Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Random" Loot Problem

Smokey_swtor
04.12.2012 , 09:15 PM | #11
Does not work after 1.2... good job bioware!!

6 HM FP's, 3 inquis, 1 sniper = 100% warrior gear...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunitsukami View Post
People are allowed to have opinions, and when you give them complete anonymity and a voice they become double a-holes.

yzzArc
04.12.2012 , 09:45 PM | #12
Quote:
Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account.
They only said that it would take into account what classes were in the group, it didn't say that it was going to drop gear for them. Apparently they are just taking the group composition into account to guarantee that the classes in the FP/OP don't get anything.

ViperI
04.12.2012 , 10:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by yzzArc View Post
They only said that it would take into account what classes were in the group, it didn't say that it was going to drop gear for them. Apparently they are just taking the group composition into account to guarantee that the classes in the FP/OP don't get anything.
Lol, yeah, I suppose, "taking into account" is open to a wide range of interpretations.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

cloudblade
04.12.2012 , 11:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by yzzArc View Post
Hahaha, zing!!!

JediXMan
04.12.2012 , 11:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotlx View Post
It is a 'pray to the gods' system that will be removed in 1.2 and will take into account group composition to dictate drops.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaksith View Post
Can't wait for 1.2 and the new threads whining about how they can't gear their companions because everyone needs the loot.....

Quote: Originally Posted by Murah View Post
I'm guessing the OP didn't know it was being addressed in the next patch, especially since she confessed she doesn't come to these forums often.
Well, so much for that...

ViperI
04.16.2012 , 10:52 AM | #16
My guild raided this weekend and we saw several JK rakata drops when there was no JK in the raid. No one even wanted it for companions. Most of them just rotted.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

Raific
04.16.2012 , 10:56 AM | #17
Few threads on this. Hopefully BW responds so we know: Bug or Feature

Thoffs
04.16.2012 , 11:03 AM | #18
Yeah, did EV hard mode last night - lots of smuggler drops (including chest), no smuggler in group, wunderbar!

The smart loot system in 1.2 needs more smarts.

Canarith
04.16.2012 , 11:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoffs View Post
Yeah, did EV hard mode last night - lots of smuggler drops (including chest), no smuggler in group, wunderbar!

The smart loot system in 1.2 needs more smarts.
So, if I told you that I did EC last night and we had very mixed drops, not all one class, would you tell me I am lying? Loot is like this sometimes. Sometimes, we get all Aim gear with no bounty hunter in a group, other times it is all sorc gear(my guildie friend has 4 piece healing and dps rakata), other times it is very mixed. It is the very definition of random

Kaonis
04.16.2012 , 11:53 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Canarith View Post
So, if I told you that I did EC last night and we had very mixed drops, not all one class, would you tell me I am lying? Loot is like this sometimes. Sometimes, we get all Aim gear with no bounty hunter in a group, other times it is all sorc gear(my guildie friend has 4 piece healing and dps rakata), other times it is very mixed. It is the very definition of random
The fact that so many people can come on here and complain that this 100% system of giving gear for the odd class out pretty well proves this is not random. We see a distinct pattern meaning not random.

The simple answer is BW done goofed on the "smart" loot system, to think it's random with such a drastic pattern emerging is plain ridiculous.