Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will your guild bring combat medics to operations post 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Will your guild bring combat medics to operations post 1.2

schwiz
03.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #1
That is assuming they don't just all unsub, would you still consider bringing a commando/merc healer to a hardmode/nightmare operation? Discuss.

Thekze
03.18.2012 , 12:38 PM | #2
We're a tight 8-man group, why wouldn't we bring the same guy who's been playing with us since early access??

Wait for 1.2 and see the impact in operations before ranting.

Mavery
03.18.2012 , 12:53 PM | #3
Yes.

Early reports from copied characters who are actually TESTING the changes, as opposed to people reading patch notes, are that the changes are not as bad as people think it is. Resource management is harder, they suggest, but good players are still good players.

Dast
03.18.2012 , 01:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by schwiz View Post
That is assuming they don't just all unsub, would you still consider bringing a commando/merc healer to a hardmode/nightmare operation? Discuss.
No they wont bring me to hm ops any longer. It doesnt matter that I have been in there since day 1 ops.
When your 7% to beat soa, you start looking for the weak link. Unfortunately that will be me, the combat medic.
Forgot to mention, my guildleader has already told me to reroll

Havoc Squad RIP
Welcome to the April Fools Patch 1.2.
RIP Combat Medic.
4/11/2012

schwiz
03.18.2012 , 04:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thekze View Post
We're a tight 8-man group, why wouldn't we bring the same guy who's been playing with us since early access??

Wait for 1.2 and see the impact in operations before ranting.
Some guilds have more than just 8 players and are forced to pick who sits out.

SageH
03.19.2012 , 12:06 AM | #6
My guilds going to wait to see how they changes actually play out instead of make sweeping assumptions and rage quit like a 10 year old.
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

gramz
03.19.2012 , 12:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Yes.

Early reports from copied characters who are actually TESTING the changes, as opposed to people reading patch notes, are that the changes are not as bad as people think it is. Resource management is harder, they suggest, but good players are still good players.
this.

We had 2 merc healers, 1 op healer, and 1 sorc healer for the new world boss tonight.

The mercs played around, picked up the new heat management rotation, and were able to effectively heal us through it. While their throughput was probably lower (yeah we have logs, but nothing to compare it to) we wont be sitting mercs anytime soon. Unless they buff ops more, then we'll just bring a ton of ops.

schwiz
03.19.2012 , 02:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gramz View Post
this.

We had 2 merc healers, 1 op healer, and 1 sorc healer for the new world boss tonight.

The mercs played around, picked up the new heat management rotation, and were able to effectively heal us through it. While their throughput was probably lower (yeah we have logs, but nothing to compare it to) we wont be sitting mercs anytime soon. Unless they buff ops more, then we'll just bring a ton of ops.
Lets say you were short a few people and had to run an 8-man op and you had to sit two of those four healers out?

Carbonated
03.19.2012 , 03:22 AM | #9
Lets say you were short a few people and had to run an 8-man op and you had to sit two of those four healers out?
if thats the case i feel sorry you being in a flavour of the month guild. in my guild the players are competent we bring what we want.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Daluu
03.19.2012 , 03:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SageH View Post
My guilds going to wait to see how they changes actually play out instead of make sweeping assumptions and rage quit like a 10 year old.
Dude, your attitude in every thread I've seen you in is just awful.

WE GET IT, you don't like the doomsayers. Stop acting like an a** in every single thread. It gets old quick.