Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fizyx
12.16.2011 , 06:21 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Trikeeper View Post
Thanks to the OP about the story. Sorry about the item being broken, I'm sure bioware will take care of it. But the post literally had me laughing. So thank you.
Thank you! Humor is useless if it's not appreciated by someone

Ancen
12.16.2011 , 06:34 PM | #42
My CE came in with pristine packaging from amazon on the outside shipping box, but damaged on a full corner edge on the top and cut a little on the top of the lid ... have an email in to EA's support hoping for the best. I haven't opened it yet just in case... hopefully it's not missing a key or has anything broken other than the box!

EDIT: Called Amazon and was allowed to open it to check contents without risking going non-refundable... they originally offered to cross-ship without any hassle but then found they were fully out of stock. I accepted a small credit and kept it... I'm happy enough. The outer plastic shell was pretty busted up though, cracked hugely, but that looked more like shipping protection than actual game-box display stuff.

Sharkey-Fett
12.16.2011 , 07:30 PM | #43
So this will be the first time I'll be using an authenticator, what happens when it breaks? Can you still log in and play without it?

Revanzk
12.16.2011 , 07:50 PM | #44
mine was missing the art book

JoeeyyMagzz
12.16.2011 , 10:32 PM | #45
This is so epic. Another reason why I'm happy I ordered from Gamestop. Received my CE today and everything was perfect.

Go Gamestop!

Edit -

Already read posts from many Amazon customers who received CE boxes with no games, missing art books, broken statues, etc. Amazon blows. Glad you all realize it now.

Flios
12.17.2011 , 08:01 AM | #46
I have an issue with my authenticator from CE well i dont know if it is broken but it displays different codes every time i press it? Could somebody verify that?

Solowan
12.17.2011 , 08:13 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Flios View Post
I have an issue with my authenticator from CE well i dont know if it is broken but it displays different codes every time i press it? Could somebody verify that?
That's how an authenticator works...

I hope im being trolled.
C.E Preorder-er.

Sith Bounty Hunter, The very best there is.
(Looking for Role Players to level with on release)

Jack_The_Jackal
12.17.2011 , 09:09 AM | #48
you aint the only one whit an issue of the CE edtion my figuer is littarly missing an leg it is broken and just lying in the fome box it comes in i have contatede the shop and EA who is the distubter of this game and so far i am wating hoping thay can finde me a new figuer as i was kind of looking forward to have the sith lord amonge my other figuers o well hears hoping eveyting works out

Jack

PS
i aturaly got mine at the local gamestop and yes thay are wroking on getting me a new figuer as well
Sorry for spelling errors i am dyslica

Apax
12.17.2011 , 09:33 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanzk View Post
mine was missing the art book
There is no art book in the collector's edition. Bioware is selling that item separately.

My CE was damaged as well. The inside of the box lid and the cardboard where all the books and other items were inserted was torn and the plastic pivots holding the plastic DVD sleeves on to the metal DVD case were broken. Between the pristine condition I keep my belongings in and the $150 price tag, I was very frustrated to see that. Can I realistically expect Bioware to send me a new metal DVD case and/or CE box if I take the time to report this? I have a difficult time believing that.

Warranfrost
12.17.2011 , 09:41 AM | #50
The box my CE came in was heavily damaged. To the point of the images having scratches and even part of the image missing. I was very disappointed in this since I love the images on the box and had planned on keeping it. After reading this thread I opened my figure and found that it is all together but has scratches on it, the eyes are not fully colored, and the stand for it is scratched and damaged. I could not believe that after paying $150 for the game I would get a damaged container and a figure that is scratched up and missing some color on the eyes