Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, why did they nerf (remove) commendation drops?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, why did they nerf (remove) commendation drops?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RavenMuse
03.18.2012 , 10:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MCAMCJ View Post
That's not "bad luck" or rng, that's bad mechanics.
Given the rather small minority you appear to be in and you have so many people telling you it is working as normal (I picked up two more since that last post simply doing the quest directly outside DK space port)... it is LUCK however much you wish to try and paint it otherwise.

Cernow
03.18.2012 , 11:20 AM | #22
I've just been questing on Taris (Imp side) and have had 6 Taris Commendations drop in about 3 hours of playing. Which seems about normal.

I know you don't want to hear it, but it does seem like you're just having bad luck rather than any kind of stealth nerf.

GooseGrims
03.18.2012 , 12:00 PM | #23
/facepalm
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

GeorgZoeller
03.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
While it is fashionable to cry nerf about various things, no changes have been made to commendation drop rates for months.

Sarmea
03.18.2012 , 12:10 PM | #25
Last night in a few hours, I got 34 commendations on Hoth, only 3 runs of Heroics. Rest were quest rewards and serious falling-like-mana-loot. I've made 20 chars so far across 4 servers. Usually leave the starting planet with one shy of what I need for the chest, or just enough. I made a BH a few days ago, and got enough to outfit BOTH her AND Mako, it was insane.

Usually, I have around what I need, or a little less. Flashpoint dailies also give comms, so I've bought a couple artifact boxes. Clearly, the RNG is as streaky here as it has been in other games (Evercrack crafting broke me forever, I still have my lucky chair at just the right height, with the special cupholder )
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse [lady of commercial virtue]. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

MoFugga
03.18.2012 , 12:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
That is definitely true and is one of the best "selfish" reasons for grouping up in open areas of the game. If I'm out in an area doing a kill 700 nuglings type mission and see someone else doing the same, I'll almost always toss an invite cause we can 1. get the grind done faster 2. Get a lot more commendation drops -- by far than doing it alone and 3. In theory you get social points (my current project, a L49 trooper, is stuck on zero social though. But that's another story)
You only get social point from conversation choice rolls, even though I agree what you said should have a count, sadly it dosen't.

kaboro
03.18.2012 , 12:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Febibi View Post
relog....if this is your first mmo then you dont know that your "luck" is set when you login like rolls....some logins are higher rolls, others are average lower.....its fact

if you notice you kill 50 mobs and have barely gotten a decent drop...relog and try again
Yeah that sounds right, dont know if it is true but i noticed same thing in all mmos i played so far.

MustrumRidcully
03.18.2012 , 12:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Just finished up Hoth last night with almost 50 commendations. Bought all three orange Trooper helms and have comms leftover.
It seems we have the culprit here. Stop stealing the OP's commendation drops. That's just bad form.

Cerion
03.18.2012 , 12:35 PM | #29
What's funny is that this weekend I've had more purple drops than I've had during my 2+ months of playing. I was thinking BW tweaked the loot tables because of the Friends Weekend.

Veluthurk
03.18.2012 , 12:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
What's funny is that this weekend I've had more purple drops than I've had during my 2+ months of playing. I was thinking BW tweaked the loot tables because of the Friends Weekend.
That was me a month ago on one particular character. The only other character of mine that even saw a purple. This guy even had back-to-back purples drop one time.