors that drag the strong down.
-Darth Bane