Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

oredith's Avatar


oredith
03.29.2012 , 10:34 AM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
Can someone explain to me why non raiders want raid gear? There is no accomplishment involved you just get it to get it? The point is raid gear is like a trophy to some raiders, they spent the time putting the groups together and coordinating those people to complete an objective. What purpose does it server for non raiders to get it?
why would anyone want a mile tracker on the treadmill. they could run and run and run and it wouldn't really matter.

gear is the only real metric of achievement in this game.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Ruuprect's Avatar


Ruuprect
03.29.2012 , 10:36 AM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
why would anyone want a mile tracker on the treadmill. they could run and run and run and it wouldn't really matter.

gear is the only real metric of achievement in this game.
But if you are not achieving anything to get it what is the point?
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

oredith's Avatar


oredith
03.29.2012 , 10:40 AM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
But if you are not achieving anything to get it what is the point?
not everyone wants to race, some just like to run.

not everyone wants to raid, some just like to play.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Ruuprect's Avatar


Ruuprect
03.29.2012 , 10:46 AM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
not everyone wants to race, some just like to run.

not everyone wants to raid, some just like to play.
I guess I will just agree to disagree with this, but for some raiders it really ruins the idea of progression.

I raid first because it is fun

I also raid because I like the idea of working with others toward an objective to get something unique to that purpose because we were able to do something that many others are not willing/able to do.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Remulan's Avatar


Remulan
03.29.2012 , 10:47 AM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
But if you are not achieving anything to get it what is the point?
They put in a massive amount of time and they deserve to be rewarded for it. I will be full the tier beyond what black hole comms offer before ANYONE gets even half way geared from running dailies, and most other competant raiders will too.

Why does people being able to slowly, almost catch up in gear affect you guys so much? Is it because you are in actuality, horrible raiders with a bad attitude that wants to be better than someone, and since you can't be better than a real raider you need to have superior gear on the fleet to epeen preen?

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
03.29.2012 , 10:49 AM | #416
I'm fine with HM loot being obtainable through commendations. I do hope they make Nightmare Mode loot exclusive to Nightmare Mode when they add it in though.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

oredith's Avatar


oredith
03.29.2012 , 10:58 AM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
I guess I will just agree to disagree with this, but for some raiders it really ruins the idea of progression.

I raid first because it is fun

I also raid because I like the idea of working with others toward an objective to get something unique to that purpose because we were able to do something that many others are not willing/able to do.
  1. if someone else has the same loot as you, does it make your personal achievement less rewarding? - do you walk around fleet, and everytime you see someone with rakata gear, do you feel worse about your own achievements? if so, MMO may not be for you.
  2. "something that many others are not willing/able to do" - are you willing / able to wait, weeks on end, playing only 30 minutes a day, in order to get loot?

    try to gain some perspective. some people have time constraints, work, kids, social obligations, whatever. they may still want more out of the game than just quests, and this provides a means.

bottom line is, if OTHER people's enjoyment of the game differs from yours, and you can not accept that, and not only that, if their difference in enjoyment actively TAKES AWAY your enjoyment of the game, you really should re-evaluate if MMOs are right for you.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Eldercouncil's Avatar


Eldercouncil
03.29.2012 , 11:01 AM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
Can someone explain to me why non raiders want raid gear? There is no accomplishment involved you just get it to get it? The point is raid gear is like a trophy to some raiders, they spent the time putting the groups together and coordinating those people to complete an objective. What purpose does it server for non raiders to get it?
Are raiders really self centered people?, ITs not just raiders and non raiders, there are also people in guilds who are used as a sub eg: Core raider cant make it, would you take a undergeared person in their place or a guildy whos been keeping up with raid gear via weekly quests from Corellia.

Raiders are not the world, Raid gear helps everyone who enjoys PvE which is alot of Swtor world. Gear helps those who solo daily group quests, people who farm monsters to skin for crafting etc, Hardmode Flashpoints etc.
I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the end.
Strike me down and i will rise again more powerfull then ever. For i am the embodiment of the Force.

Cyraxe's Avatar


Cyraxe
03.29.2012 , 11:10 AM | #419
according to another post I saw somewhere, i'll try to find it, you can only get black hole comms from one weekly quest in the new daily area and story mode of the new operation as well as nightmare karagga's palace. The actual daily quests on Corellia still give you daily comms. Then Hard mode EC gives you tokens for Campaign gear.
In blackest day, in brightest night, beware your fears made into light, let those who try to stop what's right, fear my power, THE EMPIRES MIGHT!

Eldercouncil's Avatar


Eldercouncil
03.29.2012 , 11:15 AM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyraxe View Post
according to another post I saw somewhere, i'll try to find it, you can only get black hole comms from one weekly quest in the new daily area and story mode of the new operation as well as nightmare karagga's palace. The actual daily quests on Corellia still give you daily comms. Then Hard mode EC gives you tokens for Campaign gear.

200 daily comms can get you Relics that are better quality then the ones you get from Nightmare mode Ops, in EV and Karagga.
The Weekly Corellia quest gives 6 Black hole Comms, the rest of the dailies only give 1 Daily Comms and 7.8K credits, Group 4+ gives 2 Daily Comms and i think it was 11K Credits.

The new Heroic 4 is made so it cannot be soloed like Belsavis ones by shadows etc.
I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the end.
Strike me down and i will rise again more powerfull then ever. For i am the embodiment of the Force.