Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do crew missions change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Why do crew missions change?

XaddaX
03.19.2012 , 01:55 PM | #1
Ok this has been really bothering me. I need gemstones, so I go to send companions out to get them, and all my treasure hunting options are gifts and lockboxes.

Seriously, ***? Why would this even be part of the deal and is there a way to get the materials I need without hoping the missions I need are available when I need them?

DrunkenHyena
03.19.2012 , 03:48 PM | #2
You can purchase (single use) missions from the GTN. Other than that you can reset your list of missions by:
- Logging out and logging back in
- Entering or leaving your ship
- Zoning in or out of a flashpoint (handy for lowbies who don't have a ship)
The Best Resource for Crafters:
http://swtor-crafter.com

Kapono
03.19.2012 , 05:17 PM | #3
I'd suspect it's on the list of upcoming changes. I mean - it's simply an RNG frustration - not interesting gameplay - to need a metal mission and have none (or a low-yield moderate) available. At least you can circumvent the RNG slightly with multiple logins, but seriously, bleah.

Hajizan
03.19.2012 , 05:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DrunkenHyena View Post
You can purchase (single use) missions from the GTN. Other than that you can reset your list of missions by:

Please don't give false information, entering or leaving your ship does not reset your missions.

MorgonKara
03.19.2012 , 06:08 PM | #5
I always just send them on different missions until the ones i want show up.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Akella
03.19.2012 , 06:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
Please don't give false information, entering or leaving your ship does not reset your missions.
I use that method quite often while doing the last 2 tiers of slicing missions. I send Mako out for the abundant lvl 50 which is Data Race I think - and then send the next companion out for the lvl 49 abundant/rich one. Sometimes there won't be another abundant or rich mission available so I zone in my ship and check - send next companion - zone out - check - send next companion. If that's not working then I'm not sure what you call that. Granted, it's not fun gameplay, but it does work.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

XaddaX
03.19.2012 , 08:22 PM | #7
OK great, at least I have some options here, thanks. I was at a total loss and thought I'm just too stupid to understand this CLEVER system.

Suepy
03.19.2012 , 10:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DrunkenHyena View Post
I had no idea! Thanks for the tips, I find the limited missions frustrating as well.

AmunRae
03.19.2012 , 11:29 PM | #9
I had to chime in on here as well as this just recently capped my patience level... Bioware needs to fix this. I don't need FIVE companion gift missions on high level Crew Skills.

Although i appreciate the information from those who've posted, didn't know logging would reset... why should i have to login/logout, enter flashpoints, enter ships, etc etc. Its a complete and total waste of of money, especially in high level missions to have to send the crew out to do missions for other stuff just to get the mats in the list that i need to craft something. Since it sometimes takes up to 30 of one item to RE that item into a purple, you can blast through a stack of Mats pretty quickly. I'll leave that RE'ing cluster for another time/thread.

If i Want Artifact Fragments i shouldn't have to send three crew members out for Power Crystals, just so i can get one Artifact the next go round then have the log fill up with 5 color crystals...

Who was the Brainchild behind that set of code???

downface
03.20.2012 , 07:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
Yes it does. I do this all the time and it works 100%.