Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

These queues are unreasonable

Stokkie
12.16.2011 , 02:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FieldMarshall View Post
Normal for new MMOs. Will even itself out in 7-14 days.
These waiting times are by far not normal for new MMO's
i have seen quite some launches of new MMO's and sure they had some queue's but longest i have experienced is 30 minutes. here we are looking 3+hours.
and thats with only the people that pre-ordered and they already knew they were going to play.

I agree on the fact that at launches the player cap is always lower so people spread out more.

If it was just 1, 2 or 3 servers than ok shouldnt have all picked the same. but there are currently only 3 servers without queue but marked as full or heavy

hulduet
12.16.2011 , 02:38 PM | #22
A month from now this problem will be long gone, trust me.

Scritty
12.16.2011 , 02:39 PM | #23
Frostclaw 1124 in queue. After 1 hour and 20 minutes I was 620 ish - so more or less a 3 hour queue.

Gave up..life's to damn short for this ****

Scritty
Paid up till April 20th. Please give us more to do than just combat between now and then. Interactive professions... decent trade mechanics... secondary professions... decent guild set-ups... anything?!

Zaelesis
12.16.2011 , 02:40 PM | #24
There are game breaking bugs they need to deal with first, then they can get to the queues. Queues are expected for new mmos. Deal with it.

ijakings
12.16.2011 , 02:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaelesis View Post
There are game breaking bugs they need to deal with first, then they can get to the queues. Queues are expected for new mmos. Deal with it.
These should have been fixed in beta, when they were reported months ago.

Instead they decided they needed to dick about with a pointless speeder refresh and nerfing endgame diversity, as just 2 examples.

This problem is equally valid as game breaking bugs. As if you cant get in at all, bugs dont matter.

They had stress tests that predicted this would be a problem, and they did nothing about it.

They should have learned that people wont play on low population servers when The Leviathan and Darth Malak were the highest population servers, and kept increasing.

INCREASE SERVER CAPACITY.
Bioware heard you like options, so they removed the options.

Scritty
12.16.2011 , 02:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by hulduet View Post
A month from now this problem will be long gone, trust me.
Maybe. I'vve played maybe 25-30 MMO's, every AAA one I can think of.
1 or 2 were almost this bad at launch, but most in the last 4 years have been a hell of a lot better than this.

I can't remember the last MMO that I waited more than 30 minutes for.
DOn't get me wrong I HAVE waited more ..a long long time ago, but since say Lotro, Conan, War, FFXIV, Lineage2, Aion and Rify..30 minutes has been about the max, even in early access or on release day.

3 hours is far and away the longest queue I've seen since EQ2..it even beats the original WoW sueues from 7 years back.

Yeah, so waits are the norm, but 2-3 hour waits certainly aren't.

Scritty
Paid up till April 20th. Please give us more to do than just combat between now and then. Interactive professions... decent trade mechanics... secondary professions... decent guild set-ups... anything?!

ijakings
12.16.2011 , 02:45 PM | #27
The biggest problem is biowares customer service is a joke.

They dont reply, and when they do its a standard boilerplate response.

They should try something novel and actually read the posts and reply to the problems, not pick out one word and click their "Queue problems" reply button.
Bioware heard you like options, so they removed the options.

natakukun
12.16.2011 , 02:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Scritty View Post
I can't remember the last MMO that I waited more than 30 minutes for.
DOn't get me wrong I HAVE waited more ..a long long time ago, but since say Lotro, Conan, War, FFXIV, Lineage2, Aion and Rify..30 minutes has been about the max, even in early access or on release day.
you must have played a different Aion to me lol i remember waiting 2-3 hours to get onto my server when it was in early access. i have now given up trying to play this tonight will try again tomoz hoping that i can get on before the queues

Edit: alot of people keep saying it will get better which is true, but can you imagin the number of people they are going to lose in the first few weeks because of this? not everyone has played an mmo before or would expect this kind of thing.

Zaelesis
12.16.2011 , 02:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ijakings View Post
These should have been fixed in beta, when they were reported months ago.

Instead they decided they needed to dick about with a pointless speeder refresh and nerfing endgame diversity, as just 2 examples.

This problem is equally valid as game breaking bugs. As if you cant get in at all, bugs dont matter.

They had stress tests that predicted this would be a problem, and they did nothing about it.

They should have learned that people wont play on low population servers when The Leviathan and Darth Malak were the highest population servers, and kept increasing.

INCREASE SERVER CAPACITY.
Yes, however they had this staggered launch and it did nothing. The servers are still ****ed. Everything they have done hasnt worked. Every single one of these problems shouldve been fixed at least a month ago. What normally would be done this week is polish.

Admitted, there are bugs that you just wont find until theres a few million people playing the game but the stuff thats happening is widespread and shouldve been finished already.

SDA_Slaine
12.16.2011 , 02:50 PM | #30
The queues in Aion were the same. And due to the queues alone I gave up on that game just after 1 week.

I thought beta was over now, and that server stress tests had been completed.

Why do I find my guild has been allocated to a server which is permanently FULL with queues ranging from 2 to 4 hours. What kind of planning is that? It is ruining all my guilds playing experience, and now I find they are all drifting away and just playing solo on whatever server they can get on.

Grats on effectively splitting up a guild which has been together for a decade, and has been waiting for this game for years.

Grats Bioware for ripping us off with our pre order crappy early access. Waste of time planning the guild deployment farce. Waste of time me organising decent enemies and allies to join the same server.

Waste of time period.
www.SDAguild.com
Home of the Bounty Hunters
The Search and Destroy Agency (SDA)
Killer:88%, Socializer:53%, Achiever:33%, Explorer:27%