Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Torgman
12.18.2011 , 02:05 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Flios View Post
I have an issue with my authenticator from CE well i dont know if it is broken but it displays different codes every time i press it? Could somebody verify that?
I see what you did there
--
Torgpwnage

Freyar
12.18.2011 , 03:24 AM | #52
I didn't know hardware can bleed. Where's a droid? -- oh wait..

British
12.18.2011 , 09:09 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Brex View Post
Mr. Bass,

I have read several others peoples post that have similar issues and they are being told to contact the retailer, but what can the retailer do? This seems to be an issue with how fast the boxes had to be shipped and in-turn makes it a manufacturing problem. Specially with this being the Collector's Edition, are they going to have extra codes laying around?
To be fair there seems to be a lot more CE's than pre-orders. I assume EA saw the prices on ebay and amazon and decided to produce a lot more, probably where the defective statue bases and slapdash packaging has come in.

Mortae
12.18.2011 , 10:26 AM | #54
I also ordered my CE from Amazon. The shipping box and outer packaging were completely intact and mark-free. The issue I had was with the metal case holding the actual game discs. The plastic pieces that held the discs were shattered and the flip-page for discs 1 & 2 fell out. The discs themselves were fine. I contacted Amazon and they couldn't replace it with another CE. I contacted SWTOR's customer service and they told me to take it up with Amazon. I don't want the entire CE replaced, just an empty metal case to hold the discs.
Mortae
XENofONSLAUGHT

Belmthemus
12.18.2011 , 10:34 AM | #55
My statue base is damaged but I'm waiting on Game contacting me RE this as it's their problem to resolve it. As for the authenticator

I think BW should open up the option to have 2 authenticators usable on each account - why ? Because then if one breaks you could use a spare or the smartphone app. In the case of the OP she and her BF could use each others that way they both have the others as a spare !

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.18.2011 , 10:36 AM | #56
One of those people who plan on throwing out the statue should have gotten that CE. Considering they don't even care about the contents anyway. Us fans who care about the physical items should have the luck of getting the good CE's.
Master Jedi
"Q: Which side of an Ewok has the most fur? A: The outside!" - Jacen Solo

Troezar
12.18.2011 , 10:40 AM | #57
I'm surprised you can buy the authenticators for $4, they're selling them to UK residents for 8.99. Just about $14!!! Talk about rip off Britain

Volkira
12.18.2011 , 10:41 AM | #58
Yah my CE box had torn compartments as if someone just rammed the items in them so quickly and hard that the cardboard storing the items was all torn.

Not very good for such an expensive item.
PRE NGE GAMEPLAY

Tako
12.18.2011 , 10:55 AM | #59
For the money being spent on the CE I expected better quality goods.

Seems some items were damaged at source - ie at Bioware / EA.
<--- PEOPLE'S IMPERIAL MOVEMENT PARTY EU --->
Social Guild for Casual Players
[Proud owner of CE Edition ]

Goonbandito
12.18.2011 , 05:07 PM | #60
news just in - consumer grade electronics are unreliable....
Quote: Originally Posted by acklay-master
a bowel cut is where you stick a bowel on your head, and cut all the hair below the edge of the bowel
ಠ_ಠ