Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty hunter chapter 3 bug and the legacy system, will we be unlocked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty hunter chapter 3 bug and the legacy system, will we be unlocked?

Darthdesadarius
03.18.2012 , 08:40 PM | #1
With the known bug to the bounty hunter class, that has yet to be fixed. The bug where we cannot complete chapter 3 of our class quest. When the legacy system comes out with 1.2, what then? How will we be able to unlock legacy system abilities and new class choices if our main is a bounty hunter who cannot progress past chapter 3 because it is broken?

phga
03.19.2012 , 06:22 AM | #2
What bug is this? :/

Darthdesadarius
03.19.2012 , 08:00 AM | #3
Its the bug where your splash screen comes up as still on chapter 3. I really don't know if there are any quests for us to do after this. My real concern is that the system will think that we have not completed chapter 3 even if we have, hence why our splash screen comes up on chapter 3 (when we are logging in).

Axlah
03.19.2012 , 10:47 AM | #4
Raised a ticket about this a month ago no movement on it aside from the automatic "we have passed this on to our dev team" one

snowmon
03.19.2012 , 10:59 AM | #5
pfft, im still bugged from last year, cant finish my class quest cause i went dark side choice, and now i cant punch that supreme %^&*#$ in the face

fix me bioware, your my only hope!
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

phga
03.19.2012 , 11:15 AM | #6
Can't complete the class quest? And this is happening to everyone?

Mrip
03.19.2012 , 01:07 PM | #7
You can complete the quest in game, but the game does not update you to being finished with chapter 3. In 1.2 there will be legacy stuff that unlocks when you finish chapter 3.

I made a post in customer service a while back and got a response saying they are aware of the issue. Didn't say anything about fixing it.

phga
03.19.2012 , 02:06 PM | #8
You mean in the loading screen when you log into your character? It still appears "Chapter 3"? That sucks then, because the same thing is happening on my Sith Warrior. Except it still says "Chapter 1"... I sent a ticket asking if this would prevent me from progressing with my class story (i.e. I had 2 class missions the whole game, one in Balmorra and 1 that actually progressed...), and was told that it wouldnt and that they were aware of this issue. I've completed the final chapter and class quest but it still shows "Chapter I - Balmorra"...

Noviru
03.19.2012 , 05:24 PM | #9
Hello everyone,

In regards to the splash screen not completing after the end of Chapter 3, the issue is being addressed in Patch 1.2:
  • Number One with a Bullet: Corrected an issue that prevented some Bounty Hunters from seeing the correct loading screen text after completing this mission. A crash that could occur when speaking to Darth Tormen has been fixed.
Additionally, the problem players were experiencing with the Dark Side option in "Number One with a Bullet" should have been fixed in Patch 1.0.2:
  • Number One with a Bullet: Players who choose dark side options now correctly receive the mission First Strike after completing this mission.
  • First Strike: Players who did not receive this mission will now receive it upon entering their personal starships.
If you are still experiencing an issue with completing Number One with a Bullet after choosing the Dark Side option, please let us know!

Thank you.

Darthdesadarius
03.22.2012 , 09:58 AM | #10
That great news. If its just a splash screen then we should be good to go. What bugs me is that after submitting, oh I don't know, at least 20 tickets on the issue, you are the 1st one who has told us what was really going on. Just a suggestion, put this information out for your CS team to give a fluent response to players who are under the impression that we are going to have issues with legacy in game update 1.2 . Once again, thanks for the information much appreciated.