Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.19.2012 , 11:27 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Read Fatal Alliance, seriously, read Fatal Alliance.

Not to mention other abilities she has, such as Shatterpoint.

Also, Nyriss' lightning turned her into ash, not Revan, we've had this argument before, and many other people agreed, she killed herself.
In all seriousness why would Nyriss kill herself with lightning? What sense does that make ? She knew Revan could deflect lightning with his hands and said "You know I am very sleepy , I have a good run in life .........time to go night night !" lol Really?

Revan walked into the fight as Nyriss was beating the life out of Meetra and Scourage at the same time , and with 1 move killed her .........I just don't see how you see multiple endings lol .

I mean Rayla_Felana I have nothing against you and really like to read alot of your post but when you start bashing Revan for what and god knows , I just do not see the hate anyone could have with a character in video games and books . I mean KotoR was a great game , it got more awards than KotoR II got ("which was also a decent game") . Revan is a character who did things that are in stone, you cannot change them but move on .

I accept you love for all things Meetra and Mara Jade , I do not spend all day everyday Bashing their characters . Just saying
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

westraz's Avatar


westraz
03.19.2012 , 01:03 PM | #12
NJO Luke and Verg (names ha) talk about how if Jedi (or any force sentives) who or both strong in power, have baby's there kids become more powerful then they or, and if they keep doing that even for s few generations, they become like Gods, it maybe why the Old Republic Jedi did not let Jedi wed, and all so why they take force baby form none force sentive parents
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.19.2012 , 01:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
In all seriousness why would Nyriss kill herself with lightning? What sense does that make ? She knew Revan could deflect lightning with his hands and said "You know I am very sleepy , I have a good run in life .........time to go night night !" lol Really?

Revan walked into the fight as Nyriss was beating the life out of Meetra and Scourage at the same time , and with 1 move killed her .........I just don't see how you see multiple endings lol .

I mean Rayla_Felana I have nothing against you and really like to read alot of your post but when you start bashing Revan for what and god knows , I just do not see the hate anyone could have with a character in video games and books . I mean KotoR was a great game , it got more awards than KotoR II got ("which was also a decent game") . Revan is a character who did things that are in stone, you cannot change them but move on .

I accept you love for all things Meetra and Mara Jade , I do not spend all day everyday Bashing their characters . Just saying
1.Her own lightning killed her, by having it sent back at her, it killed her and turned her into ash.

2.I am not hating Revan, I am proving a statement wrong.

3.Since when did I have a love for Mara Jade or Surik?

Mara Jade, I laughed at when she got ran down by her own husband's Nephew.

Surik I simply see as the ideal Jedi, the best example of one, someone who is very underrated due to her relation with the second KotOR game and being in Revan's timeline.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.19.2012 , 02:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
1.Her own lightning killed her, by having it sent back at her, it killed her and turned her into ash.
DEFLECTED by Revan, and yes it turned her to ash
2.I am not hating Revan, I am proving a statement wrong.
Every thread than Revan is remotely named , you go into your Derail Revan replies
3.Since when did I have a love for Mara Jade or Surik?
Well in the "Revan Threads" you always bring up Surik as a Holy Grail and have to mention KotoR II as being better than one. I am just going to point out 1 was awarded "Game of the Year"

Mara Jade, I laughed at when she got ran down by her own husband's Nephew.
Maybe I have you mistaken for another Rayla-Felana that is in the Mara Jade Thread saying KT was a horrible human being and Author for killing Mara Jade, if so I apologise!


Surik I simply see as the ideal Jedi, the best example of one, someone who is very underrated due to her relation with the second KotOR game and being in Revan's timeline.
You see that but I don't , she is not number 1 in the KotoR universe but who cares, really who cares if Revan is or isn't either .You have a personal Opinion about Surik but she did follow Revan and Malek into War and disobey the Jedi Order in doing so. No one forced her , she was asked . I am sure she did it because of her long standing friendship with Revan but thats what I get from her story.
Long Live Nilihus !
Just saying

I think the KotoR stories 1 and 2 are so heated on these forums because alot of us not only read about their lores but had fun living their tails in the games . I feel the ability to grow them in the games brought us close to them in ways books and movies have a hard time doing .
I enjoyed both games, I just do not like Obsidian and there for was not happy how KotoR2 looked graphicly but I enjoyed the story just as much as KotoR 1 without a doubt .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Seisaan's Avatar


Seisaan
03.19.2012 , 02:16 PM | #15
In an attempt to get this back on topic....yes, it would seem as the generations go on, the stronger force users become.

On that note; however, if Kreia is to be believed, then the SWToR era of force users are actually a stagnation since she says that, compared to ancient Sith Lords, force users of that era were like children by comparison.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.19.2012 , 02:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Just saying

I think the KotoR stories 1 and 2 are so heated on these forums because alot of us not only read about their lores but had fun living their tails in the games . I feel the ability to grow them in the games brought us close to them in ways books and movies have a hard time doing .
I enjoyed both games, I just do not like Obsidian and there for was not happy how KotoR2 looked graphicly but I enjoyed the story just as much as KotoR 1 without a doubt .
That is my point, he deflected her own lightning back at her, WHAT exactly is it you are arguing again?

I do not derail threads at all, for example if you looked back earlier in this thread, you would notice that I was replying to a statement claiming Revan was superior in power to both Satele Shan and Luke Skywalker, this simply isn't true.

I never once made such a statement, if you can find one please go ahead and bring it up, because I know I did not, my statement was actually that Karen Traviss clearly knew nothing about the Star Wars universe, wanting to use Alderaan as a place for Jacen to visit, even though it was blown up before his conception and ignoring the fact that Jaina Solo was an expert pilot, because apparently she can't ride a bike in Legacy of the Force.

And FYI KotOR II: TSL uses exactly the same graphics and engine as KotOR, understandable given the timeframe they got to make the game in, if you want to see KotOR II the way it was meant to be, before LucasArts rushed it out for release, play with the latest Restored Content mods.

Anyway that is my final word in this argument, for it isn't the topic.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.19.2012 , 02:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
That is my point, he deflected her own lightning back at her, WHAT exactly is it you are arguing again?

I do not derail threads at all, for example if you looked back earlier in this thread, you would notice that I was replying to a statement claiming Revan was superior in power to both Satele Shan and Luke Skywalker, this simply isn't true.

I never once made such a statement, if you can find one please go ahead and bring it up, because I know I did not, my statement was actually that Karen Traviss clearly knew nothing about the Star Wars universe, wanting to use Alderaan as a place for Jacen to visit, even though it was blown up before his conception and ignoring the fact that Jaina Solo was an expert pilot, because apparently she can't ride a bike in Legacy of the Force.

And FYI KotOR II: TSL uses exactly the same graphics and engine as KotOR, understandable given the timeframe they got to make the game in, if you want to see KotOR II the way it was meant to be, before LucasArts rushed it out for release, play with the latest Restored Content mods.

Anyway that is my final word in this argument, for it isn't the topic.
LOL no point in argueing with you if you cannot own up to what you said.

You said Nyriss killed herself , she did not . Revan killed her by Deflecting her own lightning back at her. Something he resisted while doing it and did nothing to him . Didn't even phase him at that ! So yea . I am not gonna bother with a forum war with you because you never ever own up to anything you say !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.19.2012 , 02:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Seisaan View Post
In an attempt to get this back on topic....yes, it would seem as the generations go on, the stronger force users become.

On that note; however, if Kreia is to be believed, then the SWToR era of force users are actually a stagnation since she says that, compared to ancient Sith Lords, force users of that era were like children by comparison.
Canon shows that over the entire picture, the average Jedi or Sith does become more powerful, if ever so slightly compared to the last generation, but for example, the Ancient Sith Lords(Golden Age) would easily take care of many Sith after their own reign, Exar Kun being one of the few exceptions.

Where as, if we get further along, to say Rule of Two/Banite Sith, the Sith have clearly grown more powerful than their predecessors, Darth Bane and Darth Zannah would kill pretty much any Sith (And probably Jedi to) from before their own time, and as we know, that Order of Sith got more and more powerful with every new Master.

Then of course we get to Sidious, the only Sith after him that come close are NJO Exar Kun and Darth Caedus, so it seems to get to Darth Sidious, and just stops dead, although I imagine, given time, Caedus may have surpassed all previous Sith, his reign as Dark Lord was short-lived.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.19.2012 , 02:40 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
LOL no point in argueing with you if you cannot own up to what you said.

You said Nyriss killed herself , she did not . Revan killed her by Deflecting her own lightning back at her. Something he resisted while doing it and did nothing to him . Didn't even phase him at that ! So yea . I am not gonna bother with a forum war with you because you never ever own up to anything you say !
Really? are you that dense? by 'killing herself' I mean, her own power killed her, you take things WAY to literally, this is the fifth time you have done this, and then once again, you practically insulted me by claiming I never own up to things I state.

Just don't reply to my comments any more, I am tired of you.

Phorxx's Avatar


Phorxx
03.19.2012 , 03:15 PM | #20
Are the descendants more powerful or "Gifted" by the Force? I don't think they are.

I would contend that the major difference is in the training they recieved from those "ancestors" who had immense Force potential and experience. Granted Luke had the pain of being mostly self-taught but his descendants didn't they had his knowledge and the knowledge of the various Force users and Force Ghosts and holocrons etc. that Luke had access to over his years.

So yeah they are all gifted by being from an amazingly Force powerful bloodline, but they had the schooling to back it up. Thus making them much more than they would have been without that same experience to guide them.

Image what Luke would have become with that sort of knoweldge at his disposal, or evn Anakin if he hadn't been so cocky during his training and then turning to the Dark Side and having to learn a whole new way of using the Force.