Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will your guild bring combat medics to operations post 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Will your guild bring combat medics to operations post 1.2

Dragonbgone
03.19.2012 , 01:21 PM | #21
Can't agree more about everything being said about that guild leader of yours. Telling you to reroll is not an option for a good leader. You should find yourself a better guild or learn to dps.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Nessirin
03.19.2012 , 02:15 PM | #22
We have the best merc healer on the server in our guild. There's no way she is not going to get a main healer spot. She'll adapt and overcome, just like other good healers.
Darth Mado vas Nightfall 50 marauder Ven Zallow

Mavery
03.19.2012 , 02:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
It really depends on the intent of the guild. If they are a hardcore progression guild, then yes - it is possible the guy might get told to reroll if the nerfs are that bad.

For all others, it is over-the-top; however, I really suspect the guy was just told that while joking and the GM probably wasn't serious or the poster was just making the whole think up for hyperbole. You know, Internet anonymity and all that.
This is not WoW. You do not need class mini-maxing to complete the encounters on NiM.

Raeln
03.19.2012 , 02:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
This is not WoW. You do not need class mini-maxing to complete the encounters on NiM.
I didn't say that.

I said it depends on the intent of the guild. If you willingly join a guild that intends of making world firsts, then I suspect you would be willing to obey the guildmaster. It isn't just about TOR or the current difficulty level.

Dast
03.19.2012 , 02:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
It really depends on the intent of the guild. If they are a hardcore progression guild, then yes - it is possible the guy might get told to reroll if the nerfs are that bad.

For all others, it is over-the-top; however, I really suspect the guy was just told that while joking and the GM probably wasn't serious or the poster was just making the whole think up for hyperbole. You know, Internet anonymity and all that.
Yall are theorycrafting the conversation, and making assumptions. For the full context of what actually happened, you had to be there..

But i'll go into more detail. It went something like this.

GL: Everyone go see the new awesome 1.2 patch notes, I'm so happy!
Me: **** the lame*** patch notes, yall are dreaming if you think thats gonna happen in march.
Me: Go see Havoc Squad burn in flames in 1.2!
GL: Dude calm down its not that bad
Me: @!$#@@^$%$@!@%
GL: Why dont you play a different character?

Why would I gimp my guilds progression even asking for an ops spot? I wouldnt.
Welcome to the April Fools Patch 1.2.
RIP Combat Medic.
4/11/2012

ScarletBlaze
03.19.2012 , 02:36 PM | #26
Since I'm the guild leader I can honestly say I could care less what the suppose "flavor of the month" will be.

Everyone in my guild when we do flashpoints or operations will be doing them regardless of their class.

No one will be left out. Simple as that and if I need to step out of a group to let someone else no matter who I will.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Raeln
03.19.2012 , 02:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dast View Post
Yall are theorycrafting the conversation, and making assumptions. For the full context of what actually happened, you had to be there..

But i'll go into more detail. It went something like this.

GL: Everyone go see the new awesome 1.2 patch notes, I'm so happy!
Me: **** the lame*** patch notes, yall are dreaming if you think thats gonna happen in march.
Me: Go see Havoc Squad burn in flames in 1.2!
GL: Dude calm down its not that bad
Me: @!$#@@^$%$@!@%
GL: Why dont you play a different character?
As I said - you overstated it for hyperbole. Your guildleader was probably tired of you QQ'ing about it.

schwiz
03.19.2012 , 02:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post
if thats the case i feel sorry you being in a flavour of the month guild. in my guild the players are competent we bring what we want.
I'm not sure how not have enough people to run a 16-man makes anyone a 'flavour of the month guild' if you have 11 people online and 4 of them are healers and two of those healers need to sit out the choice is obvious if two of them are combat medics. For me, I have a commando and scoundrel both at 50 and my plan was commando medic scoundrel dps. But after seeing the patch notes it seems like BW wants commandos to do dps and scoundrels to do healing.

Fhoras
03.19.2012 , 02:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dast View Post
No they wont bring me to hm ops any longer. It doesnt matter that I have been in there since day 1 ops.
When your 7% to beat soa, you start looking for the weak link. Unfortunately that will be me, the combat medic.
Forgot to mention, my guildleader has already told me to reroll

Havoc Squad RIP
bring the player not the class. tell your leader that he has no clue just bec. he reads forums
Exar Kun - EU - set sail for fail
Neyscha - Juggernaut PvP
Wycosh - Heal Operative PvE

Fhoras
03.19.2012 , 02:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Daluu View Post
Dude, your attitude in every thread I've seen you in is just awful.

WE GET IT, you don't like the doomsayers. Stop acting like an a** in every single thread. It gets old quick.

as long as noone listens he has to be an a** i guess

count me in
Exar Kun - EU - set sail for fail
Neyscha - Juggernaut PvP
Wycosh - Heal Operative PvE