Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Medium/Heavy Social Armor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No Medium/Heavy Social Armor?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkSeverance
03.17.2012 , 11:40 AM | #1
I had thought Medium/Heavy Social armor was available. From what I read from the guild summit social armor will no longer be light armor exclusive and should be useable by all without taking a stat loss. I'm only seeing the Light Armor (but then again I'm also only a Sage that uses light armor anyways).

Do those that wear Medium/Heavy armor see different base armor stats depending on their armor efficiency? Can someone who is Medium/Heavy user can check out the Coruscant social vendor to check please.

Coruscant Social Armor
Formal Jacket (Chest) : Armor - 7, Requires Light Armor or above

Talorra
03.17.2012 , 01:18 PM | #2
On Coruscant, at the upper level before going down to the Vendor/GTN area, there are four class vendors that sell "Legacy" gear.

These appear to have the Medium/Heavy custom gear. I can't find any social stuff.

And Sentinels get a moddable belt and bracer with this, finally.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

mrfoughtforever
03.17.2012 , 03:59 PM | #3
Could someone check the social gear vendors please?

mrfoughtforever
03.17.2012 , 04:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
On Coruscant, at the upper level before going down to the Vendor/GTN area, there are four class vendors that sell "Legacy" gear.

These appear to have the Medium/Heavy custom gear. I can't find any social stuff.

This has me curious. How much is this Legacy gear? Are there tiers? Could you post screenshots?

GeorgZoeller
03.17.2012 , 04:20 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
As mentioned at the Guild Summit, we are working on a system that makes Social Gear adapt to the armor class of the wearer. However, that system will not be in 1.2. but in a subsequent patch.

Musezy
03.17.2012 , 08:51 PM | #6
That was NOT what I understood. I was lead to believe that more social armors where being added (including medium and heavy) and that it was coming in 1.2.

This is yet another misleading and frustrating let down from the PTS patch notes.

╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝
SIGN THIS PETITION TO HAVE HAMMER SHOT'S LASER BEAM OF DEATH REMOVED FROM PVP.

mrfoughtforever
03.17.2012 , 09:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
As mentioned at the Guild Summit, we are working on a system that makes Social Gear adapt to the armor class of the wearer. However, that system will not be in 1.2. but in a subsequent patch.
That seems unnecessary, but thanks for the response. Wouldn't it be easier to just add medium and heavy versions of the gear?

Dakirn
03.17.2012 , 09:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mrfoughtforever View Post
That seems unnecessary, but thanks for the response. Wouldn't it be easier to just add medium and heavy versions of the gear?
That's a bandaid, not a fix.

There's no reason to have 2 extra items in the database for every piece of social armor in the game. They want to fix the root cause of the problem.

Until then.. you'll have to work with what you have, just like always.

And for the record for the other poster above, you weren't misled. You read the notes wrong. It was clearly stated at the Guild Summit that it wouldn't be in 1.2.

Elysith
03.18.2012 , 12:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post

Are they kinda like social gear ? Empty Orange armors? Do they have any requirement such as Legacy level ?

Sherrrlock
03.18.2012 , 02:32 AM | #10
What is subsequent patch? 1.2.1? or 1.3? So we have to wait several months?