Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

BrandonSM
03.18.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1
Just a question.

Because it seems true.

Sateele more powerful than Revan.

Luke seemingly like he could be more powerful than Anakin if Anakin if Ani reached his full potential.

Jaina and Caedus seemed allot stronger in the Force than Luke.

Etc...

What do you guys think?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Wolfninjajedi
03.18.2012 , 04:57 PM | #2
I would hope so, would be really sad if they didn't.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aximand
03.18.2012 , 05:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Just a question.

Because it seems true.

Sateele more powerful than Revan.

Luke seemingly like he could be more powerful than Anakin if Anakin if Ani reached his full potential.

Jaina and Caedus seemed allot stronger in the Force than Luke.

Etc...

What do you guys think?
Doesn't everyone from the Skywalker line inherit Anakin's potential with the Force?
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

BrandonSM
03.18.2012 , 05:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Doesn't everyone from the Skywalker line inherit Anakin's potential with the Force?
What I'm saying is they inherent his potential and possibly have more potential. Having more potential than their last.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aximand
03.18.2012 , 06:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
What I'm saying is they inherent his potential and possibly have more potential. Having more potential than their last.
No I get what you're saying. But its Canon that Anakin and Luke had the highest potential of any Force user in the history of the Galaxy, so that won't change. I think that Luke's descendants could match his potential but never exceed it.

JediMasterRyanW
03.18.2012 , 08:12 PM | #6
Wait, Satele is more powerful than Revan? When did this happen?

And Force-potential inheritance seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. I mean, Satele had a son that wasn't Force-sensitive at all, and many Force-sensitive people are born from people with virtually no Force sensitivity.

Rayla_Felana
03.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterRyanW View Post
When her canon abilities surpassed Revan's.

Aximand
03.18.2012 , 08:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterRyanW View Post
I know this is going to open up a whole can of worms, but Revan's abilities that are Canon aren't that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Satele is way more powerful than him.

mefit
03.19.2012 , 07:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
I know this is going to open up a whole can of worms, but Revan's abilities that are Canon aren't that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Satele is way more powerful than him.
In the EU Satele hasn't done much yet and being able to deflect a lightsaber with her hands is cool and all but did not win the fight.
Until she turns a powerful SIth lord into ash , I am gonna say Revan's canon lore and stories are still better .
This is not me saying Satele is not more powerful , its just saying she has not done much to show otherwise and why alot of people question her alot outside of TOR forums.

Shes the Jedi Grandmaster so we all think she is something wonderful as that is not a position just handed to anyone . I hope to see more stories about her and her son .

As for Anakin's decendants being more powerful than him, I think not but they are still more powerful than anyone else .
I think being taught what the last Generation learned and passing it down so the new Generations can learn newer skills and not focus on the old , makes them more powerful .
But if Anakin was to be reborn and have a chance to live his life from Ep3 Age on , I think he would surpass Luke and any Solo kid .

Anakin was born on pure force , while all else in his line have been watered down . Eventaully they will be as normal as any other jedi .
To behonest , not everyone is ment to be great .

Mara Jade was wife to the most powerful Jedi ever to live but she herself was not able to do what Luke could do , and a solo kid killed her for being weaker !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Rayla_Felana
03.19.2012 , 07:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
In the EU Satele hasn't done much yet and being able to deflect a lightsaber with her hands is cool and all but did not win the fight.
Until she turns a powerful SIth lord into ash , I am gonna say Revan's canon lore and stories are still better .
This is not me saying Satele is not more powerful , its just saying she has not done much to show otherwise and why alot of people question her alot outside of TOR forums.

Shes the Jedi Grandmaster so we all think she is something wonderful as that is not a position just handed to anyone . I hope to see more stories about her and her son .
Read Fatal Alliance, seriously, read Fatal Alliance.

Not to mention other abilities she has, such as Shatterpoint.

Also, Nyriss' lightning turned her into ash, not Revan, we've had this argument before, and many other people agreed, she killed herself.