Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does anyone actually think that Resolve is actually a working system?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Does anyone actually think that Resolve is actually a working system?

Baerik
03.18.2012 , 11:08 AM | #1
I'm sorry... it's a great idea in theory... however it just plain, straight, doesn't work.

I need more than both hands and feet in order to count the amount of times that the displayed resolve amount didn't translate to the effects of what happened within the game, either:

1) I have a full resolve bar and yet still become affected by snares/cc's/stuns, etc

2) I have either no or a partially full resolve bar and I somehow manage to resist/not be affected by snares/cc's/stuns etc

And of course those same effects I have seen on other players which leads me to conclude only one of two things and either frankly doesn't work and ultimately needs to be fixed:

1) The resolve values aren't being properly displayed on characters, thus leading to misinformation making PVP that much more frustrating and difficult due to the lack of accuracy of a person's ability to have an effect on another character

OR

2) Resolve just plain doesn't work.

I'm partial to number 2, because I find it to be one of the dumbest systems I've ever attempted to work within, but once again that is a personal feeling/assessment. Resolve, to me, is unpredictable, unreliable and imprecise and that, to me, is just too many negative possibilities for a system to hold a segment of a game together.

I know people immediately go bananas if you mention WoW or any other MMO that has ever come out but let's be frank and honest, each one did something and right and it also did plenty wrong... Bioware, please, for the love of christ look at the upswings and pitfalls from other games and combine some ideas and avoid other ones and make yours truly the best game out there.

I know there are a lot of doomsayers out there breathing fire and brimstone but at present, if you continue down the path that you are, you are only going to prove them right and miss your "one shot" to do something great.

Get your house in order.
Baerik Level 50 Immortal Juggernaut Sith Warrior
Guild Master of <Dark Side Up> - Died on May 20th, 2012
Tank for <Eternal> on Bastion

Demarcc
03.18.2012 , 11:12 AM | #2
I find reslove does what it says it does.

That in itself is an issue b/c its not a great system but it does work as advertized. The worst part about resolve is I understand how it works, but apparently 90% of the muppets in WZ's dont .. the amount of times i've seen people white barred right infront of a hazard or goal line (Negating the ability to stun them in the hazard or pull / punt them from the goal line) makes me sad.

Sabredance
03.18.2012 , 11:14 AM | #3
Resolve works fine.

DarthxRage
03.18.2012 , 11:30 AM | #4
I don't think you actually understand how the system works. When your bar is full, you are immune to stuns and knockback.

You can be snared or rooted anytime regardless of where your resolve bar is. As far as abilities not appearing to work on you without a full resolve, it is probably a miss. Many people aren't stacking accuracy at all and then they get hit by a -acc effect and even their special attacks will miss.

It is shocking to me how quick people assume things are broken or bugged when they really just need to do a little research. Pretty sure this info is even stickied for you.
Darth Tyrannos of Dark Empire - Jung Ma Server
"I am the heart of darkness. I know no fear."

Slurmez
03.18.2012 , 11:46 AM | #5
Its not as bad as most people think but its not a great system by any stretch of the imagination

DarthxRage
03.18.2012 , 11:50 AM | #6
I think some type of diminishing return so you can't be snared and rooted nonstop is all the adjustment necessary. I think it will become self-evident with 8 man pre-mades. Smart teams already know they can chain root to prevent bcs from moving with the ball.
Darth Tyrannos of Dark Empire - Jung Ma Server
"I am the heart of darkness. I know no fear."

Kai-Eurah-Tird
03.18.2012 , 11:55 AM | #7
Ressolve work, people have misconceptions of what it suppose to do.

darkpagandeath
03.18.2012 , 11:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthxRage View Post
I don't think you actually understand how the system works. When your bar is full, you are immune to stuns and knockback.

You can be snared or rooted anytime regardless of where your resolve bar is. As far as abilities not appearing to work on you without a full resolve, it is probably a miss. Many people aren't stacking accuracy at all and then they get hit by a -acc effect and even their special attacks will miss.

It is shocking to me how quick people assume things are broken or bugged when they really just need to do a little research. Pretty sure this info is even stickied for you.
your joking right ? I constantly get perma stunned with full resolve stunned not rooted snared stunned. tbh alot of things cant be working as intended as when i go into hunker down 20s immunity to all effects guess what happens .. i get knocked out of it. Raised a ticket fwrd to dev team apparently? so some stuff is broken and they are aware of it

Jesmcalli
03.18.2012 , 12:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthxRage View Post

I've read that sticky. Just because someone broke down how it's supposed to work, doesn't mean that it works that way consistently. I too have been stunned when I shouldn't have. The system sounds plausible on paper, but it fails in practice.

Dee-Jay
03.18.2012 , 01:23 PM | #10
There is something about Resolve that just doesn't work consistently.

I've been stunned with full Resolve and I've tried stunning people who's bars were half-empty, only for them to be immune.

And even if it did work, there's still WAY TOO much CC flying around in this game to make Resolve viable in any way.