Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bustajibb
12.19.2011 , 10:03 PM | #61
Ive had a little issue myself with the security key in my CE. I got my CE box on Friday the 16th of Dec. Amazon has always treated me well. Anyway, I also downloaded the iPhone security key app. When I registered my product code I used the iPhone app to setup my security key; dont ask me why, I just grab the closet device with the security key. Well now if I try to use the physical security key that came with the CE it will not work, only the iPhone app.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Is it a bad device or something totally different?

Darvus
12.21.2011 , 03:20 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Bustajibb View Post
Ive had a little issue myself with the security key in my CE. I got my CE box on Friday the 16th of Dec. Amazon has always treated me well. Anyway, I also downloaded the iPhone security key app. When I registered my product code I used the iPhone app to setup my security key; dont ask me why, I just grab the closet device with the security key. Well now if I try to use the physical security key that came with the CE it will not work, only the iPhone app.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Is it a bad device or something totally different?

The way I understand it is that your account can only have 1 authenticator tied to it, at a time. Because you opted for the iPhone, first that is the one tied to your account. The other one is likely ok, just not the correct one for your account, now.
"The weak deserve their fate..."

Darvus Sinister
Minions of Darkness

Ardat-Yakshi
12.30.2011 , 07:05 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
Mine arrived undamaged as well...just call customer support they will gladly send you a new one.
Haha no they won't. I just got off the phone with Customer Support and they told me to take it back to GameStop. And since I work there, I know for a fact that there's not a damn thing we can do.

So I just said eff it and bought one through Origin. Granted it was only $6.86, I'm still not happy. It's the principle behind it.

I know many people are all anti-World of Warcraft around here and say what you will about it, but at least Blizzard knows how to properly handle an issue when it arises that leaves the customer feeling satisfied.
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all." - Isaac Asimov

daemian
12.30.2011 , 07:16 PM | #64
When my CE arrived from Amazon, it looked like they had been playing football with it. They used an international courier, who then used a local national courier, who used a local city courier.

The national courier lied about trying to deliver it, everyone was home all night but they said the 'office was closed' when they got there.

When it finally arrived the next day, I opened the outer box to find the CE box inside with the nice graphics had been ripped open and everything had been searched through. The cardboard of the packaging was torn right across the middle, and the sticker seals were ripped off, leaving white tear marks on the black finish of the box.

So much for saving the nice 'collector's' packaging. The first thing I did was check the statue, the registration code and the authenticator. Fortunately, everything worked and the statue wasn't damaged, although someone had obviously attached it to the base and then removed it again, scuffing the protective plastic covering. The plastic was left on so there were no marks on it. But I have a major complaint with how the delivery was handled.

It does make me wonder if the security of the authenticator could have been compromised... after all, they also have my name and address.

I've ordered from Amazon a fair bit, I've had one item in the past arrive damaged, and they addressed it immediately... but nothing like this.