Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild advertising

RogueHound
03.18.2012 , 12:40 AM | #1
Is it just me or is the guild advertising really bad? I feel like a troll sometimes just posting a recruitment comment on, then just watching everyone else use that to advertise there own guild.. What i was thinking how would you guys like Guild advertiseing improved? Personally i think Guild noticeboards should be on major planets where you can register your guild and blurb. So then people looking for guilds can apply or see how to apply for the guilds through the notices.
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"

<Dark Reverence>

mulcherman
03.18.2012 , 10:33 AM | #2
One word also MACROS!!! at least for what op says

RebelWeasel
03.18.2012 , 10:36 AM | #3
A guild notice board seems like a really nice feature.

I've seen guild search options in other games, I don't know if that's available or implemented in SWTOR or not, but if it is, I've missed it.

I'm still strongly of the opinion that the best guild ad is to play the game. Picking up people and helping them in flash points or heroics, or having open public rp events where you welcome and include other people who are not guilded is the best way to get people to feel like they are welcomed, wanted, and interested in being a stronger part of things.
My curiosity is stronger than your security measure.
Game Revolution Radio

Z-Elder
03.18.2012 , 10:58 AM | #4
They do not seem to care about the community in this game. Server forums would have been nice for guilds. Their grouping of the servers was another fail in a long list of fails.

JessieColt
03.18.2012 , 01:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RogueHound View Post
Is it just me or is the guild advertising really bad? I feel like a troll sometimes just posting a recruitment comment on, then just watching everyone else use that to advertise there own guild.. What i was thinking how would you guys like Guild advertiseing improved? Personally i think Guild noticeboards should be on major planets where you can register your guild and blurb. So then people looking for guilds can apply or see how to apply for the guilds through the notices.
Guild spamming is horrible, both in game on on the forums.

Bioware most assuredly needs a Guide Recruitment tool in world. Either a Guild Board on the respective Fleet or in the /Who section.

Then once they have a Guild Recruitment tool in place, they need to start passing out 3 day suspensions to anyone who spams the forums or in world General Chat.
___
Dameone, LvL 50 Gunslinger: Crevasse City
Katbrak, LvL 35 Bounty Hunter: Crevasse City
Raffick, LvL 50 Sith Inquisitor: Canderous Ordo

RebelWeasel
03.18.2012 , 02:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-Elder View Post
They do not seem to care about the community in this game. Server forums would have been nice for guilds. Their grouping of the servers was another fail in a long list of fails.
I can't disagree with you on this. It boils down to features that are standard in almost all MMO's at launch which are missing or completely ignored by this development team. I know they talk an awful lot about how much they love gaming, but how could they miss such basic, fundamental things needed for guilds and communities? They completely ignore or shut down so many integral features.

However, let's be fair, most of the stuff we're looking for was not intended to be cut out, but was buggy and no available yet. There will be many guild tools implemented in the 1.2 patch. Because I'm not a guild leader, I didn't personally read every detail listed in the patch notes for it, and don't know anything outside of the guild bank feature, but the fact that they're getting these issues bug-fixed and rolled out as patches still keep me here and willing to give them a chance to make it right.

So, until we get those separate server forums, I still say, simply playing the game and attracting members by meeting them and interacting with them in game in such a way that they want to be a part of your group is the best way to go about it. That's how my guild got me! They were around in large groups during RP events and I liked their style and asked to learn more.

You don't need a macro by the way. First of all, in game, hit Enter+Uparrow keys and it will re-type what you just last typed, and you can even cycle through about the last 10 posts or so by keeping down the enter key and releasing then hitting the uparrow key.

Also, you can cut and paste into the game. I've typed things in notepad outside the game, copied, and pasted it in say channels before.
My curiosity is stronger than your security measure.
Game Revolution Radio

RogueHound
03.18.2012 , 04:32 PM | #7
After reading everything in the 1.2 patch notes, its looks like we will be waiting for guilds to stop spamming as they are only implementing guild banks. i may actually make my guild event 'open' and post on chat that people can come along, and join if they want to. thanks for the advice guys.. lets just hope a dev reads this and see theres a few people who like the Guild noticeboard idea.
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"

<Dark Reverence>

Scorpienne
03.18.2012 , 07:51 PM | #8
Well, there is the Ideal Guild Quiz.

www.tortoolbox.com/quiz

That's a good way to find guilds.

Paige

Superzombiebob
03.20.2012 , 05:55 AM | #9
I think a guild advert board on major planets would be a great idea. I am currently looking for a guild that I and a friend of mine can join on Krayiss Obelisk and can't get any other response other than advise to switch servers. Well, that would be okay but I can't transfer my characters and I have put too much work into them to start over from the beginning. I have seen requests that our server be merged with another underpopulated server but there seem to be quiet a few decent sized guilds for the Imperial side and I just want to join. Having a friend or two to do small missions with is fine but heroics are much easier to do when you have a group that knows how to work together.

Pompeybear
03.20.2012 , 05:59 AM | #10
Can we not just have a seperate chat channel eg. Guild advertising chat channel.