Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Queuing Agony

djemotion
12.16.2011 , 02:14 PM | #1
I have to say firstly well done as this MMO is as polished as an MMO gets on launch. However i have to stress my concerns over the queue times already experienced by players. With the game not even launched and queue times already in excess of an hour on some servers, are we to fear the worst on launch day? I understand that on launch that most MMO's result to queueing for servers but have Bioware done the maths when it comes to pre-orders and server population or can we expect server miggration imminently?
That said im not going back to my queue only 500 log offs to go.
See ya all on the dark side

Pheneom
12.16.2011 , 02:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by djemotion View Post
I have to say firstly well done as this MMO is as polished as an MMO gets on launch. However i have to stress my concerns over the queue times already experienced by players. With the game not even launched and queue times already in excess of an hour on some servers, are we to fear the worst on launch day? I understand that on launch that most MMO's result to queueing for servers but have Bioware done the maths when it comes to pre-orders and server population or can we expect server miggration imminently?
That said im not going back to my queue only 500 log offs to go.
See ya all on the dark side

I completely agree here. Waiting for a 1hour and 10 minute queue is NOT good. Especially as the game as not yet got live for retail.

I am impressed with the game thus far, with a bit of fine polishing, can knock wow off the top block. BUTTTT..( There is always a bit butt, and I am glad its not mine), long queue times will send ppl straight back to wow you will start to loose ppl fast.

PLEASE PLEASE, have a look at server capacity and do something to reduce these ridiculously long queues .
_____________________________ _____________________________

pooty
12.16.2011 , 02:29 PM | #3
And it only gets worse... seriously start upgrading those servers NOW!

they cant even say move to another, its the same EVERYWHERE.. and im not paying to wait 20min to 2½hours to play!

ravontwo
12.16.2011 , 02:40 PM | #4
the same here. the server my character is on has a 1hr 10min wait right now (the rest arent much better). unfortunately i don't have time to wait. shame.

oh well it has to get better before my 30 days runs out as i won't be paying a tenner a month to wait for an hour each time i want to play.

fingers crossed as this is looking like it will be the best game ever. it would just be nice to be able to log on and play it...

mparnelly
12.16.2011 , 02:42 PM | #5
havent experienced any queues yet, :| i hope to not
. R.I.P OPoD

Pheneom
12.16.2011 , 02:43 PM | #6
Lets hope that they read this and we get more ppl to reply to comments, in a constructive way. But if it continues and gets worse passed release day. BW is going to be loosing ppl left right and center.

Where will they go? Back to WoW.

What will blizzard do? LAUGH at BW. So please, before Christmas. Sort out these queues before it gets too late to do anything about.
_____________________________ _____________________________

-Merke-
12.16.2011 , 02:45 PM | #7
Sitting in queue atm My guess is they've left the pop caps lower than they actually can, then will release new servers on launch to fill up -> Then increase the caps very slightly to reduce queues?

Aion Servers at launch were ridiculously queued, then after two weeks of play the queues just sensationally disappeared, whilst leaving nicely populated servers. Rather a queue for a bit than an empty server a year down the line (*cough*WoW*cough*)
What kind of dog is this?

JediBosco
12.16.2011 , 02:48 PM | #8
I am sure the severs are scalable and can handle launch volumes, I bet they have a lot of logging and admin features running reducing performance as they collect data and evaluate potential risks etc.

Consider early access as an extended beta test - it is an awesome strategy we can't really complain about performance or queues to much since we aren't paying a sub yet - they don't need to start adding hardware etc right now even if launch is challenging on the servers initially it would be foolish to invest in more servers or added hardware in an attempt to reduce launch pains when the load isn't indicative of a standard loads which I am sure they are more than adequately prepared for.

we'll see but don't over analyze early access - the game hasn't launched just yet. I fully agree that once we start paying to play we should expect to have a certain level of performance and access to the game and if that expectation is not met we have every right to complain about the level of service we are being provided.

/end rant

pooty
12.16.2011 , 02:58 PM | #9
Extended or not, they knew how many preorders of the game that was out there. So capping the servers as low as they did, is by all means allowed to be critisised. So if they are scalable, some admins must be sitting with a funny taste, doing a poor job like this!

Helfar
12.16.2011 , 03:01 PM | #10
Look if there is only an hour queue at early start adn first week, i view it is a success. what i dont like though is having been queued for 4 hours now to get intot he server the company assigned my guild and me to. THAt is unacceptable, compounded by the only response being move.
Punish im for me Errol