Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 9000

twentycenturyboy
12.16.2011 , 01:26 PM | #1
I keep getting this error often while playing. My server is Iron Citadel and my internet service is fine, I'm only having problems with this game. I wonder if anyone else is getting this or is just me...
Please bioware, help

Xarox
12.16.2011 , 01:29 PM | #2
I got this just now from waiting in the queue to my server... Had 750th place something and waited ALL the way down to nr 1 and when I started to load into character selection server, it said that I lost connection to the server with the ERROR 9000!

Sucks, now that I try to log on again, I was 911 in Queue. Funny huh? Should I call them? Think they can help, lol?

Anyways, says wait time now is up to an hour. Oh btw, server is Frostclaw EU.

Wittik
12.16.2011 , 01:31 PM | #3
Yup, the ques and disconnect errors is insanely annoying. Add to that the serious lack of servers for EU and we have a ****ed up launch comming... +2hr queues now, how will it be at launch?
The Casual Travellers Republic Not a big guild, but a good one.
The Casual Travellers SWTOR External web.

Guild motto: "Dont ask of others, what you would not do for them"

Sviinet
12.16.2011 , 01:34 PM | #4
Several I know are having the same issue and so do I.

What has been working for me lately is that I make sure to not stay alt-tabbed out of the game while I'm close to being allowed in, usually I make sure to stay in-game all the time from spot 25 and down.

I've had the same error message twice and both times I was tabbed out when I was supposed to have been allowed in.

It may not help you, but seems to have helped me.

Good luck and take care!
What you just read was written by a crazy MMO-vet viking.

Founder of the Swedish guild Ruthless - Website - Forums

Xarox
12.16.2011 , 01:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittik View Post
Yup, the ques and disconnect errors is insanely annoying. Add to that the serious lack of servers for EU and we have a ****ed up launch comming... +2hr queues now, how will it be at launch?
Honestly, if I were Bioware, I'd take this as a sign that more servers are required and also since people have played their characters up a couple levels, I'd offer server transfers to new servers since one does not really wanna start over with ones main characters.

It's time to take this seriously... Come the 20th, this is going to really suck.

Xarox
12.16.2011 , 01:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sviinet View Post
Several I know are having the same issue and so do I.

What has been working for me lately is that I make sure to not stay alt-tabbed out of the game while I'm close to being allowed in, usually I make sure to stay in-game all the time from spot 25 and down.

I've had the same error message twice and both times I was tabbed out when I was supposed to have been allowed in.

It may not help you, but seems to have helped me.

Good luck and take care!
I did what you did... stayed in from 38 and down...

It didn't help me anything...

Teebor
12.16.2011 , 01:40 PM | #7
Can I add in on this one too... Waited about an hour and 15 minutes to get to 2nd/3rd position only to get the error message and disconnected from the server.

Queuing again now and it looks like I will have to wait another hour 15

I'm of the opinion that no game is worth queuing for and now that I am actually experiencing for the first time in any game launch I have been a part of (I know its happens to others but I was not a part) I find it is very annoying

Perhaps you should consider a queue widget or a windowed version of the game so that we can do other things and keep an eye on the queue status rather than a full screen program whilst we wait

Xarox
12.16.2011 , 01:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Teebor View Post
Perhaps you should consider a queue widget or a windowed version of the game so that we can do other things and keep an eye on the queue status rather than a full screen program whilst we wait
Wow!

That's a great idea!!!

(Atleast until they get more servers)

Vortgon
12.16.2011 , 01:44 PM | #9
Same here - error code 9000!!

After over an hour waiting to get down to the last 5 or 6 then *** - 9000 back of the queue!!

Unacceptable!!!

Frawan
12.16.2011 , 01:45 PM | #10
I got this as well - as did a handful of my guildmates.

Finally got early access today. Waited 2+ hours in a 1200+ people queue - all without any problems - and finally when I get down to login I get disconnected.

Didn't have this issue in beta. Had I know it would be this bad at launch I wouldn't have pre-ordered. I am paying for a service you are not delivering.

The queue is bad enough as it is - dont add insult to injury by kicking people when then actually get through to the game.
δ Danes of Darkness δ
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~100% Dansk Sith Guild~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Guild HQ # Join Us # SWTOR.dk