Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Already Known Schematic Tooltip"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
"Already Known Schematic Tooltip"

Pliableone
03.19.2012 , 01:10 AM | #1
So i've browsed a lot of forum threads and read all the patch notes and was wondering........ Are they going to put an "schematic already known" tooltip in 1.2? It seems that its an extremely easy tooltip to program in with their big changes to the GTN. Its unfortunate that it isnt already out as i want to get every synthweaving schematic. So i was wondering if anyone knows of a dev post about this? Or i hope a dev reads this and says " hey! putting a tooltip on schematics for ones you already know is a damn good idea! " So i really hope this happens soon. Cheers everyone!

uramu
03.19.2012 , 10:42 AM | #2
Can't agree with you enough. As aggravating as it can be to use the GTN in its current state, it's even worse if I come across a schem I'm not sure I already know and have to close the GTN window to double check, then start the whole search process all over again.
I find your lack of faith ... Impressive. Most impressive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
The Dark Side script seems to be mostly aimed at giving adolescent players a power trip and letting them be a jerk without any real consequences beyond developing a bad skin condition with optional on-off switch.

Alsandair_Cahan
03.19.2012 , 11:34 AM | #3
Go to the Crew Skill window and drag the icon from the top of the window to a bar and then open up the GTN. Using the icon, you can have the GTN and the skill window open at the same time. Still have to manually look at patterns, but it's better than nothing.

Pliableone
03.19.2012 , 05:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Alsandair_Cahan View Post
Go to the Crew Skill window and drag the icon from the top of the window to a bar and then open up the GTN. Using the icon, you can have the GTN and the skill window open at the same time. Still have to manually look at patterns, but it's better than nothing.

wow did not know u could do that actually. Hmmm thats awesome tyvm. Well it does help but they still need the tooltip hehehe. Cant wait for such a simple tooltip.

MorgonKara
03.19.2012 , 06:13 PM | #5
That's a good question. It was easy to remember which loot schematics i had when i only had a few, but now that I've started to collect them I have to check against my crew skill window. Honestly it's put me off from collecting loot schematics.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Danakar
03.19.2012 , 07:35 PM | #6
I agree that schematics should have an 'already known' marker on the recipe if you already know them. Also, if BioWare could add an option for the GTN to search for recipes you don't know yet would make it much easier to navigate.

At present time I actually have to write everything down on a piece of paper and compare the recipes I see on the GTN with the entries on my paper.

And to make matters worse, it seems that you can 'relearn' schematics you already know. I tested this with an Armormech recipe (the Polyplast Battle Jacket), and even though I already knew the recipe it happily stated that I just learned the recipe and removed it from my inventory.

Learning recipes that you can already craft and the system doesn't even warn you that the recipe is already known to you; how daft is that? It should have come back to you with the message 'You already know this schematic' in my opinion
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Alsandair_Cahan
03.19.2012 , 07:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Danakar View Post
And to make matters worse, it seems that you can 'relearn' schematics you already know. I tested this with an Armormech recipe (the Polyplast Battle Jacket), and even though I already knew the recipe it happily stated that I just learned the recipe and removed it from my inventory. Learning recipes that you can already craft, how daft is that? It should have come back to you with the message 'You already know this schematic' in my opinion
That's fixed in 1.2 at least. Tried to learn another 'Custom Lightsaber' recipe and got that error message.

Osmedirez
03.19.2012 , 11:26 PM | #8
When I'm buying schematics/looking for new, I start a /say chat, shift click each item that I'm not sure if I have or not (after awhile you get familiar with the ones you've looked up 50 times ^_^) and close the GTN, hit return and i've got a log of all the stuff I was looking at, click through them as I search my crafting list... it's kind of a hassle, but much less so then writing out a checklist.

Sad thing is, i've had people buy one of the things I wanted while I was looking it up like that, so an easier process of elimination would be great. Though I didn't know you could minimize windows to keep them out? Gotta check that out.

Pliableone
03.20.2012 , 05:53 AM | #9
yeah it seems like everyone wants the "already known" tooltip. So hopefully its just one of those minor fixes they forgot to put in patch notes like they've mentioned that they havent put some stuff in patch notes yet or forgot. Well hopefully this thread keeps getting bumped incase a dev needs to see it if it isnt in the game. Thanks for the posts guys in letting me know that im not the only one frustrated . Good hunting for schematics to u all!

Tatumsa
03.20.2012 , 08:04 AM | #10
At least if you use the one-off missions you get an "You already know this ..." but not with schematics :/