Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Order 66 questions

Captain_Zone
03.20.2012 , 01:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CmnderShep View Post
Are you going off movies or books?

In the books, it describes that they were just bred to be extremely obedient and not question orders. So if they got an order that said "Hey the jedi are traitors, kill them" then they would do it. Also, by this point, I believe that Palpatine had already started inserting some of the second generation clones he had been making on that moon base of his. So those others were completely controlled by him.
And "bred to be extremely obedient" is different than brainwashing/programming how? Still genetically imprinted. I do believe, however, the rogue clones that disobeyed Order 66 were in "sibling units" where not all of the genetic conditioning worked as far as extreme orders such as 66. They were clones. Bred and programmed to be the perfect soldiers. Sounds like the plot of Rogue Trooper, tbh. Probably where George got that idea. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

bionamaster
03.20.2012 , 01:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by zElmTree View Post
So Order 66 was the order given by palpatine aka lord sidius to flip a "switch" in the clones to make them betray the jedi. At least I think it is...so I have a couple questions

1. Were the clones just acting all throughout the clone wars tv shows?
2. Are the clones consisidered evil?
3. Have they always known they were going to betray the Jedi eventually?
4. How could the Jedi not sense a plot to destroy all Jedi by the clones. I mean if they are supposedly weak minded aka "these aren't the droids you're looking for..move along" wouldn't the Jedi or Yoda feel a certain doom coming from the clones?

Yeah that's basically it...if u have anymore questions about it feel free to ask
1. I don't know. My theory is that Order 66 was a verbal command to activate programming dormant in the clone's mind. So I guess they really were good guys during The Clone Wars.
2. Only after Revenge of the Sith. After that, Clones were used in the Imperial Navy, so yea.
3. Conflicting canon here. My theory gathered from books is that the Clones had no idea. But in the Battlefront II game, at the end of the Felucia mission, a clone said
Spoiler

So, I don't know.
4. Well, Palpatine was shrouding his plans in the Dark Side, reducing the Jedi's powers of prediction. To make sure their non-Force related instincts wouldn't kick in, he allowed countless battles to take place, cementing the clone army's appearance as the Jedi's merry helpers, both to the Jedi, and the Clones themselves. Thus, the Clone War was essentially a social gathering, introducing the Jedi to their future murderers. My question is: How did the Kaminoans make Clones? Cause i'd love to have a programmable soldier to do my homework for me
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!