I am a lvl 13 commando healer and loving it..but should I quit now?

Finrok

Sadly, it does seem that way. I wouldn't say to stop leveling him, but I would definitely take up a backup plan/new main for the majority of your leveling for now.

Since 13 is only about 1-2 hours of wasted game play now would be the perfect time for you to reroll.

1-2 hours? In what world? It takes 3 hours or so for an experienced player to get off Ord Mantell. You're usually 10-11 by then, the next couple of levels come quicker, but still another 45+ mins unless you spacebar through every single convo... even then you're going to have it stack up.

I spent quite a few hours getting my Commando to 45 just to see some genious wreck the class just when I really started getting good with him. I'm going back to WOW if they follow through with this. If bio thinks they have class imbalance that's something they should have addressed before they released the game to millions of people. Waiting until their customer start actually having fun then wrecking their class is just stupid. I'm out of here.

I spent quite a few hours getting my Commando to 45 just to see some genious wreck the class just when I really started getting good with him. I'm going back to WOW if they follow through with this. If bio thinks they have class imbalance that's something they should have addressed before they released the game to millions of people. Waiting until their customer start actually having fun then wrecking their class is just stupid. I'm out of here.

Cause WoW never makes radical Balance changes. It's not like Ret paladins went from being useless to the most OP class in 1 patch. Or Resto Druids when from being the most used healer in Arenas to rarely used. Chill out, stop raging.

re roll. you're going to be useless as of 1.2.

Really, useless?

Just unbelievable.

I have my combat medic as my main, and i'm sure i'll have no problems getting into groups through the connections I know in my server.

Seriously, this much paranoia will kill new players who want to play a class, but get scared off by the people on the forums.

Cause WoW never makes radical Balance changes. It's not like Ret paladins went from being useless to the most OP class in 1 patch. Or Resto Druids when from being the most used healer in Arenas to rarely used. Chill out, stop raging.

One of the main reasons I left wow was they constantly changed the mechanics of the classes in an effort to satisfy everyone which some people (like me) understand to be impossible. They should have left it alone. Given both games are now going to play the "nerf the fun classes" game, I prefer WOW with the D3 package. Later, I just cancelled.

Really, useless?

Just unbelievable.

I have my combat medic as my main, and i'm sure i'll have no problems getting into groups through the connections I know in my server.

Seriously, this much paranoia will kill new players who want to play a class, but get scared off by the people on the forums.

I would love to see your face when you log on to 1.2 for the first time and realize just how broken your medic is.

How about I log in first day of 1.2. and post in the forums the minor changes (Which are not even final yet!)...cuz I don't overreact.

To copy something I read elsewhere and is very much true, it's the fact they are even contemplating it.

Combat Medics are not the strongest healing class and lack a lot of things compared to the Sage, why is it that the devs have chosen to nerf the weaker healing class more and how exactly does that fill us with confidence that they can get that and other stuff right, when they keep making huge errors ??? :rolleyes:

Yeah, but nobody with any sense ever cared about ret paladins :p.

And there was fallout from them breaking resto druids. A lot of players, including top PvPers, abandoned the spec or the game completely.

Edit: Blizzard makes mistakes, but their mistakes tend to be (1) over buffing in ridiculous ways (rets, DKs) or (2) allowing broken specs to stay broken (caster druids, DPS shaman, hunters, etc.).

It's pretty rare that Blizz makes sweeping changes to multiple classes like this, outside of expansions. That alone should give Bioware a clue.

Edited by Dayfax

Any reason to level anymore since commando healers after 1.2 are going to be a joke right?

If you like it, keep playing it. Worse comes to worst, you can always respec DPS.

I'd also suggest having an alt backup of some kind, maybe a straight melee toon or a tank. That way, if 1.2 rolls around and you decide the Commando isn't for you, you're still left with another toon to play.

I will admit that I found the nerfs rather out of nowhere.

However, I keep in mind that this is an ever changing game. Things are not set in stone!

If the changes are as class breaking as people are saying, things will change. If not, then people have all the right to complain/ask for change.

The thing is, aside from PTS player, we don't know how it will work in game. After the patch is implemented, and if changes are not made, then people should go to the forums and voice their complaints, etc.

I wouldn't worry, it's not nerfing so hard, commando will require more skill to handle, but there will be changes in 1.2 with pvp math that are not in patch notes so after all, there will be different numbers poping up.

Really only time will show.

Things are fine now and will be fine after the patch, even if nothing changes. If you prefer to base your game decisions on forum gossip and whining, don't just stop playing your commando, stop playing MMO's altogether. Break out your Xbox of Playstation.

• 3 weeks later...
Any reason to level anymore since commando healers after 1.2 are going to be a joke right?

Commando healing is already the weakest by far in pvp, existing only to make Sages and Scoundrels look even better due to our 5% healing increase bomb. Plus the ammo problem makes them weaker even than Mercs.

Just unsub and let BW know that you did it because of 1.2 patch notes.

Already unsubbed due to the blatant Empire favoritism but that was slated to be fixed in 1.2 and I hadn't gotten my Commando to 50 yet so was considering resub. Now? Not if the nerf goes through even though I love my tank.

This unbalance makes things not fun. Games are for fun.

I could fix the character by changing her to be a Vanguard... oh wait.

Edited by Leiralei

Commando healing is already the weakest by far in pvp, existing only to make Sages and Scoundrels look even better due to our 5% healing increase bomb. Plus the ammo problem makes them weaker even than Mercs.

Already unsubbed due to the blatant Empire favoritism but that was slated to be fixed in 1.2 and I hadn't gotten my Commando to 50 yet so was considering resub. Now? Not if the nerf goes through even though I love my tank.

This unbalance makes things not fun. Games are for fun.

I could fix the character by changing her to be a Vanguard... oh wait.

Its not Biowares fault Empires got more players, thats people choice.