Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My new PC - How will it fare?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
My new PC - How will it fare?

Repans
12.16.2011 , 03:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by split_light View Post
According to the specs listed above he got

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card

That should certainly be sufficient for anything TOR could throw at it.
The link shows that he got this : Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) and that upgrading to what you said would have been another 156 dollars.

So I don't know which is right. The link and the specs he copy pasted are different. I was going off of the link because the formatting of the copy paste was rough on the eyes. If he actually did get a 560ti then yes you are correct. Still sad to see that if he did that he would have spent over 1100 USD. Making a similar system costs around 800 dollars right now and that would be with an upgraded motherboard and CPU to a 2500k :/

split_light
12.16.2011 , 03:01 PM | #12
Ah, I didn't follow the link, just went on the stats listed above.

So yes, if he got the 520, it's stinky, if he got the 560 he's good. Depends on which data is correct.

Okanitu
12.16.2011 , 03:26 PM | #13
I got the 560 guys. The Overclocked version as well.

Yeesh.

But yes...Im immediately wishing I got an extra HD.

Having said that, I've got a 600gig HD gaming rig (few years old) which will be sitting right next to this one.

So I'll be ok....for now. But yeah, def shoulda got one.

Okanitu
12.16.2011 , 03:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Repans View Post
The link shows that he got this : Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) and that upgrading to what you said would have been another 156 dollars.

So I don't know which is right. The link and the specs he copy pasted are different. I was going off of the link because the formatting of the copy paste was rough on the eyes. If he actually did get a 560ti then yes you are correct. Still sad to see that if he did that he would have spent over 1100 USD. Making a similar system costs around 800 dollars right now and that would be with an upgraded motherboard and CPU to a 2500k :/
You are probably right, Im not terribly knowledgable on creating PCs, and Im sure I overpayed.

I am getting a nice monitor/speakers/mouse/keyboard though, as well as a custom tower.

Worth the upcharge? Probably not. At least I know it'll be created right though.

Okanitu
12.16.2011 , 03:30 PM | #15
So...now that I've cleared up the Graphics card debate (Its an overclocked 560) - how well will it run SWTOR?

Okanitu
12.16.2011 , 04:02 PM | #16
bump

/10char