Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best companion for leveling Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Best companion for leveling Assassin?

Mondavian
03.19.2012 , 04:05 PM | #1
I'm level 38 and just got Talos, currently playing dps. I was wondering what the best companion will be for leveling from 38-50. Any suggestions or insight are appreciated. Thanks!!

Delillo
03.19.2012 , 04:50 PM | #2
Talos is the man (healer).

Qaoz
03.19.2012 , 05:29 PM | #3
Khem will prevent loss of player health by taking a beating himself.
Andy will prevent loss of player health by killing stuff faster than Khem.
Talos will restore lost player health.

Khem rocks if you're going Deception or Madness. He can keep stuff busy while you pewpew it. His survivability makes up for your lack of Darkness skills. Downside is that you have to dismiss and summon Khem (or Seethe) every other fight as he's going to take a beating.

Andy rocks if you're going primarily Darkness as he makes up for your lack of damage dealing skills. Downside if that you'll be taking most of the hits, which will increase personal downtime.

Talos will increase your survivability by a lot, which is good for both damage dealers and tanks, and very good for hybrids. Downside is that you do less overall damage than with Khem or Andy. If you're not a tank/hybrid, you will also lose your meat shield, making you pretty vulnerable to elites and whatnot.

Mordeguy
03.19.2012 , 07:39 PM | #4
Never played my assassin as DPS but I know as darkness I tried all companions and they all did just fine, though I saw little reason to use a tank companion as a tank.

I pretty much used new companions as soon as I got them up until Ashara. Ashara was amazing when geared up a bit with some oranges and since I was taking all the hits I never had issues with her being squishy, infact I found her quite sturdy when needed. Talos turns leveling into a mindless, effortless, smooth process which some like. I kept him geared as much as I could too because there were times I felt like making things extra easy or needed some heals for heroic soloing.

I would say for a DPS spec though you can't go wrong with Khem or Talos (as long as you keep khems gear up to date).

LordFallacy
03.20.2012 , 12:50 PM | #5
i leveled madness

use adronikos for normal and silver ranked guys the aoe dmg you can do with deathfield plus his aoe is stupid. you can kill entire packs near instantly

on elites use talos

also you can use xalek if you want hes pretty cool, no other real reason besides that