Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, why did they nerf (remove) commendation drops?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, why did they nerf (remove) commendation drops?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MCAMCJ
03.18.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1
Title pretty much says it... For the past 2 days across 3 chars and 2 servers (and 2 different server regions to boot), I have not had a single commendation drop. Now, the drop rate used to be pretty low, but now they're non esixtant.. and I'm the type of player who generally kills all mobs I pass by, and, for instance on hutta, I generally end up with 15 or more by the time I'm done.

Now, most of you will say "big deal" or otherwise try to troll this thread, but the point here is 1. the drop rate was already pretty bad, 2. you don't get nigh enough commendations from mission rewards to buy anything, and 3. getting new gear as you level is pretty important.

So, what say you bioware? What's the deal?

Kaphik
03.18.2012 , 09:44 AM | #2
You just have a really bad string of bad luck. I've gotten commendation drops on four characters yesterday alone.

TheBBP
03.18.2012 , 09:45 AM | #3
Just finished up Hoth last night with almost 50 commendations. Bought all three orange Trooper helms and have comms leftover.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

RavenMuse
03.18.2012 , 09:47 AM | #4
Same here, Got commendation drops within the last hour on Drommund Kaas with my lvl12 maurauder.

Your luck must just stink at the moment.

Stugotz
03.18.2012 , 09:57 AM | #5
I had pretty good luck with commendation drops last night.

"Let me guess Ethics violation?
Bad people doing bad things and it made you sad?
Every day the same skrag, day in day out.. why me?"

Febibi
03.18.2012 , 10:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MCAMCJ View Post
Title pretty much says it... For the past 2 days across 3 chars and 2 servers (and 2 different server regions to boot), I have not had a single commendation drop. Now, the drop rate used to be pretty low, but now they're non esixtant.. and I'm the type of player who generally kills all mobs I pass by, and, for instance on hutta, I generally end up with 15 or more by the time I'm done.

Now, most of you will say "big deal" or otherwise try to troll this thread, but the point here is 1. the drop rate was already pretty bad, 2. you don't get nigh enough commendations from mission rewards to buy anything, and 3. getting new gear as you level is pretty important.

So, what say you bioware? What's the deal?
relog....if this is your first mmo then you dont know that your "luck" is set when you login like rolls....some logins are higher rolls, others are average lower.....its fact

if you notice you kill 50 mobs and have barely gotten a decent drop...relog and try again
()≡ǁ/////ǁ()ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████) CE Preorder - SITH !

BigAndyW
03.18.2012 , 10:06 AM | #7
I think it really is bad luck, I personally got quite a few commendations as drops yesterday while levelling an alt on Balmorra.
Hello, China? I've got something you want but it's gonna cost you... That's right, all the tea..

Flyceratops
03.18.2012 , 10:08 AM | #8
I had at least three Hoth commendation drops on my Assassin last night. It's probably just bad luck. (That, and Bioware would've mentioned it if they nerfed commendation world drops.).

Ardelia
03.18.2012 , 10:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Gummiebear View Post
relog....if this is your first mmo then you dont know that your "luck" is set when you login like rolls....some logins are higher rolls, others are average lower.....its fact

if you notice you kill 50 mobs and have barely gotten a decent drop...relog and try again

You're pretty well convinced that stepping on a crack will, in fact, cause your mother back pain, aren't you?

You're going to reply with some variation on "you can get a bad RNG seed!/computer numbers aren't really random!", and you'll be wrong. Well, you'd be half right with the latter statement, but it won't be relevant to what the OP's experiencing.

OP, random numbers are random. You are one very small anecdotal sample in a very very large sea of data. the drops weren't nerfed, you just had an off streak.

Keta
03.18.2012 , 10:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gummiebear View Post

That is the way it's supposed to be but personally I think they set my characters to "low" on creation! I almost never get a commendation drop and haven't since the game went live.