Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouse cursor won't appear in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Mouse cursor won't appear in game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arganamis
12.16.2011 , 01:14 PM | #1
Just loaded up the game, received my code. I can move my mouse around because I see button highlighted however I can't see the mouse cursor itself. I've tried CTRL-U twice, Alt-Tab, restarting game, restarting machine.. nothing works. I've updated graphic card, directx, and all windows patches up to date. I have made it in game and can walk around but I see no cursor on the screen... any ideas?

Arganamis
12.16.2011 , 01:16 PM | #2
I don't see a mouse cursor from the very beginning I should also state, that meant during character selection I was just hovering real slow to make my choices. Wierd.

Arganamis
12.16.2011 , 01:27 PM | #3
I wish these forums had a search feature

MadSteez
01.11.2012 , 03:38 AM | #4
same problem here, they really need to patch these things. Im just going by what I can see my mouse is highlighting at the moment but its proving to be very frustrating

JaymeLM
01.23.2012 , 06:58 AM | #5
I just had this problem and fixed it by turning off pointer trails on my mouse.

Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Mouse. Go to the pointer options tab then turn off display pointer trails.

Just figured I'd throw that out there so someone in the future can fix the problem faster than I did.

Sutii
01.23.2012 , 08:43 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

We are aware of certain issues with the mouse cursor which should be addressed in an upcoming patch. We regret we will be unable to provide further updates on this, but recommend checking future patch notes, which can be found here, for any up to date information.

Additionally you can monitor the Public Test Server for potential upcoming fixes and changes, the patch notes for the Public Test Server can normally be found stickied within the Public Test Server Forum. Please note that the Public Test Server Patch Notes are not final, and can be subject to change.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support