Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I didn't put "Favorite Cartoon" down as a security question.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
I didn't put "Favorite Cartoon" down as a security question.

Kineticboy
12.16.2011 , 01:31 PM | #1
This is a problem on your side Bioware/EA. I know exactly what my favorite cartoon is and that's not working in ANY combination of capitalization and spaces. This is on YOUR END Customer Support. STOP ASKING ME A QUESTION I DIDN'T SET. I will answer the ones I DID SET, but not your RANDOM QUESTIONS. I hope that this issue can be resolved in a timely manner because it's your guy's fault that this is happening.

~-SQUADRON-~
- 11 - 11 - 11 -
~-NEVER FORGET-~

Kineticboy
12.16.2011 , 01:49 PM | #2
Hello? I know this is happening a lot because I've been reading the other threads. Other people can't get in even though they are answering their questions correctly. This is too coincidental to be happening to this many people. Rotate the questions AT LEAST.

You guys have a lot on your plate right now and I completely understand that you are getting swamped but please, if you can send me an email telling me my security questions have been reset yet you require me to answer a BOGUS security question, then something has to be done.

~-SQUADRON-~
- 11 - 11 - 11 -
~-NEVER FORGET-~

Kineticboy
12.16.2011 , 01:51 PM | #3
BUMP Anyone?

~-SQUADRON-~
- 11 - 11 - 11 -
~-NEVER FORGET-~

kookyabird
12.16.2011 , 01:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kineticboy View Post
Hello? I know this is happening a lot because I've been reading the other threads. Other people can't get in even though they are answering their questions correctly. This is too coincidental to be happening to this many people. Rotate the questions AT LEAST.

You guys have a lot on your plate right now and I completely understand that you are getting swamped but please, if you can send me an email telling me my security questions have been reset yet you require me to answer a BOGUS security question, then something has to be done.
There have been official posts on twitter and other pages about this problem. In all the cases reported people have just forgotten about picking them, or used an unrelated answer, or a random word from the question.

Kineticboy
12.16.2011 , 01:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by kookyabird View Post
There have been official posts on twitter and other pages about this problem. In all the cases reported people have just forgotten about picking them, or used an unrelated answer, or a random word from the question.
Well good for them but that's not what happened to me. I wrote down specifically what each question was and what each answer was. I live alone. No one could possibly have seen it. THEY made a mistake and it needs resolving. No amount of me trying out random words will help fix this. The system is broken.

~-SQUADRON-~
- 11 - 11 - 11 -
~-NEVER FORGET-~

kookyabird
12.16.2011 , 02:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kineticboy View Post
Well good for them but that's not what happened to me. I wrote down specifically what each question was and what each answer was. I live alone. No one could possibly have seen it. THEY made a mistake and it needs resolving. No amount of me trying out random words will help fix this. The system is broken.
Well my only recommendation is to actually contact CS through something other than the forums. The reason they don't rotate questions when you get it wrong is to prevent question farming by attackers. Better to err on the side of inconvenience than be heckled for lax security.

Kineticboy
12.16.2011 , 02:01 PM | #7
It's not even going to be looked at is it? And if I do get a reply it'll be that robotic "You need to call" ********. I called. I either get a robot or a "**** off we are too busy" and then they hang up.

Like I said, I understand, I just want it taken care of.

~-SQUADRON-~
- 11 - 11 - 11 -
~-NEVER FORGET-~

Kineticboy
12.16.2011 , 02:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by kookyabird View Post
Well my only recommendation is to actually contact CS through something other than the forums. The reason they don't rotate questions when you get it wrong is to prevent question farming by attackers. Better to err on the side of inconvenience than be heckled for lax security.
This is true. I applaud this security wholeheartedly, as even the ACCOUNT USER cannot gain access.

~-SQUADRON-~
- 11 - 11 - 11 -
~-NEVER FORGET-~

Kineticboy
12.16.2011 , 02:06 PM | #9
Well hopefully later today will be more productive as I have to go to work. Please Bioware/EA, do something about this. I am not going to try answering that question anymore.

~-SQUADRON-~
- 11 - 11 - 11 -
~-NEVER FORGET-~