Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't launch game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KezJona
03.18.2012 , 07:01 AM | #1
Hi all,

I just tried to launch the game from the launcher and nothing happens. I check my task manager and SWTOR doesn't appear, checked the processes page and nothing registering it in there. So I tried again to see if it was just a minor error and still, as soon as I click "Play", nothing happens.

So I restarted my computer to see if that would correct the issue, loaded up the launcher, entered my username, password and security key number, and then clicked play to result in nothing happening on my computer and I've just waited 15 minutes to see if anything would magically happen.

This is a brand new laptop that played the game perfectly last night, and all I really use it for is to go on SWTOR. Logged out of the game as usual, turned my laptop off, turned it on to then load up TOR so I highly doubt anything could of happened to the machine in this time as it was kept secured as well.

I haven't added any software to the machine in this time.

Just wondering how to resolve this issue, but hope someone here can help me

Edit 1: Also I am running Windows 7 and have just tried to run in Administrator mode and nothing. Plus I can start the launcher up again, straight after it closing and it doesn't register that another instance of SWTOR was already open.

Edit 2: I have also now just tried to use the "FixLauncher.exe" to see if that fixed anything, and once the launcher was updated again and I clicked the play button, nothing happens.

Edit 3: I posted my recent launcher log report below in the spoiler tags as requested by the customer service rep.

Spoiler

Edit 4: Posted my DXDIAG for customer service rep after launcher log seemed fine.

Spoiler

Kindajenin
03.18.2012 , 07:17 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KezJona,

In order to assist us investigating this issue, please post your most recent Launcher Log here.

Please post the Log within code tags or spoiler tags

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

KezJona
03.18.2012 , 07:25 AM | #3
Hello Kindajenin,

Funnily enough I just read that in a post I found from a Google search so was already in the process of doing so! You can find the edit on my original post but I'll put it here for you as well.

-----

Launcher log cased inside the spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Kindajenin
03.18.2012 , 07:36 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KezJona,

The wonder that is Google!! Your launcher log looks fine so that is not telling me anything. Has this been happening alot? Or has it just happened once?

If you can post your DxDiag it may help investigate the issue further before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)

Thank you for your assistance.

KezJona
03.18.2012 , 07:41 AM | #5
Thanks for the reply

And Google is great, its like my lifeline to all questions. The problem has only just started today but I must of tried to load the launcher up around 15 times in the last 1 and 1/2 hours and still nothing happens. Worked perfectly fine last night as well.

My Dxdiag is below in the spoiler tags, edited my main post as well.

Spoiler

Kindajenin
03.18.2012 , 07:59 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KezJona,

Have you tried the repair function?? This should help with your issue.

Can you please try running the Repair function on the launcher. To do this please open the launcher and then click on the Cog icon.

Thank you for your continuing patience in this matter.

KezJona
03.18.2012 , 08:06 AM | #7
Hi,

Yes I tried the repair function and it still hasn't loaded the game up. I did this earlier in my edit 2 of the original post but have tried again for a chance and it still has not fixed the problem :/

Kindajenin
03.18.2012 , 08:16 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KezJona,

If you can please run the game as an administrator, I know you already mentioned you are doing this but it is no harm to double check this.

Please add an exception to your anti-virus and firewall for swtor_setup.exe and launcher.exe

If you are still encountering problems with your launcher please read our helpful sticky.

Thank you for contacting us.

KezJona
03.18.2012 , 08:52 AM | #9
I've done the exceptions for both my Virus software and Firewall. Reinstalled the launcher and it still does nothing :/

I even downloaded a bit of the test server to see if that would solve anything but the game still does not load.

Kindajenin
03.18.2012 , 09:19 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KezJona,

This is a more detailed troubleshoot for your issue, I know it is one thing that is stopping you from playing hopefully this walk through will help you out.

You may need to re-allow the launcher (launcher.exe) and game client (swtor.exe) to communicate through your firewall and anti-virus. Please be aware that we do not recommend to turn off firewall or your internet security completely.

For all those not sure how to set up exceptions for their firewall or internet security software please refer to following pages when using the Windows built-in firewall:

Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP

(Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content of other websites.)

If you are using a 3rd party software or Internet security software with built-in firewall please refer to the manual you have received with your software package. When you don't have a manual you have to visit the website of your software developer.

Also make sure you have only one firewall working at the same time. Never use a firewall delivered with your internet security software package together with your windows firewall - turn one of them off.

Don't use a proxy - it may interfere with the communication between your client and our servers. When you are on a public network like on the campus of an university or a hotel you have to contact the network administrator because they may block some ports used for server communication.

We also recommend that you turn off any software you are not using as long as you play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thank you for your patience!.