Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

gibmachine's Avatar


gibmachine
03.17.2012 , 03:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
No he did not. MAYBE he would have in the Return trailer, but he failed to do so. In Hope he could not beat her. She stopped his saber strike with her bare hand and was building her Force energy to estroy his weapon AND blast him as well. Just because Jace intervened does not mean Malgus had her beat. He intervened because that is what friends do. Now take Satele as the Grand Master and put her against Malgus and it's no contest...Satele Shan wins

I said it before and I will say it again, If Malgus is so much more powerful then he should have Beaten Satele and Jace together. The fact he let a non-Force user even manage to detonate an explosive device in his face shows he is not the more powerful Force user.
There is this thing in Collector's Edition called Satele's Journal or something like that. In it, it is clearly stated that he had her beat and only thing that stopped him from killing her was Jace's intervention. There is also a mention about how she is actually scared of fighting him again, going as far as calling him a monster.

So yeah, stop intepreting the cinematic the way you'd like it to be. There is ZERO evidence that she was "building her energy to wtfpwn Malgus". He disarmed her and even though his saber was crackling, he was pressing down on her with Satele's expression saying pretty much about how she felt at the moment.

That said,

If we consider Malgus in False Emperor (which is basically him at the peak of his power) and Satele as Grand Master (same as Malgus), I'd say they're about equal although I wouldn't mind another cinematic with them going at each other. Not gonna happen though.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
03.17.2012 , 03:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
There is this thing in Collector's Edition called Satele's Journal or something like that. In it, it is clearly stated that he had her beat and only thing that stopped him from killing her was Jace's intervention. There is also a mention about how she is actually scared of fighting him again, going as far as calling him a monster.

So yeah, stop intepreting the cinematic the way you'd like it to be. There is ZERO evidence that she was "building her energy to wtfpwn Malgus". He disarmed her and even though his saber was crackling, he was pressing down on her with Satele's expression saying pretty much about how she felt at the moment.

That said,

If we consider Malgus in False Emperor (which is basically him at the peak of his power) and Satele as Grand Master (same as Malgus), I'd say they're about equal although I wouldn't mind another cinematic with them going at each other. Not gonna happen though.
You'd be scared to face him also, look how ugly he is, lol. Seriously though, he should have beaten both Jace and Satele and he could not. She may be afraid of him but that doesn't mean at their current levels he has a chance against her. After so many years of feeding on the Darkside his body is failing, though he would never admit it. Sith are just too arrogant.

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
03.17.2012 , 03:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by iloveicarly View Post
yeah but she was a knight he was a darth she did well
Those titles mean nothing for Jedi. There are padawans who are stronger than masters.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
03.17.2012 , 03:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
No he did not. MAYBE he would have in the Return trailer, but he failed to do so. In Hope he could not beat her. She stopped his saber strike with her bare hand and was building her Force energy to estroy his weapon AND blast him as well. Just because Jace intervened does not mean Malgus had her beat. He intervened because that is what friends do. Now take Satele as the Grand Master and put her against Malgus and it's no contest...Satele Shan wins

I said it before and I will say it again, If Malgus is so much more powerful then he should have Beaten Satele and Jace together. The fact he let a non-Force user even manage to detonate an explosive device in his face shows he is not the more powerful Force user.
The journal that comes with the CE begs to differ. Satele explicitely states that she was beaten, would have died and has the trooper to thank for being alive. Furthermore she dreaded the idea of facing him again. Sorry, but your imaginative highly conjecturized theories are canonically wrong.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
03.17.2012 , 03:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
The journal that comes with the CE begs to differ. Satele explicitely states that she was beaten and has the trooper to thank for being alive. Furthermore she would dread to face him again. Sorry, but your imaginative highly conjecturized theories are canonically wrong.
Which part is theory? The part where Malgus should have beaten a pair of enemies and couldn't or the part where I said his body is starting to fail due to so much use of the Darkside? Those aren't theories. How many Jedi/Sith have tackled multiple enemies at once and won? How many Sith have has their bodies weaken over a few decades? Even Dath bane's body was weaking after only a couple decades.

Lightmaguz's Avatar


Lightmaguz
03.17.2012 , 03:34 PM | #16
Satele was far from her peak power when she faced Malgus it was during the war, in the end it doesn't matter who or what wins. The will of the force is done either way... And I'd say the force is on Satele's side so far.

To be fair, Malgus isn't even on the council, aren't those the most powerful sith other than the Emperor and his personal servants(the wrath for example.)?

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
03.17.2012 , 03:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Which part is theory? The part where Malgus should have beaten a pair of enemies and couldn't or the part where I said his body is starting to fail due to so much use of the Darkside? Those aren't theories. How many Jedi/Sith have tackled multiple enemies at once and won? How many Sith have has their bodies weaken over a few decades? Even Dath bane's body was weaking after only a couple decades.
The whole "she was just charging up her next attack with lightsaber juice and was going to beat Malgus without the trooper's intervention" part. That theory.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Azzras's Avatar


Azzras
03.17.2012 , 03:36 PM | #18
I like this thread.

My vote's on Satele.

The force is strong with her.
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
03.17.2012 , 03:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightmaguz View Post
Satele was far from her peak power when she faced Malgus it was during the war, in the end it doesn't matter who or what wins. The will of the force is done either way... And I'd say the force is on Satele's side so far.

To be fair, Malgus isn't even on the council, aren't those the most powerful sith other than the Emperor and his personal servants(the wrath for example.)?
Malgus didn't want to be on the council. He is the end boss for the entire game. He is the strongest sith faced so far. Only the emperor - the actual emperor, not his Voice or whatever, is probably stronger amongst the characters we know of.

The Bounty Hunter can solo a dark council member. The sith warrior solos one and he is not a council member.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Jett-Rinn's Avatar


Jett-Rinn
03.17.2012 , 03:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzras View Post
I like this thread.

My vote's on Satele.

The force is strong with her.
Yeah even Drew and Daniel said Satele would win..and they wrote the stuff to begin with.