Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

Master-Nala
02.11.2013 , 11:44 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Killbillagain View Post
qft lol ... on a side note .. and im preparing to be severely flamed here... but i think Vader could have taken both of them easily.. maybe not both at once.. but ....
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Vader in the height of his power would have been canonically more powerful than either of them.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

Slowpokeking
02.11.2013 , 11:47 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Wow, this is an old thread.

I would have to go with Satele for this one. Both of them have grown in power and skill so much since their previous encounter that it is tough to call, but I think Satele's strength in The Force would overcome the sheer ferocity that Malgus is characterized by.
Malgus still fought on the frontline a lot, I think Malgus is more powerful.

Slowpokeking
02.11.2013 , 11:48 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
Based on the Hope trailer I'd say that Darth Malgus is superior in outright combat. The Return trailer doesn't really count; she was to young to really judge her performance.

However, I'd say that by the time the game takes place, both of them are likely beyond the height of their physical ability. Of course the strength of a Jedi or Sith grows as their understanding of the Force grows - Yoda has difficulties to walk without a stick if he doesn't use the Force to do so, but moves like a bouncy ball on coke if he does - but from a purely physical point of view there is no way a woman in her early forties perform as as well as in her mid-twenties.

(personally I always thought Yoda uses the stick only to cheat the health insurance)

Of course - after the "The False Emperor" I would definitely set my money on Satele Shan.
Malgus is only 1 year older than Satele Shan.

GhostDrone
02.11.2013 , 12:30 PM | #104
Malgus would absolutely decimate her in a 1v1 fight.

Obviously, the only actual reason she's ever "won" in "Hope" was because Jace Malcom decided to (rudely) intervene and cripple Malgus for a short time, allowing Satele could conjure up her HADOUKEN.

And if you read the Deceived novel; Malgus was STILL in a condition to fight after that.

It's been some time since i've read the novel; but i think he actually managed to defeat two Jedi within a huge burst of rage (That obviously made him shrug off all the pain the injuries caused).
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Nigredo
02.11.2013 , 12:39 PM | #105
one is dead so the other must win by default...
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

Wolfninjajedi
02.11.2013 , 02:28 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Vader in the height of his power would have been canonically more powerful than either of them.
He is, Malgus is so much alike of Vader a likeable character but he is very Vader like. Though nowhere near as powerful.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

GhostDrone
02.11.2013 , 04:49 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He is, Malgus is so much alike of Vader a likeable character but he is very Vader like. Though nowhere near as powerful.
Fun fact: Apparently, Sidious actually discovered a long lost Journal Malgus had.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Journal_of_Darth_Malgus

So, there's another little bit that connects Malgus and Vader.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

HexMasterIG
08.19.2013 , 07:28 PM | #108
I was reading through the thread cus I was bored as F*** and I have to say I'm enjoying myself. So far in the canon Malgus is winning hardcore and a bunch of butthurt Jedi fans just won't accept that the empire's main man is better than Satele. Personally Star Wars is the one of the only series where I back the bad guys so yes I have a bias sue me. But if the Jedi fans can remember the events within the original trilogy....hmmm who won.... uhh i forget
Then theres the legacy series which I just started so.....I don't know what happens but I'm assuming the jedi win or something or its a cliff hanger to where the jedi keep fighting, if I'm wrong about my assumption for Legacy feel free to correct me. Just ya know try not to spoil it for me.
"just ya know try not to spoil it for me."
........and let the trolling begin

GorfianDoomster
08.19.2013 , 08:33 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnokar View Post
Yeah but this is SHAUN were talking about here.....
Ok...she has an extremely rare ability that allows her to absorb a lightsaber WITH HER BARE HANDS. Enough said. That, and the Battle Meditation she inherited from Bastilla.

BacaWicket
08.19.2013 , 10:50 PM | #110
malgus>shan which makes me wonder since shan is leading the pubs in voidstar and is in charge of the jedi and same is for marr and the sith cuz hes like the alpha of the dark counsel