Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

Gavin_Darkl's Avatar


Gavin_Darkl
03.18.2012 , 08:30 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Calinaph View Post
Wouldn't an easy fix to this have been to come up with a tiered set of gear like pvp gear that you buy with planet commendations (which already exist) that- instead of having "expertise" has "presence" ?
Yes it would. However Solo players that think their $15 a month is the same as my $15 a month and I put the effort needed to raid and progress. They dont. They can not even grasp the logical behind this. Give them Presence gear and I wouldn't have an argument against it it would be gear for (Wait for it) YES SOLOING and RAIDING!

DeketheDeke's Avatar


DeketheDeke
03.18.2012 , 09:38 AM | #42
I think they added the Black Hole commendations for the item required to attempt the final boss in Explosive Conflict. I think this item that protects you from the final encounter's mind control costs 30 comms for 4 hours. Like columi I'm hoping it's 3 from each nightmare boss for a total of 30.

Dumpiduke's Avatar


Dumpiduke
03.18.2012 , 09:45 AM | #43
You people are ridiculous. You're seriously upset that solo players will be able to achieve artifact quality gear by GRINDING out dailies? Furthermore, we don't even have all of the facts yet. I'm sitting on the PTS right now staring at the Black Commendation vendor and it offers 2 sets of gear: Black Hole gear and Campaign gear. The Campaign gear appears to be unfinished and likely has set bonuses that the black hole commendation gear DOES NOT have. In other words, the daily commendation gear IS NOT the best gear in the game. It's simply a means for the solo player to achieve quality gear, but here's the catch, they have to grind dailies to get comms!

Most casuals don't have the time or the patience to run dailies 7 days a week. I'd say that 3 times a week is more accurate. Assuming that the most comms you can get in a day will be 20 (which is probably an over estimate), it will take 3 days of dailies to get one piece of gear, or 1 week per piece. It takes 445 comms to get the full set of gear (less weapon, offhand, and relics) That's 22 days of dailies just to get armor for one character. At that rate, it will seriously take a casual player over 2 months to get a full set of armor doing painful dailies 3 times a week. Also like to add, we don't even know how difficult the dailies are. What if some of them require a full group to do? Would you still cry like a newborn?

What's even funnier is the fact that these 'hardcore raiders' are whining that this is the best gear in the game. It's not. Explosive Conflict Nightmare mode will release roughly a month after patch hits live and it will feature THE BEST gear in the game. Holy crap, you mean gear that isn't accessible by someone that doesn't raid?! OMG!

TL;DR - Stop crying, you'll get your epeen when the NM mode Explosive Conflict operation is released. All of this whining with no testing to back it up makes me sick.

lexiekaboom's Avatar


lexiekaboom
03.18.2012 , 09:51 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)
"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear.

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet?
From what's I've seen in GW2, the raiding is OFF THE HOOK! Without question, GW2 has the best raiding system I've ever seen. All zero of their raid content is perfectly balanced, and the zero raid loot is all awesome.

Now that that is over with ...

OH NO! There are TWO ways of getting gear! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Why spend a few hours having fun with 7 or 15 of your friends to get 25 or 50 loot drops when you can just GRIND MISSIONS ALONE EVERY DAY FOR A LITTLE OVER A WEEK TO GET ONE!!???

Well, the short answer to that question is "derp".

As a hardcore raider I'm in it because it's great fun, and I love being on top of my game. I'll never grind a mission over and over for gear because that's really dull. Plus NM loot is rating 152.

Drop your entitlement issues. Non-raiders deserve gear just as much as you, and giving them the option to get it by logging in and playing every day is what makes SW:TOR a great MMO.

krinaman's Avatar


krinaman
03.18.2012 , 11:42 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Vortex View Post
I'm sorry but I just have to stop you right here. You don't need to spend "countless hours" raiding, your telling me you can't take one or two hours out of your life a week to run an operation, yet you want the best gear? How does that make sense. To me it just comes across as a bit entitled -
And raiders claiming that they deserve the best gear exclusively for themselves doesn't sound entitled?

I know, I know, you "earned it" because pushing buttons while in a group of 8 is much more difficult than pushing buttons solo.

Frankly, after doing the first two raids in this game I would say the guy who solos every day for 2 hours a day deserves the better gear. Because, let's be honest, they put in more effort.

Anozir's Avatar


Anozir
03.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
And raiders claiming that they deserve the best gear exclusively for themselves doesn't sound entitled?

I know, I know, you "earned it" because pushing buttons while in a group of 8 is much more difficult than pushing buttons solo.

Frankly, after doing the first two raids in this game I would say the guy who solos every day for 2 hours a day deserves the better gear. Because, let's be honest, they put in more effort.
Thats some serious jaded logic there. The others make a good point. If you are soloing content why not just give them the same level of gear only with more Presence? It would effectively cause them to be better soloing, which is what they did to begin with.

Your argument about pushing buttons is slightly invalid as well. It takes some coordination to do the ops other wise every boss would be like the Infernal Counsel in EV (and we all know what easy loot that is).

While I am not espousing that raiders only get high end gear, I'm suggesting that there be differentiation between them so that the purple "solo-mode" geared guy can beat the purple "ops-mode" guy in a duel with companions while the "solo-mode" guy will not be able to do the same job as the "ops-mode" guy in a group setting.

Gavin_Darkl's Avatar


Gavin_Darkl
03.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Anozir View Post
Thats some serious jaded logic there. The others make a good point. If you are soloing content why not just give them the same level of gear only with more Presence? It would effectively cause them to be better soloing, which is what they did to begin with.

Your argument about pushing buttons is slightly invalid as well. It takes some coordination to do the ops other wise every boss would be like the Infernal Counsel in EV (and we all know what easy loot that is).

While I am not espousing that raiders only get high end gear, I'm suggesting that there be differentiation between them so that the purple "solo-mode" geared guy can beat the purple "ops-mode" guy in a duel with companions while the "solo-mode" guy will not be able to do the same job as the "ops-mode" guy in a group setting.
I would not give them any more stats then endurance and their primary state because they do not need the others. However they can have all the presences they want, I could careless. Problem is these people are sick to think they have the right to stuff they dont even do. It would one thing if they raided Story line and got the gear, I am ok with that but not even to raid and get the raid gear is just illogical at best. People need to stop looking for handouts and get real.

jmdatcs's Avatar


jmdatcs
03.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DeketheDeke View Post
I think they added the Black Hole commendations for the item required to attempt the final boss in Explosive Conflict. I think this item that protects you from the final encounter's mind control costs 30 comms for 4 hours. Like columi I'm hoping it's 3 from each nightmare boss for a total of 30.
The 30 daily comm item you are talking about is for the new lv 50 world boss. There is no item required for any boss in the new operation.
Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. - Albert Camus
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. - Kurt Vonnegut

Kothakk's Avatar


Kothakk
03.18.2012 , 12:31 PM | #49
Where have I heard this before? Ah yes ... the 1.2 PvP armor thread.

Onager's Avatar


Onager
03.18.2012 , 12:33 PM | #50
It might be like how we can use Daily Commendations to get level 58 Earpieces and Implants?
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]