Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New 1.2 Ops requires 2 days of Dailys to clear!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
New 1.2 Ops requires 2 days of Dailys to clear!?

Talorra
03.17.2012 , 01:57 PM | #11
There is an artifice and armstech pattern to craft these things. Mat cost is low-ish.

So no, you don't have to farm dailies for it.

Here you go:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...2-58-22-98.png
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

iimagiicii
03.17.2012 , 01:59 PM | #12
It's 1 day of dailies

Corellia will have them now too.
Cry'sta Superbeast Orihime'Inoue'
Cr'ysta O'bito

Jedi Covenant

Wallach
03.17.2012 , 02:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
There is an artifice and armstech pattern to craft these things. Mat cost is low-ish.

Here you go:

That is good.

Still, this idea in general is not good game design. There's nothing interesting to this mechanic. I feel like they shouldn't need to make this kind of mistake themselves to know that considering how many years of MMOs there are to learn from.

Sivenom
03.17.2012 , 02:11 PM | #14
For all we definitively know right now, it could be just something for tanks, or for healers, or for that one guy who is going to always get sucked inside the sword room. Cool for a little bit on the rage; we just don't KNOW as fact yet.

As suggested earlier by someone, it very well could be a gimmick in the PTR to get some testing done on the dailies to avoid another Recover the Shipment mishap. If that's the case, more power to them. And also linked above someone mentioned a crafting recipe for it. That'll be another good way for those who can't o the dailies to do it (even manage to stock up for your guild).

I'd say we still need a little more info before the rage. But it IS quite an interesting idea, for better or worse is yet to be said.
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed. -- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

Rookss
03.17.2012 , 03:01 PM | #15

Here you go:

And I see that it is not BoP (or at least doesn't say BoP) on the crafted version... Thank god for that, then. I don't mind shelling out the credits to avoid doing the dailies over and over and over again. I see artifice making credits hand over foot with these things for the first month after 1.2 release.

Unfortunately I bet the only way for them to get the schematic is to RE the version they get from the dailies... or is it learn-able from vendor? Whatever - We'll find out.. But this really is better than ONLY having it available through dailies.

Wallach
03.17.2012 , 03:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rookss View Post
And I see that it is not BoP (or at least doesn't say BoP) on the crafted version... Thank god for that, then. I don't mind shelling out the credits to avoid doing the dailies over and over and over again. I see artifice making credits hand over foot with these things for the first month after 1.2 release.

Unfortunately I bet the only way for them to get the schematic is to RE the version they get from the dailies... or is it learn-able from vendor? Whatever - We'll find out.. But this really is better than ONLY having it available through dailies.
I don't think crafters even make BoP stuff anymore.

Talorra
03.17.2012 , 03:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rookss View Post

The schematic is sold for a whopping 10 daily comms. Check my screenshot again.

The pain with this way is the Perfect Upari Crystal. I camped the heroic area for over an hour and got one spawn, that yielded one crystal. So I made myself one of these.

Not exactly a huge money maker if the spawn rate is that low.

Wallach
03.17.2012 , 03:35 PM | #18
The schematic is sold for a whopping 10 daily comms. Check my screenshot again.

The pain with this way is the Perfect Upari Crystal. I camped the heroic area for over an hour and got one spawn, that yielded one crystal. So I made myself one of these.

Not exactly a huge money maker if the spawn rate is that low.
Does the Armstech one also use that crystal, or does it use an Investigation blue material?

Talorra
03.17.2012 , 03:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
Does the Armstech one also use that crystal, or does it use an Investigation blue material?
Not sure. When our armstech gets on I'll ask him to find out.

The Perfect Upari Crystal can be traded, but it does require archaeology to harvest the node. I would hope that the armstech one would use something from it's own gathering match though.

Rookss
03.17.2012 , 03:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
Hopefully there are alternative ways to collect the crystall - otherwise we are going to have credit farmers camping that like crazy.