Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

Kanana
03.19.2012 , 07:29 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Melacon View Post
And the solo gamer's do not promote your mmo, your competitive raid and pvp crowds do. It's pretty clear they have kotor 3 as a goal in mind for this game, so be it.
Solo gamers promote a game as much if not more than the "hardcore raiders".

ragamer
03.19.2012 , 07:32 AM | #122
Quote:
If a raider hardcore or casual (like myself) takes the time to learn research what have you to kill a few bosses for gear that in itself might take weeks to drop for you admit it we've all been there that is our choice
And what we do...

...with ppl that DOES BOTH?

How much is going to last that content?

I love "peacefull cohexistance" reassonings that ignore how things really work...

...As I suspect a PvP background I will put the situation in terms "more widely accepted"...

...What would you do if PvP gear could be get on lengthy boring PvE solo grinding sessions AND doing long queues waiting for a WZ?

The above is not the most interesting question...

...What will force you, the WZ lover, to actually have to farm those PvE dailies?

Think on the POWERFULL reasson above and now think that happens on PvE when performance is needed when facing the top challenges, specially when ppl is partially geared.

Rami__
03.19.2012 , 07:34 AM | #123
Pre 1.2:

- T1.1 Tionese available from NM/HM FP content and normal operations
- T1.2 Columi available from HM FP content and normal/HM operations
- T1.3 Rakata available from HM and Nightmare mode operations

- T2.1 Campaign gear available from dailies (might as well by equal to FP) and normal/HM new operation
- T2.2 not yet available, and nor is nightmare mode on the new operation

So you're complaining the 'new Columi' is available in exactly the same way the old Columi is available right now?

They've already noted that Normal mode becomes 'store mode' now and will not have any influence on what gear you get, it's for the story. HM becomes the new base line to getting base line raiding gear, which you currently can get WITHOUT raiding already.

Nightmare mode on the new operation will introduce the next level up and will not be available from solo content just like Rakata isn't. Flashpoints are short enough and small enough to be considered PUGable and thus solo.

Of course, some of you already knew this. The main point here is that there are people who feel a need to have gear that is not available to anyone not playing the game the way they are. And to be honest, I wouldn't complain if it WAS that way, but it isn't and I'm not going to complain either. You'll get your carrot, I'm sure you'll survive a while not being able to stand around in fleet with armour noone else has.

No matter which side of the argument you are on, elitism in MMOs is fading out. Mainstream is the norm and to be honest, I don't mind it half as much as I used to. Then again, the times when I did mind is when I was younger and did not have the IRL obligations I have now. The old guard of raiders is dying out, raiding every single night used to be hardcore, now 3-4 days a week is the norm. Don't worry, you'll get over it too
Having problems with lag or other GFX issues in SWTOR? See this thread for some possibly helpful tips and tricks.

Melacon
03.19.2012 , 07:38 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanana View Post
Solo gamers promote a game as much if not more than the "hardcore raiders".
Ok then

Give me an example of an mmo that is mostly solo content that is also mainstream and successful?

In fact, name one mmo that is considered successful that doesn't have end game raiding?

That's all I ask

Melacon
03.19.2012 , 07:41 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Rami__ View Post
Pre 1.2:

- T1.1 Tionese available from NM/HM FP content and normal operations
- T1.2 Columi available from HM FP content and normal/HM operations
- T1.3 Rakata available from HM and Nightmare mode operations

- T2.1 Campaign gear available from dailies (might as well by equal to FP) and normal/HM new operation
- T2.2 not yet available, and nor is nightmare mode on the new operation

So you're complaining the 'new Columi' is available in exactly the same way the old Columi is available right now?
Didn't read the rest of your post but that's not exactly the same....

If it were the same, Rakata would be accessible from dailies and HM FPs and NMs now would drop higher level tier.

Dailies net you the same gear as HM, that is not the case now.

Endowed
03.19.2012 , 07:42 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gear.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I dont think people understand what drove the hardest of hardcore raiding in mmos.

A: Loot that few others could obtain.

Bioware certainly hasn't the first clue about any aspect of mmos.

Melacon
03.19.2012 , 07:45 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Endowed View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I dont think people understand what drove the hardest of hardcore raiding in mmos.

A: Loot that few others could obtain.

Bioware certainly hasn't the first clue about any aspect of mmos.

For those old schoolers, remember in old EQ when you saw some Shaman or Ranger standing around with his epic? OMG, that's the single memory that drove me to want to play a game and be good at it.

Now I guess I'm just suppose to let my companion kill for me while a watch tv and scratch my butt and buy the best gear from a vendor.

Sad Sad Sad

ragamer
03.19.2012 , 07:46 AM | #128
Quote:
HM becomes the new base line to getting base line raiding gear, which you currently can get WITHOUT raiding already.

Nightmare mode on the new operation will introduce the next level up and will not be available from solo content just like Rakata isn't.
I don't know if you are trolling on purpose or you genuively think your assessment is right.

First of all, nothing is till written on stone, not even the info we are managing, granted... But each detail we now know takes us further to the situation were multiplayer content is obsolete.

Now to your assessment.

HM OP gears you up to Rakata and requires Columi to start. Nightmare mode just boost your Rakata gearing speed at the cost of higher difficulty because EVERYTHING drops Rakata.

As solo player you cannot get Columi gear (Even by playing on 4-man parties you will lack important pieces like main hand weapons... But you can manage without them if you control the fights) because it's the entry point to the HM.

Now lets jump ahead to 1.2... 2 options:

- Rakata Gear is the entry point for new OP HM. Meaning that solo player is not just accessing gear to the entry point, it's just skipping it altogether.

- BH Commendation gear is the entry point for new OP HM. Meaning that progress will be halted now because Rakata gear is obsolete and Guilds will have to farm KP NM and the dailies.

Obviously by "entry point" I mean the minimum gear to have a chance to beat the 1st Boss of the new Tier after the mandatory training is passed.

So doesn't matter how you put the "entry point" the BW "solution" damages multiplayer content desirability... Been the 2nd option the less damaging on the long run, but I'm sure will stress guilds now by inducing a, still uknown, innactivity period until 1.2 really hits live.

EDIT: Any player interested in PvE progression is aware of the above... So if you are mixing PvP gearing paradigm that's used on PvE activities, that's a completely different problem that will be excacerbated on 1.2... But lets keep this simple by not adding even more confusing unknowns.

nyczpete
03.19.2012 , 07:52 AM | #129
Can someone please tell me where in the patch notes that they saw that Corelllia daily quests will reward Black Hole Commendations. I searched the entire list of notes and the only things I can confirm are:

-Corellia will have new dailies
-Black Hole commendation vendor is on Corellia
-Black Hole commendations will be rewarded in nightmare mode KP

In the entirety of the notes, it only says you can get Black Hole commendations in Nightmare KP, not even in the Explosive Conflict (the new operation). If you read through this thread, I am not the only one stating this.

From my understanding. all you'll get from Corellia dailies are more daily commendations, like the ones you already get from Ilum and Belsavis. Someone please go prove me wrong.

I understand that this thread has now become a solo player vs raider flame war, but still, did you guys really expect them to hand out gear from content that can be solo'd vs content that requires grouping in an MMO?

If the Corellia dailies really do give Black Hole comms for gear that is better than current endgame gear, I'd just take my entire raid group to do the solo dailies and get them done in 5 minutes as opposed to taking them through Nightmare KP or EV on raid nights. Is that what you guys really want?

ragamer
03.19.2012 , 07:56 AM | #130
Quote:
Can someone please tell me where in the patch notes that they saw that Corelllia daily quests will reward Black Hole Commendations. I searched the entire list of notes and the only things I can confirm are:
There are reports of testers "confirming" it, just look for them on the PTS forum. Lacking a Dev response is all we have.

Dev silence on this situations, in my experience, is rarely a good sign, btw.