Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why swtor fail


unicornfive's Avatar


unicornfive
03.18.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1
Its amazing that a so expensive MMO doesnt give enough options to their customers...
I ll explain bellow what i mean :

I played 2 big mmos till now WoW and Warhammer

Because i (and many other ppl i know) always hated Dual wield, i played 1 wep (2h) classes. (Talking about warrior style classes only)
And those 2 games had to many options and many gameplays to fit

Warhammer :
2h warrior-priest
2h slayer
2h Kotbs
2h ironbreaker

Wow :
2h arms warrior
2h Death knight
2h Paladin
2h shaman

and

SWTOR :
? juggernaut???

So lets say im a new player and i ask an advice : I wanna play a 2h (1 weapon / non-dual wield) class in SW tor, a pure dps warrior class, what class to play?? Juggernaut??
What spec juggernaut has? 1 tanking (useless to me, i want dps) , 1 dot spec that does 1/5 of dmg of mara dot spec, and 1 nice spec, that after 1.2 will be exactly the same as marauder spec, but with 1 less wepon in my hands and less and worse defensive cds...and with less dmg)
And many of u will tell "if u want pure dps class roll marauder" and they wont be wrong...cause this game DOES..NOT..HAVE..1h..DPS...classes....
and bioware wants it so succeed...

My point?
Why did they added the common spec in a game that doesnt have so many classes avaiable? Why mara does NOT have a 1hand dps spec instead of the copy-pase rage spec??
Why there are in game 2 "rogue" classes and only 1 warrior non dual wield class, which is not even a dps class??

Sry for my long rage post but i didnt expect much big from this game but stil failed to satisfy me...

As a star wars fun, i wanted to the most common thing u see in movies an other star wars games, to be in this mmo...which is :

The msot common thing u see in movies...
1 sith/jedi
with ONE lightsaber
with SITH black robes, and with RED color lightsaber..

and in the game : only 1 subclass in game uses ONE lightsaber (dont say sorc, they dont even use it...they dont even throw it with force.........)
Once u get champion/columi, lightsaber color is purple, then higher it gets red-black...Jeez
And the robes in this game are.... Ops, no black sith ROBES in a STAR WARS game

PS : While i was sure that gear cant be more ugly than it is allready... 1.2 comes :
http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

RazielHex's Avatar


RazielHex
03.18.2012 , 11:57 AM | #2
The juggernaut uses both his hands to wield the lightsaber.

Your argument is invalid.

unicornfive's Avatar


unicornfive
03.18.2012 , 12:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
The juggernaut uses both his hands to wield the lightsaber.

Your argument is invalid.
I said u dont have options if u want 1 weapon class beside the juggernaut and u reply that juggernaut is 1...
You are a smart one..

RobNightfall's Avatar


RobNightfall
03.18.2012 , 12:15 PM | #4
With the staggering number of bugs, class balance problems, poor customer service, worse technical support, and the mistakes they made that other MMOs figured out 10 years ago you're complaining about this. Really?
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

unicornfive's Avatar


unicornfive
03.18.2012 , 12:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RobNightfall View Post
With the staggering number of bugs, class balance problems, poor customer service, worse technical support, and the mistakes they made that other MMOs figured out 10 years ago you're complaining about this. Really?
but i wanna play dps class and not dual wield!!!
If i reroll mara and remove 1 lightsaber form his off-hand, his dmg would be still higher than jugg vengeance spec And after 1.2 mara rage spec would be superior to jugg one

richardya's Avatar


richardya
03.18.2012 , 12:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by unicornfive View Post
I said u dont have options if u want 1 weapon class beside the juggernaut and u reply that juggernaut is 1...
You are a smart one..
You are sooooooo right. Finally someone said it.

Also, they need more shades of red lighsabers if this game is gonna make it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_red

KyoMamoru's Avatar


KyoMamoru
03.18.2012 , 12:36 PM | #7
All DPS classes are within 5% of each other, and a DPS Juggernaut is amazing in his party due to having Sunder.

Asturias's Avatar


Asturias
03.18.2012 , 12:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by unicornfive View Post
Its amazing that a so expensive MMO doesnt give enough options to their customers...
I ll explain bellow what i mean :

I played 2 big mmos till now WoW and Warhammer

Because i (and many other ppl i know) always hated Dual wield, i played 1 wep (2h) classes. (Talking about warrior style classes only)
And those 2 games had to many options and many gameplays to fit

Warhammer :
2h warrior-priest
2h slayer
2h Kotbs
2h ironbreaker

Wow :
2h arms warrior
2h Death knight
2h Paladin
2h shaman

and

SWTOR :
? juggernaut???

So lets say im a new player and i ask an advice : I wanna play a 2h (1 weapon / non-dual wield) class in SW tor, a pure dps warrior class, what class to play?? Juggernaut??
What spec juggernaut has? 1 tanking (useless to me, i want dps) , 1 dot spec that does 1/5 of dmg of mara dot spec, and 1 nice spec, that after 1.2 will be exactly the same as marauder spec, but with 1 less wepon in my hands and less and worse defensive cds...and with less dmg)
And many of u will tell "if u want pure dps class roll marauder" and they wont be wrong...cause this game DOES..NOT..HAVE..1h..DPS...classes....
and bioware wants it so succeed...

My point?
Why did they added the common spec in a game that doesnt have so many classes avaiable? Why mara does NOT have a 1hand dps spec instead of the copy-pase rage spec??
Why there are in game 2 "rogue" classes and only 1 warrior non dual wield class, which is not even a dps class??

Sry for my long rage post but i didnt expect much big from this game but stil failed to satisfy me...

As a star wars fun, i wanted to the most common thing u see in movies an other star wars games, to be in this mmo...which is :

The msot common thing u see in movies...
1 sith/jedi
with ONE lightsaber
with SITH black robes, and with RED color lightsaber..

and in the game : only 1 subclass in game uses ONE lightsaber (dont say sorc, they dont even use it...they dont even throw it with force.........)
Once u get champion/columi, lightsaber color is purple, then higher it gets red-black...Jeez
And the robes in this game are.... Ops, no black sith ROBES in a STAR WARS game

PS : While i was sure that gear cant be more ugly than it is allready... 1.2 comes :
http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/
Are you blind there is two DPS specs for Juggs also you have the SI tank which uses a double bladed light saber. Power tech is another tank class and has a lot of melee ability. All traditional warrior style classes.
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

Tomsem's Avatar


Tomsem
03.18.2012 , 12:47 PM | #9
so op means swtor fail's because there are no 2hnd class in the game, op have you played any class to 50 and have you notice any of the bug and glitches in this game at all? There are many things that makes swtor fail but your statement is so out of this universe.

I hope you someday will find the force, because it's sure ain't with you the time being.

unicornfive's Avatar


unicornfive
03.18.2012 , 12:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
Are you blind there is two DPS specs for Juggs also you have the SI tank which uses a double bladed light saber. Power tech is another tank class and has a lot of melee ability. All traditional warrior style classes.
Assassin is rogue class, not warrior class....
And powertech is warrior style??? He doesnt even have charge unless u are deep tank spec.
His most powerfull melee attack is not even melee. its ranged! He is more a hybrid mid ranged class than pure melee class