Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

drosalion
03.19.2012 , 05:48 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Darkl View Post
Power adds melee, force and tech damage
Force/Tech Power Found on weapons, works like Power but does not provide melee/ranged damage
Accuracy Gives +hit and gives armor/spell pen over 100%
Crit gives melee, force and tech crit
Surge increased critical damage
Armor reduces physical and kinetic damage (all Tech and Force powers unless listed otherwise are Kinetic)
Defense increases Parry/Deflect (deflect is just ranged parry)
Shield increases chance to be shielded on attack
Absorption increases the % of damage shaved off shielded attacks
Alacrity Cast/channel Haste

None of which you need if you are soloing.

Presence boots companion health, damage and healing

is the only one you will need for Soloing. It makes your companion better. Your character does not need the stat boost if you are not raiding.
Why are those stats not needed for soloing? They all give an advantage to the player. They make the content easier and the character more powerful. How is that they are ONLY useful in an operation? More useful.. perhaps, but they 100% without a doubt have a clear use in soloing, just like they have a use in PVP, or in operations, or doing literally any combat in the game.

Why are all of these stats awarded for gear while levelling solo if they're not needed? Are you telling me you never ever upgraded a piece of gear when it had better secondary stats if the primary stats/endurance were the same? (the fact that it is clearly defined as 'upgrade' should be enough of a tell that it is in fact a benefit and required - even for soloing). I'm sorry but your whole post is just absolutely nonsensical.

If you want there should be a 3rd stat alongside expertise/presence that ONLY functions in operations. And operation gear should have no stats BUT this new stat.

Kiyoma
03.19.2012 , 06:08 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
This allows casual players to get some gear, as well as allowing people that have been shafted by loot to get something. The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gear. People that want to raid should be motivated by challenge. Yes, this is unfavorable because of people's time and hard work spent to get that gear. Getting the second tier of gear isn't too bad though when we have 3 tiers.
who the hell decided raiders aren't motivated by gear? since when?
Kiyoma - 75 Madness Sorcerer - Wound in the Force

DLSilence
03.19.2012 , 06:09 AM | #113
Hmm, I could have sworn I saw bioware mention something about actually putting a tier specific to nightmare, but will be a little delayed and not on immediate 1.2 patch. Removing normal is fine, and as for the OP's quote there, it says "Campaign" 146 gear. This could mean Tionese sets. Like our current daily system giving you those level 50 mods that come out to par with the tionese raid set, which was completely worthless btw, there could logically be a 2nd tier at say.. 148 and the final tier at 150 in a new operation for the Tier 2?? Logic is overwhelming omg.

krinaman
03.19.2012 , 06:32 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Nessirin View Post
They want to be pretty and special and have the things that people put time in for. Their defense is "they don't have time".
You realize that the guy doing dailies is going to put much more time in right?

Nevermind the guy that hits 50 gets carried through the raids and gets full geared in a couple runs. We got a guy in our guild just hit 50 on NM raid day. Gets carried through two NM raids and has enough gear to get carried through the HM raid a couple days later. As the only Jedi Knight needing gear and Knight gear drops 3 to 1 for us he gets 5 rakata the first night. His second week he's got full rakata (maybe missing 1 piece). The guy can't even tell you where the raid is let alone the strats for each boss. Seriously, spare me this "put the time in", "earned it", non-sense.

alifaraaz
03.19.2012 , 06:37 AM | #115
I havnt read the whole thread - nor have I actually been on the PTS to see the specific gear, so apologies if the things I say are stupid.

But maybe the commendation 'gear' means well not all the gear? Like we can currently get the rakata implants and module using daily commendations, it may be something similar with the new dailies?

PalawaJoko
03.19.2012 , 06:47 AM | #116
For fun. Farming dailies is kinda boring but why not have it as a viable option for some people?

E: Meh... Cut the story I wrote :P
..{⋤⋥}_________+
../ΞΞ/‾|└‾⌋_/\∏∏∏/
./Ξ/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

ragamer
03.19.2012 , 07:13 AM | #117
Quote:
Raiding in this game is not hard
I love "Raiding expert" impersonators... If Raiding is "not hard" why you prefer to stay hours doing dailies? Don't bother answering... It's a rethoric question to highlight the hypocresy of some ppl.

They simply want to solo, as simple as that, this is not a matter of performance they are systematically antisocial and the "hard part" for them is agreeing with others on a common schedule to face challenges...

...The same hypocresy they hide by saying "gear shouldn't be a Raider motivation" but for the solo guy that doesn't need it to beat the content, suddenly IS the motivation to resist the "countelss boring hours" of grinding the same repeatable content.

It's the same story... BW will have to choose if this is a solo game or a multiplayer game, one part will stay and the other leave... If after the confusion, that I repeat is general as there are still a lot of uknown details, the paradigm allowing a solo player to access the gear needed to reach the highest Tier of multiplayer content is kept... This will mean BW has already chosen. The only unknown magnitude is when the multiplayer gamers will realize what's going on.

The multiplayer setup BW chosen is extremely fragile because teams are of a very reduced size... You just need 1 or 2 key persons saying "Raiding is too time consuming, I prefer daylies" and whole guilds will be floating around without manpower... From there it's all a spiral down.

The bitter end of all this... Is that the multiplayer gamer needs as much ppl as possible interested in the activity, meanwhile this soloers just want to extinguish us by not having to bother to peek at multiplayer aspects to fullfill whatever goals they have in mind... After they kill multiplayer, obviously, as they will not have anything to envy, they will complain that there is too much grind and that there are better solo games alternatives and the cycle will finnally end with another MMO going F2P.

Melacon
03.19.2012 , 07:18 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by ragamer View Post
I love "Raiding expert" impersonators... If Raiding is "not hard" why you prefer to stay hours doing dailies? Don't bother answering... It's a rethoric question to highlight the hypocresy of some ppl.

They simply want to solo, as simple as that, this is not a matter of performance they are systematically antisocial and the "hard part" for them is agreeing with others on a common schedule to face challenges...

...The same hypocresy they hide by saying "gear shouldn't be a Raider motivation" but for the solo guy that doesn't need it to beat the content, suddenly IS the motivation to resist the "countelss boring hours" of grinding the same repeatable content.

It's the same story... BW will have to choose if this is a solo game or a multiplayer game, one part will stay and the other leave... If after the confusion, that I repeat is general, the paradigm allowing a solo player to access the gear needed to reach the highest Tier of multiplayer content... This will mean BW has already chosen. The only unknown magnitude is when the multiplayer players will realize what's going on.

The bitter end of all this... Is that the multiplayer gamer needs as much ppl as possible interested in the activity, meanwhile this soloers just want to extinguish us by not having to bother to peek at multiplayer aspects to fullfill whatever goals they have in mind.
And the solo gamer's do not promote your mmo, your competitive raid and pvp crowds do. It's pretty clear they have kotor 3 as a goal in mind for this game, so be it.

chaseer
03.19.2012 , 07:27 AM | #119
Just my 2cents take from it what you will.

If a player wants to run dailies for weeks on end for raid gear so be it, thats his/her choice to make.

If a raider hardcore or casual (like myself) takes the time to learn research what have you to kill a few bosses for gear that in itself might take weeks to drop for you admit it we've all been there that is our choice also raiders just have an extra avenue towards said peice of gear we just get the added bonus of saying we killed xxx boss which is what were in there for anyway

ragamer
03.19.2012 , 07:28 AM | #120
Quote:
And the solo gamer's do not promote your mmo, your competitive raid and pvp crowds do. It's pretty clear they have kotor 3 as a goal in mind for this game, so be it.
I don't think any company would have any degree of success convincing their solo playerbase to keep a 15 bucks/month on top of the "box" cost to play KOTOR 3.

I just think some1 high on the hychearchy is just taking decissions looking at a small detail regarding sub drops and at the same time lacks the social experience to know what's needed to reach 10 years in the MMO bussiness...

...It's one of those small steps that seems like a good idea when you focus your attention on a portion of your playerbase and you lack the expertise to understand what will happen with another portion.