Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So can I remove armoring mods from BM/Rakata gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So can I remove armoring mods from BM/Rakata gear?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kurfer
03.19.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1
Got my cool looking orange set ready to go day 1 if this will be possible...

anyone know?

FrostyDroid
03.19.2012 , 11:21 AM | #2
Yes.

/5chr
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

Kurfer
03.19.2012 , 11:22 AM | #3
OMG YES!

I thought I read it was only for the new gear coming out...good news indeed!

DavidHunt
03.19.2012 , 11:30 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The part that only applies to new gear is the set bonus. Before Game Update 1.2, the set bonus is attached to the shell item, and thus it cannot be moved from old items. In Game Update 1.2, the set bonus will be attached to the armoring, meaning you can move it between items.

HKDeath
03.19.2012 , 01:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
The part that only applies to new gear is the set bonus. Before Game Update 1.2, the set bonus is attached to the shell item, and thus it cannot be moved from old items. In Game Update 1.2, the set bonus will be attached to the armoring, meaning you can move it between items.

You're joking, right?

Please tell me your not seriously saying that people with the current gear will have to reaquire it because EAWare is incapable of doing anything right.

Because from your post that sounds exactly what what you're saying, I just want you to clarify.

Reveillere
03.19.2012 , 01:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HKDeath View Post

You're joking, right?

Please tell me your not seriously saying that people with the current gear will have to reaquire it because EAWare is incapable of doing anything right.

Because from your post that sounds exactly what what you're saying, I just want you to clarify.
Reading comprehension, you got it all wrong

SageH
03.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #7
Oh it's you again. No the mod isn't joking, it's been announced weeks ago that's how the changes to armor/moddable gear/set bonuses would be coming together. Allowing you to have any look you want and not sacrifice set bonuses.

You seem really unhappy about 1.2 in general, wish you the best finding something you enjoy about it.
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

gramz
03.19.2012 , 01:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
Just to let you know, this currently does not work on the PTS. The armorings come out as labelled with the slot and can only go in that slot, but the set bonus isnt listed on the armoring. When put into orange gear, and equipped with an original piece of tier, the set bonus appears satisfied (green), however the effect is not applied. This was easily tested with the sorc healing 4pc (+50 force) and warrior DPS 2pc (-5s on enrage CD).

Krazy_Karl
03.19.2012 , 01:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gramz View Post
Just to let you know, this currently does not work on the PTS. The armorings come out as labelled with the slot and can only go in that slot, but the set bonus isnt listed on the armoring. When put into orange gear, and equipped with an original piece of tier, the set bonus appears satisfied (green), however the effect is not applied. This was easily tested with the sorc healing 4pc (+50 force) and warrior DPS 2pc (-5s on enrage CD).
I already did a /bug for this. I would hope you did as well.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

mordredz
03.19.2012 , 01:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reveillere View Post
Reading comprehension, you got it all wrong
rofl too true, love me some blind raging kids...