Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2: Which class got "hosed" worse?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
1.2: Which class got "hosed" worse?

Game-Hermit
03.20.2012 , 02:27 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by FearlessXIII View Post
Well, acording to the comments in this board, whatever class you prefer playing got "nerfed" (where does this word come from anyway?) the worst.
Nerf products are soft foam versions of dangerous objects like bats, swords, guns and such. Hence to nerf something is to make it less dangerous.

CanisAquilus
03.20.2012 , 04:35 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruorpunctis View Post
Currently they are the best 1v1 class by far, however, that doesn't mean that they are currently the best class for objective based warzones >.>
I agree their ability to kill BM geared players 1v1 with the other player having almost no ability to fight back was a bit OP, but they should not just be blindly nerfed either with no buffs or added utility to compensate.
This isn't true.

Operatives are good 1v1 if you know what you're doing, but the best 1v1 class is the Darkness (tankspec for republic readers) Assassin.

Edit: Oh I see someone already pointed this out earlier in the thread. Ah well, its good to reinforce it.
Jice Corvus
#1 PvP Operative
Lord Adraas
I am John Galt

VarnieTsk
03.22.2012 , 03:01 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by CptShadow View Post
Seriously does Bioware even care about PvE? I mean damn at this point might as well take those servers down as an option, since every month they have to reroll their characters due to the changes caused by PvP.
Yup, I'm feeling exactly the same. I am so sick to death of games doing this. I keep telling myself that someday, maybe in another lifetime, someone will make a game that doesn't keep shafting PvE players for the sake of PvP.

And to answer the OP, Corso got the worst nerf. They didn't adjust him or balance him, they completely removed his harpoon, his core ability, THE ability that is the main reason I play Scoundrel and use Corso.

And what did they replace it with? Rocket Jump!! Good God!! A dash-to-the-mob ability that 2 other Smuggler companions already have!!??! If I wanted that ability I'd use one of my other companions.

No explanation, nothing in patch notes about it, not so much as a hello, goodbye, or go-to-hades

In the thread that was started because someone noticed it, (surprise surprise), we got one little snippet from a dev saying it's an "intended change," and an apology for leaving it out of the patchnotes. He said sometimes the "small" things get left out on large patch notes. Small things!! Nice.