Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need some customer service

Darth_Sauce
12.13.2011 , 10:13 AM | #1
Let me start by saying this isn't about early access at all. I've gotten the email, but sadly, I've been locked out of the account for a week because of the SQA now, and Bioware's only method to unlock this is to call.

Hold times exceed thirty minutes, and yes I've sat there listening to the john Williams hold music waiting. Today, the automated answer says they're busy and hangs up on you. Bioware and EA - WoW, Rift, Warhammer, Age of Conan, all had easy to use log in and security features, including account recovery options. At launch, you're denying calls because of the sheer volume when you need to be showing you're different and providing the best service of them all.

There are more then just me who are locked out and can't get back in. Please, add some more agents to do some live chat options, and give us the option to answer one of the other 4 security answers if we can't answer the first. My online bank's don't ask me for my first grade teacher's last name, why does my video game?

Raan
12.13.2011 , 10:14 AM | #2
What worked for me was to wait 15-30 minutes then reset your password on the website. This cleared the security lock question and I could get logged back into the website and client.

Darth_Sauce
12.13.2011 , 10:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Raan View Post
What worked for me was to wait 15-30 minutes then reset your password on the website. This cleared the security lock question and I could get logged back into the website and client.
Thanks for the reply, I've reset my password twice now unfortunately and each time I login and it asks me for the same question, but I appreciate you taking the time to answer

SSGJester
12.13.2011 , 10:22 AM | #4
I called yesterday put it on speaker and played MW3 for 3 and 1/2 hours before they answered; they were really friendly and helpful though.

Humblepie
12.13.2011 , 10:24 AM | #5
Both my wifes and sons accounts can no longer be logged into....keeps saying 'login failed'. This has been going on since the end on the second beta weekend. I have no problem logging into my account. The same thing occurred between the 1st and 2nd betas. Somehow I think they're SOL now that all resources are focused on the launch. I put in another ticket but if its as useless a reply as the last one "dear sir, clear the cookies from your browser" I'm not holding much hope
...so I fired two warning shots. Into his head.

Raan
12.13.2011 , 10:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Sauce View Post
Thanks for the reply, I've reset my password twice now unfortunately and each time I login and it asks me for the same question, but I appreciate you taking the time to answer
Did you wait a bit of time before you reset your password? Lock outs can release after a certian amount of time when no activity is detected.

Modernpreacher
12.13.2011 , 10:25 AM | #7
Fairly long thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645

There's a few things to try in there, while you're in purgatory. I mean, hold.

MrDeas
12.13.2011 , 10:26 AM | #8
I hate the auto hangup features. I'd rather sit there with the phone on hold than have to constantly ring trying to randomly catch a split second when it does go through
Gandalf knows what to do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mgDXRY5fM

Darth_Sauce
12.13.2011 , 10:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Raan View Post
Did you wait a bit of time before you reset your password? Lock outs can release after a certian amount of time when no activity is detected.
Well i'll give it a shot again then, its about 9:30 so i'll try again at 10.

Darth_Sauce
12.13.2011 , 12:52 PM | #10
I waited about 40 mins after my final attempt to log in, then without trying to again, reset the password, and logged in with the new pw. It's still asking the same security question it's locked me out with