Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question regarding 30days gametime from buying a digital copy !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Question regarding 30days gametime from buying a digital copy !

Creohan
12.16.2011 , 01:19 PM | #1
Hi , sorry if this question has been already asked , but it is still not clear to me ... I bought off Origin.com a digital copy with 30 days game time included ... my question is MUST I also pay additional game time (w/ credit card or pre-paid card) in ORDER TO RECEIVE the 30 days ?? ...or this "reccurent subscription" is a way register a subcription plan , but I WONT be billed until the 30 days game time from purchasing the digital copy , have expired ??

Thank you for your time
Peace is a Lie !

Sviinet
12.16.2011 , 01:20 PM | #2
It's like you mentioned last. You won't be billed until your 30 days of game time that comes with the box have ended, but you still have to register a subscription option or game-time code to be able to continue playing after the early game access has ended. =)

Good luck in-game!
What you just read was written by a crazy MMO-vet viking.

Founder of the Swedish guild Ruthless - Website - Forums

Creohan
12.16.2011 , 01:26 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sviinet View Post
It's like you mentioned last. You won't be billed until your 30 days of game time that comes with the box have ended, but you still have to register a subscription option or game-time code to be able to continue playing after the early game access has ended. =)

Good luck in-game!
Thank you for answering but , what I essentially asked is if you ARE FORCED to select a subscription method in order TO GET ACCESS to the initial 30 days or not. Cause the game sure suggest so.

Thanks
Peace is a Lie !

pocketthesaurus
12.16.2011 , 01:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Creohan View Post
Thank you for answering but , what I essentially asked is if you ARE FORCED to select a subscription method in order TO GET ACCESS to the initial 30 days or not. Cause the game sure suggest so.

Thanks
Unfortunately, yes, it seems as though you are required to enter some sorta payment info. I think it's kinda stupid, considering most of the popular games don't do that these days... It's like a relic from the past.

kookyabird
12.16.2011 , 01:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketthesaurus View Post
Unfortunately, yes, it seems as though you are required to enter some sorta payment info. I think it's kinda stupid, considering most of the popular games don't do that these days... It's like a relic from the past.
By forcing a subscription method on players now it helps prevent problems with people forgetting to do it, or having long delays in card approval after the first 30 days are up.

pocketthesaurus
12.16.2011 , 02:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kookyabird View Post
By forcing a subscription method on players now it helps prevent problems with people forgetting to do it, or having long delays in card approval after the first 30 days are up.
Okay, but for people who don't have a credit card, they are forcing them to buy game time ahead of time. What if I play for 30 days and don't want to play anymore? Oh, I had to buy a game card because I don't have a credit card... Now I'm out that money, too.

Seems a bit on the shady side to me.

kookyabird
12.16.2011 , 02:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketthesaurus View Post
Okay, but for people who don't have a credit card, they are forcing them to buy game time ahead of time. What if I play for 30 days and don't want to play anymore? Oh, I had to buy a game card because I don't have a credit card... Now I'm out that money, too.

Seems a bit on the shady side to me.
I think that anyone who doesn't have access to a credit or debit card probably shouldn't be playing a game that requires a subscription. You could always try adding a credit/debit card and then removing it right away. I've done that for many "first month free" services and never had a problem with it.