Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this is how much i hate corso riggs!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
this is how much i hate corso riggs!

teambff
03.18.2012 , 06:56 PM | #1
http://i.imgur.com/qPcUN.jpg

first i just levelled without a companion for a level, leading into and the beginning of nar'shadaa... then i completely benched corso for the ship bot.

i can't stand corso riggs, i wanted the fatman siidu to join me as companion, he was awesome.. instead i get this freak.

on top of it all for some reason he hangs out in the command area of the ship, which i'm baffled by. what business he has up front is beyond my understanding.

the ship bot is way better than corso, cut my downtime in half and he doesn't hate every decision i make. ship bot > corso.
JOSS WHEDON is god!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vS4z6ngQo
"the scoobygang legacy" on server mind trick, and in all other games, and things, and in life.

Metalmac
03.19.2012 , 02:04 AM | #2
I would have to say you most likely have no clue what you are doing.

I leveled as a Sawbones to 43 then switched to Scrapper at 50 and now am a Sawbones again after the nerfs.

I love Corso Riggs for a number of reasons:
1. Surgically pulls a mob out of a pile to be killed. Before the others can get there I flash Grenade them and slow them and kill that mob. Then have Corso yank that one out of the pile to be killed. Works great for Sawbones or Scrapper.

2. Bowdaar is the most fun to watch but a nightmare as he beats mobs into other mobs. And if you turn that off the is no better then Corso other then for more then one target.

3. Risha can tank as well as the others but is not designed to tank. And mobs will waste her.

I have all 5 of my companions in full Centorian or Champion gear now.

The Bot is the most worthless piece of crap in the game, heals small and can not fight.

Besides Guss can wear my gear and heal almost as good as I can.

Nothing wrong with Corso you just need to learn how to play using him.
Most morons in the game want to charge in like a tank and kill stuff. Typical noobs....

teambff
03.19.2012 , 03:12 AM | #3
this is just a guess but i think you missed the point, completely.

i don't even know what you're talking about, you don't even need a companion on nar'shadaa or most of the low levels. who cares if corso pulls someone with his little tinker toy grapping hook. i don't need any of that.
i'm not a healer so i can basically solo any of the non heroic stuff excluding the boss mobs without a companion so it doesn't matter if i have the ship bot or worthless corso.

had nothing to do with "knowing what you're doing", i dislike corso as a companion i don't care if he was the toughest person in the galaxy and solo'd bosses himself i'd still bench the freak.

but since you missed the point i'll proceed to explain it to you:

jokingly, i'm saying i dislike corso and think he's such a horrible companion, so much so that i benched him for that worthless ship bot. hah.
JOSS WHEDON is god!
"the scoobygang legacy" on server mind trick, and in all other games, and things, and in life.

NRieh
03.19.2012 , 03:32 AM | #4
Quote:
i'm not a healer so i can basically solo any of the non heroic stuff excluding the boss mobs without a companion so it doesn't matter if i have the ship bot or worthless corso.
Youtube link plz. For soloing some pack of 2 norm+2* (or even 3norm +1*, same\+1-2 level, non heroics and non-boss, yes), being not a healer and not a tank, and without any companions. I just'd love to see it.

Or it never happened, good trolling Sir.

va_wanderer
03.19.2012 , 12:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by teambff View Post
jokingly, i'm saying i dislike corso and think he's such a horrible companion, so much so that i benched him for that worthless ship bot. hah.
And the sad thing is that a well-geared C2 isn't actually a bad healer at all. He's just useless for anything else, since he can't shoot AND heal both.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

LordXalas
03.19.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
the bot was a better tank for me when he was geared then corso ever was. Since he aggro while healing and he healed himself while mobs foolishly attacking him while no dents are being made.

Then again i'm a gunslinger and croso was always useless to me
DDE

teambff
03.19.2012 , 02:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NRieh View Post
Youtube link plz. For soloing some pack of 2 norm+2* (or even 3norm +1*, same\+1-2 level, non heroics and non-boss, yes), being not a healer and not a tank, and without any companions. I just'd love to see it.

Or it never happened, good trolling Sir.
you must be joking? you really think that's hard?

i have 2 ccs (1 for droid and 1 for non droid), 3 interrupts, 2 of them stuns as scrapper.

(also i never stated that i was below the enemy level or the same level, i think i was 1-2 levels above the enemies)

the average encounter you will face on nar'shadaa, for example... would be 1 strong enemy and 2 normal enemies.

i will tranquilize the strong enemy from stealth, shotgun blast 1 of the others as an opening, pistol whip him and punch him and he's dead in a few seconds, then pistil whip the other and use pugnacity which is skilled and heals me for 90 or so a tick and restores energy... then easily take out the strong mob 1v1. mostly using pistol whip/punches and a quick shot (first hitting him with vital shot).

if it's 2 strongs / 2 normals, i'll tranquilize 1 strong and then quickly dispatch 1 of the normal mobs - then i'll use the sonic bomb to freeze the other strong mob while i kill the last normal enemy and then it's a 1v1 on the strong enemy in which i should be able to easily kill before the other one wakes up and then i fight him 1v1.

it's not difficult at all as a scrapper if you're geared pretty well and have pugnacity skilled for the heal, use a medpack, and use all your tactical utilities. (use distract/dirty kick/sonic bomb to interrupt any vital casting like a heal, etc).

the only time i have trouble is anything that causes me to have a very long fight because of energy management, i don't think the scrapper has the greatest energy management for long fights (at least in the 20s and even with cool head). so i do have some trouble with a few of the elite mobs.. but i have solo'd a couple of the elite mobs without a companion fairly easily.

just because you don't believe it doesn't make it so, i don't care enough to download fraps and record it and put it on youtube, it's not even a big deal really.. i'm sure other people have done it before as well.
JOSS WHEDON is god!

teambff
03.19.2012 , 02:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordXalas View Post
the bot was a better tank for me when he was geared then corso ever was. Since he aggro while healing and he healed himself while mobs foolishly attacking him while no dents are being made.

Then again i'm a gunslinger and croso was always useless to me
you are correct, suprisingly he can take a pretty good amount of damage. i was kinda shocked. haha. i geared him up with cybertech parts (from another char.) and he wasn't that bad (well, not as bad as i expected). but he basically does no damage and his heals are fairly standard. but with pugnacity skilled, it's heal plus his heals made for a pretty easy ride with no downtime.

he's still pretty worthless but i did get a good laugh out of the whole thing, cocky corso riggs sitting on the ship while the ship bot is out fighting with me and doing pretty good for himself.
JOSS WHEDON is god!

silvershadows
03.19.2012 , 03:16 PM | #9
/gigglesnort

People never know what good stuff they just arbitrarily throw away.

Loss of free interrupt + good damage + good tanking + good looks.

Alas for them, I will take my pixel husband and go now.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

teambff
03.19.2012 , 03:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
/gigglesnort

People never know what good stuff they just arbitrarily throw away.

Loss of free interrupt + good damage + good tanking + good looks.

Alas for them, I will take my pixel husband and go now.
lawl @ cocky corso fangirls.

i'm not denying he "can" be useful, all of the companions across all the classes have some use... the reason i dislike him so much is his personality and cocky attitude.

he preaches to me about my choices, always disagreeing with me even telling me not to do stuff again, he stands up at the command center of the ship where i don't want him... his voice irritates me to no end... he is just one of the most annoying companions i could ever ask for.... but i had to laugh because the fatman siidu got one over on me even after death by sticking me with him. and i wanted siidu as a companion and was salty that i didn't get him but instead got corso.

he doesn't fit in with the smuggler style at all, doesn't have any good comments, doesn't provide anything in terms of conversation. at least the wookie grunts or whatever noise he makes which is far more interesting than anything corso ever said.

you girls are have such weird taste in guys, i swear.
JOSS WHEDON is god!