Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

Sivenom
03.17.2012 , 03:43 PM | #21
Malgus would win simply because his whole.... thing to him is that he's a warrior with brains, skill, and sheer power behind him. The chick got lucky for the most aprt in the two confrontations, and even says she's not all that keen on fighting him. Not because she knows she'll win but that she DOESN'T...

Unless, of course, she has some grenades on her and they were fighting next to a very large drop. Then Malgus is as good as dead. Seriously. Who the HELL builds their seat of power with a bottomless pit.
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed. -- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

Dayshadow
03.17.2012 , 03:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivenom View Post
Malgus would win simply because his whole.... thing to him is that he's a warrior with brains, skill, and sheer power behind him. The chick got lucky for the most aprt in the two confrontations, and even says she's not all that keen on fighting him. Not because she knows she'll win but that she DOESN'T...

Unless, of course, she has some grenades on her and they were fighting next to a very large drop. Then Malgus is as good as dead. Seriously. Who the HELL builds their seat of power with a bottomless pit.
That fact that you don't kill him outright probably means he's still alive.

If Darth Maul's torso can survive a bottomless pit and Malgus survived being buried in boulders... I'm thinking he's still kicking somewhere. Next time he'll probably be a solo boss though. TOR's future "Wraith of th Lich King".
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Kilikaa
03.17.2012 , 03:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
The whole "she was just charging up her next attack with lightsaber juice and was going to beat Malgus without the trooper's intervention" part. That theory.
This I will concede to you. I have not yet read the journal in my CE so I was unaware of that admission from her. I am actually unwilling to open it. I'm afraid of damaging a page lol.

Dayshadow
03.17.2012 , 03:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
This I will concede to you. I have not yet read the journal in my CE so I was unaware of that admission from her. I am actually unwilling to open it. I'm afraid of damaging a page lol.
It around page 72.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Korhalll
03.17.2012 , 03:59 PM | #25
The fact is that all the canonical evidence points to Malgus being the better fighter and there is absolutely no evidence that suggests that would ever have changed. Some people are only *hoping* that she would've become equal or better than him later when she became Grandmaster, but there is absolutely no proof to back up those hopes. I'm not saying they're wrong, but there's more evidence that they're wrong than there is that they're right.

He was better than her when he helped retake Korriban. He was still better than her on Alderaan. There's nothing to suggest that his power would remain stagnant while she continues to grow in hers. The Sith only respect strength and power, and obviously he had enough of it to convince people that he rivaled the Emperor and they named him the new Emperor and created a new Empire group under his command that took the combined forces of both the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire to bring down.

Kilikaa
03.17.2012 , 04:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Korhalll View Post
The fact is that all the canonical evidence points to Malgus being the better fighter and there is absolutely no evidence that suggests that would ever have changed. Some people are only *hoping* that she would've become equal or better than him later when she became Grandmaster, but there is absolutely no proof to back up those hopes. I'm not saying they're wrong, but there's more evidence that they're wrong than there is that they're right.
Unless they go at it again we'll probably never know for certain either way.

Lucpol
03.17.2012 , 04:09 PM | #27
An unstoppable force meets an immovable object...

In the end the Dark side would prevail.

p.s

Long live the EMpire!

Sivenom
03.17.2012 , 04:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
That fact that you don't kill him outright probably means he's still alive.

If Darth Maul's torso can survive a bottomless pit and Malgus survived being buried in boulders... I'm thinking he's still kicking somewhere. Next time he'll probably be a solo boss though. TOR's future "Wraith of th Lich King".
Still, that's like.... at least number 5 on the "top 25 things you should never, EVER, put next to your seat of power" right up there with shark tanks, acid vats, power cores, and lazers.

At least Darth Maul wasn't intentionally sitting there reigning over people with an iron fist of certainty. Got to give it to the guy though. He's a trooper.

....... I would also love a Wrath of the New Emperor Malgus expansion. Can get enough of the wrinkled old guy.
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed. -- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

iloveicarly
03.17.2012 , 05:13 PM | #29
hope you guys are enjoying the discussion :D

Temeluchus
03.17.2012 , 05:16 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by vihkan View Post
satele wins! malgus would be distracted by her breasts
Since many years have passed since the cinematics, I doubt Malgus would be distracted by her breasts unless he's into older women.

If anything, Satele is more inclined to trip over them and fall creating an easy kill for Malgus.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.