Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild advertising

Ransom_BiC
03.21.2012 , 09:15 AM | #31
I just think guild membership is important. I truly feel that guilds are absolutely imperative for MMO's-- and a fantastic guild is separated from a good guild by it's members-- and those are directly chosen by the leadership of said guild.

There's just no way my husband and I would want every tom, dick and harry to be part of our guild family. It's just too important to the guilds success.
NAT
Guildmaster
Born in Chaos
Come find your gaming family with Born in Chaos

haliy
03.21.2012 , 09:55 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ransom_BiC View Post
I just think guild membership is important. I truly feel that guilds are absolutely imperative for MMO's-- and a fantastic guild is separated from a good guild by it's members-- and those are directly chosen by the leadership of said guild.

There's just no way my husband and I would want every tom, dick and harry to be part of our guild family. It's just too important to the guilds success.
Totally agree however, for a guild that is completely starting from scratch without the luxury of having RL friends play the same game, you have to take a chance on the members you invite since you don't know anybody. From there you can establish a friendship between the guild members and yourself.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Jeffor
03.21.2012 , 03:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-Elder View Post
They do not seem to care about the community in this game. Server forums would have been nice for guilds. Their grouping of the servers was another fail in a long list of fails.
This. Community seems to go against that Bioware has envisions for this game. This is one of the main reasons that server forums are needed. Instead they gave us those stupid cluster forums that are impossible to follow. I have no idea how they can expect an anti-community MMO to thrive. As I've suggested before; why not just number the servers and have us log into a different one every night like Battlefield. That seems to be what they are shooting for.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

Jeffor
03.21.2012 , 03:19 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by syncronius View Post
real good guilds dont need to find players... good and willing players will make an effort in finding them, by either contacting members, or searching for the guilds website.

The better guilds dont want 'guildhoppers'.
lol...
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

Pompeybear
03.22.2012 , 04:40 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ransom_BiC View Post

LMAO , Check your forum signature out, 'Come join your gaming family' and I quote your recruitment page!

'Recruitment is currently open to all classes/specs. We do ask that anyone wishing to join our guild be active folks willing to organize and/or run HM’s and Operations. BiC is extremely active in both PvE and the PvP circuit.

BiC’s ‘primetime’ is generally 7-10 central, Monday through Thursday and then on and off all weekend long.

Anyone interested in joining BiC should email nat@borninchaos.com, or you can feel free to send a /tell or in-game email to Nat.'

Yeah we don't let any Tom , dick or harry join yet we advertise to get them to apply??????

By this threads logic you are a bad guild for advertising.

Kaphik
03.22.2012 , 05:20 AM | #36
Last night on the Imperial fleet on my server someone wrote out a nicely written guild advertisement in General chat. Immediately some people started bashing him for it, saying things like "guild recruitment doesn't belong in General" and calling his guild tacky. He didn't spam, and his message was concise and to the point. People even went as far as saying he should only be advertising on the server forums for a guild.

Exactly how do some people expect others to advertise their guild in-game?

haliy
03.22.2012 , 05:33 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
Last night on the Imperial fleet on my server someone wrote out a nicely written guild advertisement in General chat. Immediately some people started bashing him for it, saying things like "guild recruitment doesn't belong in General" and calling his guild tacky. He didn't spam, and his message was concise and to the point. People even went as far as saying he should only be advertising on the server forums for a guild.

This is the exact thing I am afriad of when i start recruiting. I don't feel that anybody needs to be bashed for promoting their guild in general chat once an hour or every other hour. Especially if the guild is starting from scratch.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Pompeybear
03.22.2012 , 05:37 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post

Agreed 100%

Sverina
03.22.2012 , 04:26 PM | #39
I honestly feel that until BW gives us an actual useful in-game resource for recruiting/looking for guilds, we're going to keep seeing people recruiting in general. Even a Guild Recruitment channel would be nice.

Just because a guild advertises in general does not mean they allow anyone in or want to be a zerg guild. We point people to our website, where they can get more info about what kind of guild we are and what we look for in members. We are selective. We want players to know we're recruiting, but at the same time we're not a zerg guild that invites anyone who comes along.

We also keep our ads to a bare minimum. I post in general maybe once an hour when I'm on and only on Fleet.
"You are not the son of the emperor who was turned into a vampire and given metal skin that shoots death beams out of it." ~Chiltonium