Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fun SOA bug that we haven't seen yet...

Merraith
03.20.2012 , 09:14 PM | #21
Did Nightmare EV tonight, had 2 guys switching mains so they wanted Infernal title on the new toons. **** died. No bugs beyond the double shock from lightning balls...endurance flasks for the low health people solved that issue. Don't move Soa too far onto the rocky area in p3, shields break without issues. Hell we even had the omglolololsobroken pylon thing where the top wheel was solved for us. We turned it left, then right making sure south solved first every time like every other week. Zero issues.

Ganrax
03.20.2012 , 10:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
I don't defend BW, I just compare it to other brand new MMOs. In comparison, this game is more stable & less buggy than WoW was at this point (btw, operations actually work...WoW didn't have "working" raids for over 2 months).

That's not to say that I think this game will be great in a few months...I am not sure of the direction that the dev's are going in 1.2, but at the very least I'll wait around and see what happens when the patch goes live.

People who are unsubbing because of PTS patch notes (when they haven't even played on the PTS) are just being...silly.
Stop comparing it to any other game and just look at what BIOWARE is doing(or in this case not doing).

I know for a fact that Eternity Vault has been in the game since an August beta build because there was a bug on the Republic side where a few groups actually got into the operation before it was intended to be tested by the public(I was in one of these groups that did see it in August). So it is safe to assume that Eternity Vault has been at least in internal testing since August, maybe even before that. I find it extremely hard to believe that they have even tested these raids prior to launch/the VERY end of beta when they officially opened them up to general testing as the raid has been "in game" for over 7 months now and these bugs on Soa STILL happen. Granted Eternity Vault was a lot bugger back in August(Gharj killed himself for my group by having one of his platforms fall on his head or something when we entered his room) from the little I saw of it but to still have bugs that can easily cause wipes happen 7 months down the road is just ridiculous.

Ganrax
03.20.2012 , 10:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
Did Nightmare EV tonight, had 2 guys switching mains so they wanted Infernal title on the new toons. **** died. No bugs beyond the double shock from lightning balls...endurance flasks for the low health people solved that issue. Don't move Soa too far onto the rocky area in p3, shields break without issues. Hell we even had the omglolololsobroken pylon thing where the top wheel was solved for us. We turned it left, then right making sure south solved first every time like every other week. Zero issues.
Sounds like you had a lot of issues, you just had workarounds for all of them. At this point you need to know the workarounds for the bugs more than the actual fight mechanics as the bugs are the things that cause wipes, not the mechanics.

Agitate
03.20.2012 , 10:19 PM | #24
This has happened two my guild twice. It happens when you wipe and not every member of the instance waits a minute or so after the wipe before re-entering. It has something to do with lingering mind traps and it causes the boss just to never actually land. We've discovered that if you die on SOA or have ANYONE die on SOA and you battle rez them; this happens. Your best bet to avoid it is to either - kill him in one shot, do not battle rez anyone until he lands, or to stay out of the instance for at least a minute after the wipe. Reported the bug each time this occurred. Truly, it needs to be fixed.
Am I bugging you? I'm not touching you! Am I bugging you? I'm not touching you! Am I bugging you?
I'm not touching you!

Merraith
03.20.2012 , 10:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
Sounds like you had a lot of issues, you just had workarounds for all of them. At this point you need to know the workarounds for the bugs more than the actual fight mechanics as the bugs are the things that cause wipes, not the mechanics.
Nowhere near the issues people claim they run into all the time though. The workarounds are simple, especially for pylons. As for Soa, we never have any issues with him despawning, not coming down, etc. Probably only seen a couple shields not break in almost 3 months. Literally the only issue we've had to deal with is the lightning balls giving an extra shock along with the explosion, and we solved it with a simple to make endurance consumable. We haven't seen floor pieces missing in 2 months. There just isn't anywhere near the randomness people make this fight/zone out to have.

Veriu
03.21.2012 , 01:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
Stop comparing it to any other game and just look at what BIOWARE is doing(or in this case not doing).

I know for a fact that Eternity Vault has been in the game since an August beta build because there was a bug on the Republic side where a few groups actually got into the operation before it was intended to be tested by the public(I was in one of these groups that did see it in August). So it is safe to assume that Eternity Vault has been at least in internal testing since August, maybe even before that. I find it extremely hard to believe that they have even tested these raids prior to launch/the VERY end of beta when they officially opened them up to general testing as the raid has been "in game" for over 7 months now and these bugs on Soa STILL happen. Granted Eternity Vault was a lot bugger back in August(Gharj killed himself for my group by having one of his platforms fall on his head or something when we entered his room) from the little I saw of it but to still have bugs that can easily cause wipes happen 7 months down the road is just ridiculous.
Why wouldn't I compare it to other games...should I compare it to some idealized perfect release that has never, and will never, happen? That's just dumb, if you do that, then no game ever will be "good enough". I compare MMOs to WoW, as it is the most successful MMO...

I could also compare MMOs to Vanguard, as I think it was the least successful MMO, but those comparisons would just be "Well, servers were actually up for more than a day this week...so it's better than Vanguard" but that's not all that useful of a comparison.

You see your problem is that you have obviously never been in a new game. And bugs that can cause wipes...you mean like bosses going immune to all damage? Or healing back to full health randomly during the fight? Cause bosses in MC did that for all of Vanilla WoW (which was like 2 years or so I think)...and for all I know, they still do. Or the ancient corehounds that would put debuffs on the tank making him immune to all healing, would sometimes bug out and be non-cleanseable (they had like 10-20 minute duration and lasted through death as well...)

This is a MMO, there will always be bugs. Look at WoW, it's been out for what, 7-8 years and they still have bugs. Hell, they've been claiming that blink will be "fixed" every patch since release and it STILL bugs out.

The game has been out for 2 and a half months, beta =/= live. Having bugs 2 and a half months after release should be completely expected by anyone with any experience in MMOs....
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Kaelano
03.21.2012 , 03:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by synyrgy View Post
LOL... this boss has been out for how many months now??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbe59RLfGo
The guy whose vid that is already posted...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359491

Fail copycat using someone else's fraps for fail thread is fail. Learn to read.

Want to argue it was "5 pages back"? This one is 2 pages back...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=365108

... both less than a week old.

But people can't be expected to go through all the TL;DR, right? Just spam the forums with more whiny bull crap. This OP probably has never even seen Soa and thought he was cool.

Twuntage
03.21.2012 , 03:15 AM | #28
The odd thing is after months of farming SOA i have yet to see 90% of the bugs described in these type of posts.

Maybe its that 8 man is bugged more then 16 man i dunno, but as most of these bugs can be mitigated quite easy guess its down to a nice combination of bad tactics and poor player performance.

Whining is still the world most popular activity though
Twuntage Rakata hoe
Bloodtworthy PVP EU
16 man Nightmare EV/KP mode farmer
Not failing since 2005

Merraith
03.21.2012 , 09:53 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Twuntage View Post
The odd thing is after months of farming SOA i have yet to see 90% of the bugs described in these type of posts.

Maybe its that 8 man is bugged more then 16 man i dunno, but as most of these bugs can be mitigated quite easy guess its down to a nice combination of bad tactics and poor player performance.

Whining is still the world most popular activity though
^this. We run 8 man and just like you run into basically no bugs every week. Either we're just doing something crazy right, or a lot of people are doing something crazy wrong. Maybe both.

Foenixz
03.21.2012 , 10:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
^this. We run 8 man and just like you run into basically no bugs every week. Either we're just doing something crazy right, or a lot of people are doing something crazy wrong. Maybe both.
Most of our bugs are on stupid stuff like XRR-3 hard enraging at 10% while still well short of the timer and wiping the raid.

The Soa bugs we have been able to get around. I have to wonder how many of these people are not managing the encounter and letting it manage them. There are a lot of things going on and I wouldn't be surprised if the code is just as complex. I would hope that there are coders gnashing their teeth and having sleepless night over this
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong