Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kindara
12.16.2011 , 02:33 PM | #31
Just curious if you called Bioware Customer Support and what their response was? I mean it sounds like a non issue unless they're refusing to replace the item its not like its "unique" like the statue. If the statue was broken on arrival I'd be hacked off....just seems you could of been calling support instead of typing this massive post to be all upset over.

Marrond
12.16.2011 , 02:40 PM | #32
I'm lucker then - my CE came completely untouched in briliant state. Although authenticator is scratched

Fizyx
12.16.2011 , 02:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
Just curious if you called Bioware Customer Support and what their response was? I mean it sounds like a non issue unless they're refusing to replace the item its not like its "unique" like the statue. If the statue was broken on arrival I'd be hacked off....just seems you could of been calling support instead of typing this massive post to be all upset over.
Oh yes, I've contacted Customer Support (although I haven't heard back from them yet). However, I was 1. Wondering if anyone else had problems with the CE (and it appears that I'm not the only one... there is another thread about peoples statues being busted up), and 2. Felt like it would be a fun story. I'm not THAT angry about it, especially after some of the very informative posts in this thread about the fragility of the item, and I saw an opportunity to make an amusing post on the topic. Besides... it's not like I really had anything else to do, and I needed a break from playing anyways :P

DavidBass
12.16.2011 , 02:46 PM | #34 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your authenticator! Definitely reach out to our Customer Service team, and they should be able to help you out.

Fizyx
12.16.2011 , 02:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your authenticator! Definitely reach out to our Customer Service team, and they should be able to help you out.
Thank you very much for the reply, it is very appreciated!

DWarrior
12.16.2011 , 02:56 PM | #36
Sorry that you got a broken authenticator op. Mine came scratched but still works. Hope you get it worked out
1020 367
Zabrak Marauder ---

tentimes
12.16.2011 , 02:57 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizyx View Post
It's sad that my post has so offended you... have you ever considered the fact that perhaps people make judgements on companies based off the quality of what they purchase... and that after an expensive purchase like this one, there shouldn't be a case where you have to 'Just get them to replace' anything in the first place? After reading some of the responses in this thread, I'm no longer convinced that there was a failure of quality control... but it's still highly disappointing to open the box and immediately see something broken.
You didn't offend me at all. Just build a bridge and get over it - there are people starving in India and stuff, it's not the end of the world. Just get Bioware to replace the wee tooter and play on, problem solved.

Brex
12.16.2011 , 03:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
Mr. Bass,

What about people that are getting their CE's that does not have a Product Registration Code. I got my CE today and it has the PRC sheet in it but the code is not printed on the page.

I have been on the phone and did talk to some one and have open a ticket via the support center online. The call center has asked me to provide a JPEG image of my PRC sheet and I have sent that on. Hopefully to be resolved.

I have read several others peoples post that have similar issues and they are being told to contact the retailer, but what can the retailer do? This seems to be an issue with how fast the boxes had to be shipped and in-turn makes it a manufacturing problem. Specially with this being the Collector's Edition, are they going to have extra codes laying around?

split_light
12.16.2011 , 03:33 PM | #39
The sad reality is, when a mass of technology is sent out, there's going to be the occasional lemon. I receive computers for a major school district, and I'd say 1 in 100 of the Laptops we get in have something wrong with them. It sucks, but you send it back and get a new one.

Trikeeper
12.16.2011 , 04:47 PM | #40
Thanks to the OP about the story. Sorry about the item being broken, I'm sure bioware will take care of it. But the post literally had me laughing. So thank you.
Zuckuss: How do you plan on putting down this rebellion everyone's talking about?
Palpatine: By shooting it with lightning That's how I solve all my problems And then afterwards I shall eat pudding.