Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

Reico
03.18.2012 , 06:00 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)
"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear.

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet?

You do realize that Anet hates raiders and there will be zero endgame raiding, right?
PVPers are the biggest cry babies of any community
Reico Emeir - IOI - Tempest
<I O I>

rkopczak
03.18.2012 , 06:03 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Reico View Post
You do realize that Anet hates raiders and there will be zero endgame raiding, right?
that's exactly why I'm not interested in that game, there will be no end game content for old raiders like we.
For Hope, for Freedom, For the Republic!

The-Vortex
03.18.2012 , 06:04 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
I am getting tied of the elitest attitude from people like you. "The Best Gear is for only Raiders", To hell with the rest of the gaming community. People who don't have countless hours and have real lives that enjoy other things otherthen gaming steill want to have good gear.

So take your pathetic BoHoo story back to WOW and raid until your eyes bleed.
I'm sorry but I just have to stop you right here. You don't need to spend "countless hours" raiding, your telling me you can't take one or two hours out of your life a week to run an operation, yet you want the best gear? How does that make sense. To me it just comes across as a bit entitled - just because you pay a sub every month doesn't mean you can lay claim to everything you see without having to work for it - otherwise what would be the point in playing if you could just login every patch, buy the new gear then log off until the next one?

OT: I highly doubt this would go through, not even Bioware would do something this stupid. Those who put the most time and effort into the game should get the best rewards - thats how its worked for years now and you know what they say - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Deviantsoul
03.18.2012 , 07:36 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
I am getting tied of the elitest attitude from people like you. "The Best Gear is for only Raiders", To hell with the rest of the gaming community. People who don't have countless hours and have real lives that enjoy other things otherthen gaming steill want to have good gear.

So take your pathetic BoHoo story back to WOW and raid until your eyes bleed.
This is the other line of reasoning I get tired of hearing. "I have a real life etc etc etc." Who says? You? Why? Because you choose to what? Go out and get drunk at "social meat markets"? Have kids? Watch tv shows? Who are you to say your life is any more real than anyone elses? For one, if the answer is you have kids, that was your choice buddy. I, like many other people in the world, either chose not to or chose not to have them yet. Or are too young in the first place. Or do not ever want them at all. And if it isnt that but some other answer, guess what! Still your choice.

I work, go to school, socialize with friends, and still manage to set aside 2-3 hours a night, 2 nights a week to raid with...............wait for it...............wait for it.............my friends who also play the game. You know. The same friends I go out and do things with in your so-called real life.

Calinaph
03.18.2012 , 07:57 AM | #35
Wouldn't an easy fix to this have been to come up with a tiered set of gear like pvp gear that you buy with planet commendations (which already exist) that- instead of having "expertise" has "presence" ?

Gavin_Darkl
03.18.2012 , 08:16 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Plaidpants View Post
Can we get some QQ up in here? Wow.
Why dont you go by Skyrim and play Solo if thats what you want. I am not going to pay a monthly subscription for a single player game, or a game that hands out raid gear because the welfare people dont know how to put effort into something.

Gavin_Darkl
03.18.2012 , 08:17 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Battilea View Post
What's the whole point of investing time in solo content if you don't get good gear? I mean, you invest more time to get the item, why should someone who spends 1 hour on a raid get better stuff? Why should 8 hours total of people's time be worth more than, well, say 12 of mine? People who raid are so out of touch with logic.

That's an argument one could just as easily make.

The reality is that, generally, PITA and reward need to be balanced. It is a bigger pain to find and coordinate 4, 8, or 16 people than it is to solo something. Furthermore, devs tend to want to encourage social things, as the bonds we form keep us suckers playing after we'd otherwise have quit. So group stuff tends to reward items either with less time invested or items not attainable solo.

But, well, there's still a balance point. For example, if it takes a year of doing dailies to get the item, is that is okay? Think most of us would say that is just way too much effort to get an item. How about 6 months? 2 months? 1 month? There's some point where the balance lies.

That said, if this daily crap provides better rewards than HM FPs, they need to go back to the drawing board, unless said daily rewards are earned by doing those FPs.

You Do not need good gear to SOLO. End of Story you do not do a DAM thing in game SOLO which you need to become better to do. NOTHING A Level 50 is a Level 50 end of story. You do not raid.

There is no Balance in end game if you do not PVP or Raid, or even run Flashpoints. You want to solo go buy skyrim.

Gavin_Darkl
03.18.2012 , 08:24 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Reico View Post
This is why I am starting to see raiding guilds on my server question what SWTOR as for them if they give out RAID GEAR for soloing.

No one would care if they give out Presence gear because Presence gear is not useful in group content. You Solo players can have all the Presence gear you want. You should have no more then endurance and your primary state on it.

Gavin_Darkl
03.18.2012 , 08:27 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Vortex View Post
I'm sorry but I just have to stop you right here. You don't need to spend "countless hours" raiding, your telling me you can't take one or two hours out of your life a week to run an operation, yet you want the best gear? How does that make sense. To me it just comes across as a bit entitled - just because you pay a sub every month doesn't mean you can lay claim to everything you see without having to work for it - otherwise what would be the point in playing if you could just login every patch, buy the new gear then log off until the next one?

OT: I highly doubt this would go through, not even Bioware would do something this stupid. Those who put the most time and effort into the game should get the best rewards - thats how its worked for years now and you know what they say - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.
/agreed

Raid gear is for people who Raid. If these people want to go do the Story line of raiding and get that raid gear good for them. If someone wants to do Hard modes and just get that gear WOOT. If you down Nightmare content /high5

Thekze
03.18.2012 , 08:29 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)
"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear.

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet?

If you played this game, you would know you can only get earpiece and implants from daily commendations. It will be the same with 1.2.... some pieces only and that's it.

Next? GW2 out yet?? (lawl)