Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sprint Ability available at Level 1?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sprint Ability available at Level 1?

Phaedrynn's Avatar


Phaedrynn
03.19.2012 , 11:32 AM | #1
If they are going to do this, why not just remove the ability all together and change the base movement speed of all player characters?

Seems odd to do it this way when they have the opportunity to reduce the total number of character skills and achieve the same goal.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
Well look at the bright side...if you quit SWTOR, you can spend time brushing up on spelling and punctuation.

BigAndyW's Avatar


BigAndyW
03.19.2012 , 11:38 AM | #2
The reason that popped into my mind was that by changing the base movement speed, they'd have to change every other ability which works off of the base movement speed (all speeders, that ability consulars/inquisitors have) whereas changing the level requirement for sprint is comparatively quick and easy.

Plus there's the odd time during datacron hunting (the platform jumping ones) where turning off sprint is beneficial to make a standing jump from one pipe to the next, etc.
Hello, China? I've got something you want but it's gonna cost you... That's right, all the tea..

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
03.19.2012 , 11:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Phaedrynn View Post
If they are going to do this, why not just remove the ability all together and change the base movement speed of all player characters?

Seems odd to do it this way when they have the opportunity to reduce the total number of character skills and achieve the same goal.
some people might like to have that choice? some datacrons are kinda hard to get in sprint mode

monkgryphon's Avatar


monkgryphon
03.19.2012 , 11:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
some people might like to have that choice? some datacrons are kinda hard to get in sprint mode
Press / and your character walks...

Although, I still disagree with the OP. Sprint is an amenity for out of combat. If you increase base run speed, it will affect combat.

Phaedrynn's Avatar


Phaedrynn
03.19.2012 , 01:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Press / and your character walks...

Although, I still disagree with the OP. Sprint is an amenity for out of combat. If you increase base run speed, it will affect combat.
Ah, good point. I hadn't considered this aspect.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
Well look at the bright side...if you quit SWTOR, you can spend time brushing up on spelling and punctuation.